ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Alex Mascarenas
Ht: 5-11.5 Wt: 170
Position:CB
Year:Class of 2009
High School:Mission Viejo HS
(Mission Viejo, CA)

Was the only sophomore named to the 2006 All-CIF Pac-5 team.

40 time of 4.55 according to Rivals, so he isn't a complete burner for a CB, but he's certainly as fast or faster than many black guys who get Div. IA scholarships. Of course Rivals, living up to our expectations of being unable to think outside the box, has him as a safety despite his small frame.
smiley11.gif

Rivals profile has highlights:
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key =69652&sport=1Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
This guy is on the ESPN 150 Watch list. But it is as an athlete not a CB. ESPN would never have a white CB on the ESPN 150 Watch list. ESPN only has 1 white RB in the top 60 RBs for the "watch list" right now (Wegher) pathetic! I think RB is a little less caste than CB right now.

Btw, Brandon Flowers was a second round black CB in this years NFL draft and he ran a 4.56 at the NFL Combine if I recall. If that's good enough for the NFL second round, I'm sure Mascarenas could do fine at CB in college for UCLA!

johnnyboy

Guru
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Alex Mascarenas
Ht: 5-11.5 Wt: 170
Position:CB
Year:Class of 2009
High School:Mission Viejo HS
(Mission Viejo, CA)

Was the only sophomore named to the 2006 All-CIF Pac-5 team.

40 time of 4.55 according to Rivals, so he isn't a complete burner for a CB, but he's certainly as fast or faster than many black guys who get Div. IA scholarships. Of course Rivals, living up to our expectations of being unable to think outside the box, has him as a safety despite his small frame.
smiley11.gif

Rivals profile has highlights:
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key =69652&sport=1

i keep getting "invalid URL"

G

UCLA dosent play white cornerbacks. He will be moved to safety just like Joe Garcia who tranferred to Nevada and starred at Cornerback a few years ago.

White Power

Mentor
Here we go again many Europeans are dark skinned. Italians, Greeks, Spaniards, Portugese just to name a few. You don't have to Aryan to be white.

SteveB

Mentor
Mascarenas, I believe is Portuguese, therefore it is a good chance that he is of European descent. He is definitely not of African descent.Edited by: SteveB

White Power

Mentor
Emeril Lagasse is Portugese now he is dark, but he definitely is not black. Not to mention one hell of a chef.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I thought Mascarenas was a Greek name. But this kid looks like a dark white to me. He could be part Indian or Native American etc. but I think the name Mascarenas is European. I always root for any race where a person has to defy stereotypes in sports. And I consider an athlete at a speed position that is at least half white, but not of African, Somoan, Australian Aborigine or any very "dark" race decent a debunker of the caste speak of whites.

SteveB

Mentor
Alex is listed at 127 on ESPN's newly revised Top 150.
[url]http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/espn150?se ason=2009&display=all&set=0&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3 a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fes pn150%3fseason%3d2009%26display%3dall%26set%3d0 [/url]
32382990.jpg

According to Ancestry.com:
Mascarenas - Spanish (Mascareñas; Philippines Mascarenas): variant of Portuguese Mascarenhas.

He looks pretty light to me (in fact he is lighter than me).Edited by: SteveB

Heres is what he is....Alex is 25% filipino & the rest is white, but he jumps like a black man (can 2 hand dunk at 5-11) and was clocked in the forty thisyear at 4.44.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
JUSTASPORTSFAN said:
Heres is what he is....Alex is 25% filipino & the rest is white, but he jumps like a black man (can 2 hand dunk at 5-11) and was clocked in the forty thisyear at 4.44.

I think you meant he can jump like a white man. Whites usually dominate international high jumping competitions.
smiley2.gif

The kid tore em up in Maui last night. Only played 1 1/2 quarters of football and scored three times, 2 by receptions & 51 td punt return.