Abby Steiner NCAA National Champion/USA National 200m champ 21.77 100m 10.90

albinosprint

Mentor
You can hear wind blowing in the microphone during the video. It’s an amazing run with or without, but there was definitely some wind.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Abby Steiner lowered her outdoor PR to 22.05 (0.5w).
That puts her #4 collegiate all-time.

Can't wait to see her dip under 22 seconds!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Abby Steiner lowered her outdoor PR to 22.05 (0.5w).
That puts her #4 collegiate all-time.

Can't wait to see her dip under 22 seconds!

Abby Steiner is just so amazing as she continues to get better & better. I have a question for you guys.

What happens first? Abby Steiner goes sub 22 wind legal over 200 meters or Boling sub 20 wind legal?

It's a tough one but I'm gonna say Boling. It may happen for both of them in the next week or 2 but it's coming! I love
rooting for both of them and really would love to see them both represent the US on the World Championships Team.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I am going to say Steiner.
But it might just depend on who runs their next 200m race first. :)

sprintstar

Mentor
yes her 22.05 is a wind legal PB but is abit of a letdown from her last 200m into the massive headwind...this race is actually alot slower than the last one. Also it is only .04 seconds faster than her 22.09 indoor 200m race.

On the positive side: she looks healthy, strong, great fast twitch turnover and determined in this race, she made the "other" competitors look sloooowwwwww.

She most definitely will go sub 22 in her next 200m race if conditions are good and if she has competition from the other sprinters.

noteworthy tidbit: apparently on Thursdays she volunteers at "Gods Pantry" in Kentucky. Good on her...

sprintstar

Mentor
I am hoping Steiner puts it all together in this upcoming NCAA Outdoor track & Field Championships. She will be hard to beat in the 100m whilst in the 200m if she runs her race and has Ofili behind her at the top of the bend in the 200m she wont be caught. Hoping she PB's in both races and comes away niggle/injury free! Go Abby!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I am hoping Steiner puts it all together in this upcoming NCAA Outdoor track & Field Championships. She will be hard to beat in the 100m whilst in the 200m if she runs her race and has Ofili behind her at the top of the bend in the 200m she wont be caught. Hoping she PB's in both races and comes away niggle/injury free! Go Abby!!

So the 2022 NCAA Track and Field Championships are going on. After the first day of the womens semifinals Abby Steiner won both the 100 & 200 meters races and did both in the fastest times of the day to qualify for the finals! :)

She set 2 New Personal Bests and I already updated the title of this thread.

Abby Steiner ran wind legal 10.90 and 22.02 and this is only the semifinals. The finals to crown the NCAA Womens Champions will be on Saturday. Good luck to Abby!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is Abby Steiners new personal best time of 10.90 wind legal in the NCAA National Championships Semi Finals.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Again we have the beautiful Abby Steiner showing of her jets with another p.b. of 22.02 in the 2022 NCAA National Championships Womens 200 meters Semirinals! :)

freedom1

Mentor
I am pumped about today. Abby looks soooo strong. She is a pro. She is confident and timed her peak perfectly.

sprintstar

Mentor
I am very excited for Abby to do well(win) both events, Ofili is no slouch and will push her to the max. I hope she is able to execute her races to her level and even faster as she is so freaking fast it is almost overwhelming to watch but amazing at the same time. I would not be surprised if all blacks are silently and vocally rooting against her. If conditions are conducive to the track we will see some blistering times especially in the 200m. I think Miss Steiner has a 21.90 in her and a sub 10.90 in her for the 100m as this is what it will take to win today. Most importantly I truly hope she comes out it healthy! Imagine if she decided to focus on the 400m only....scary for other competitors

Hey maybe RG3 could say she is the Eminem of female sprinting. He's such an idiot and he gets away with his racist remarks on National stage.

AC55

I am very excited for Abby to do well(win) both events, Ofili is no slouch and will push her to the max. I hope she is able to execute her races to her level and even faster as she is so freaking fast it is almost overwhelming to watch but amazing at the same time. I would not be surprised if all blacks are silently and vocally rooting against her. If conditions are conducive to the track we will see some blistering times especially in the 200m. I think Miss Steiner has a 21.90 in her and a sub 10.90 in her for the 100m as this is what it will take to win today. Most importantly I truly hope she comes out it healthy! Imagine if she decided to focus on the 400m only....scary for other competitors

Hey maybe RG3 could say she is the Eminem of female sprinting. He's such an idiot and he gets away with his racist remarks on National stage.
RG3: another terrible affirmative action hire.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

I agree with your predictions for Abby in both the 100 & 200 Meters. She is always relaxed and composed like a 30 year old track veteran. So mature and incredibly talented.

We are all a little down with Boling but I do believe today we will be screaming from the rooftops. I see her winning at least 1 if not 2 national championships in the sprints today. Like you said she will have to have 2 perfect races but she can do it! :)

white is right

Hall of Famer

They had to hire somebody that the typical viewer can understand. Being a "cornball brother "qualifies him for that...

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We are about 20 minutes away from the womens 100 meters finals. It's sad that it's raining like cats & dogs. Not gonna be fast times most likely. Just hope Abby can win and be crowned the national champion!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Abby 3rd in 11.08

I'm not sure if she stumbled but she had a horrible start and still almost ran both of them down. If the race was 105 meters she wins. It's sad but true in the 100 the start usually decides most races in the finals of the championships. I'm
sure she is a little down as they also took silver in the 4 x 100 womens 100 relay finals earlier. Keep your head up Abby. You got the 200 and it's your time to shine. Glad it stopped raining at least for now.