Albert Sosnowski

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Albert Sosnowski fights tonight on ESPN2 at 9 pm. He only has one defeat and I believe 43 wins. He is ranked 23rd in the world at the heavyweight division howeever he has never faced any top competition. This fight is a little disappointing as his opponent Zuri Lawrence is a C level fighter. Lets cheer him on and hope he gets a title shot in the near future.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Zuri Lawrence has decision wins over Jameel McCline and Paola Vidoz, and a draw with Ray Austin.

He has decent boxing skills, but not enough power to keep his opponents off him. But Hasim Rahman had trouble with him last fall, and was lucky to get an early stoppage in the 10th round.

Another fight on this card that may be of interest to some people is heavyweight Derek Rossy against a negro opponent, Jermell Barnes. It may or may not be shown, depending upon how long the two main fights take.

Edited by: JD1986

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The Jewish judges in Brooklyn - Julie Lederman and the other two - gave Zuri Lawrence every round. But there was no way he won the first two rounds, or the 5th.

Sosnowski isn't that good, but he landed a few good shots and Lawrence had to hold a few times to survive.

80-72, 80-72, 80-72
smiley21.gif

I scored it 76-76, a draw.

I hope Lederman, Weisfeld and Taylor are not going to be the judges for the Pavlik vs. Hopkins fight.
smiley13.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes the scoring was unbelievable and racist. Lawrence won the fight by a round. I expected Sosnowski to dominated as Lawrence is a poor fighter. Hes not very good from what I saw. Lawrence has 0 knockouts in all his pro fights. Sosnowski was on the verge of being knocked out in the late rounds.

white is right

Hall of Famer
If Sosnowski lost to Lawrence that isn't a good sign. Lawrence has a chin made out of fine china. Even Dominic Guinn beat him recently. Years ago Sosnowski lost to Arthur Cook an aboriginal fighter who did nothing with that win. So he was more of suspect than a prospect to me.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Well, Sosnowski came back and KOed Danny Williams last year.
smiley32.gif

And coming up on Apr 5, he faces Sauerland heavyweight prospect Francesco Pianeta on the same card as Povetkin-Estrada.

Sean

Mentor
JD1986 said:
Well, Sosnowski came back and KOed Danny Williams last year.
smiley32.gif

And coming up on Apr 5, he faces Sauerland heavyweight prospect Francesco Pianeta on the same card as Povetkin-Estrada.

Thanks for the update JD, but I am really not looking forward to this fight. I really like both guys. I think Pianeta will win the fight by decision.

white is right

Hall of Famer
From what I saw Sosnowski has case that he won this fight. He fought the house fighter and earned a draw. That usually means he would have won the decision on neutral ground. He might be peaking as he ko'd Williams in an upset and now should have won this fight in an another upset. Edited by: white is right

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
He is a good fighter. His loss to Zuri Lawrence was dissapointing though. The crooked judges gave all 8 rounds to Lawrence scoring it 80-72. The fight was much closer than that.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
From what I saw Sosnowski was has case that he won this fight. He fought the house fighter and earned a draw. That usually means he would have won the decision on neutral ground. He might be peaking as he ko'd Williams in an upset and now should have won this fight in an another upset.

I too thought Sosnowski won the fight by a narrow margin. But it was close, so I'm not calling it a robbery.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Sosnowski won every round on my scorecard, 120-108. He had an impressive workrate and showed good stamina in the late rounds.

Scorecards were 120-108, 119-109, and a surprisingly close 117-111, all for Sosnowski. We have a new European heavyweight champion!

smiley32.gif

Blue Devils

Mentor
Sosnowski will face Vitali Klitschko next for the WBC title.

http://www.albertsosnowski.pl/newsroom/43-albert-sosnowski-kontra-witalij-kliczko-czyli-piesciarski-przeboj-roku

From Fightnews:

With the proposed fight against former WBA heavyweight champion Nikolai Valuev falling through, WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko will now face European champion Albert Sosnowski (45-2-1, 27 KOs), probably on April 29 at the Schalke Arena in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. Klitschko's manager Bernd Bönte told BILD that Valuev co-promoter Don King rejected a $2.5 million offer. Sosnowski agreed to a $1 million purse and cancelled his fight with Audley Harrison, which was scheduled for April 9.

Edited by: Blue Devils

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
It's about time some deserving white fighter gets a title shot. Giving worthless black fighters like Kevin Johnson title shots against Vitali is part of the Jewish agenda in the sport. Now it's time for Boystov and Povetkin to finally fight for titles.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I agree WA33.

It's good to see Albert Sosnowski finally receive a decent payday.
smiley20.gif
And with his 45 wins, he's obviously done more to deserve the title shot than Kevin Johnson, who fought mostly low-level clubfighters. And unlike Johnson, he'll actually try his best to win, not just to survive.

It's a safe bet Ross Greenburg won't allow this one to be seen on HBO, despite the Vitali-Arreola fight having the highest rating of any HBO fight in 2009.