Aaron Rodgers NY Jets

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I read a little of what Rodgers had to say. Glad he is pointing the finger at the Packers organization since the media have framed him to be a supposedly bad teammate, selfish and all around general bad guy. We here know that Rodgers gave Gutencuck and Lafleur more wins than they will get moving forward and both the GM and head coach seemed to actively work against him with their draft and free agent history. Gutencuck and Lafleur are the next generation of uber-cuck NFL coaches and GMs. A decade ago the Packers were one of the Whiter teams in the league and even up until the end of the Ted Thompson era they still trended White friendly.

Rodgers probably has two seasons left in him. It would be nice if he is able to come in establish himself as the short term answer and also help prepare Zach Wilson to take over.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Agreed LF! Rodgers is the hero and the Packers cucked brass are the villains (soon to be exposed too as losers).

Regarding the reports, the latest I heard is that Rodgers told McAfee it was mostly fake news. Called out (((Schefter))) and told him to lose his number. Seems only Trey Wingo was a credible source.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/15/aaron-rodgers-jets-news-qb-told-adam-schefter-lose-my-number/amp/

Shame on me for for even entertaining any report from the lugenpresse.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
No way. A Tiny hat manufactures a lie in order to cause controversy!

His list of demands sounded too stupid to be true.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Packers want a 1st round pick and more for Rodgers. They have no leverage so it should be interesting to see if the Packers or Jets get fleeced.

booth

Mentor
My question is why the Jets? Does he think they can become contenders for the Super Bowl? I think it's a bad choice. He has not seen bad press until the N.Y. press starts gnawing at him when they lose 2 or 3 games in a row. He is a great player but I think he is putting himself in a no-win situation.

white is right

Hall of Famer
My question is why the Jets? Does he think they can become contenders for the Super Bowl? I think it's a bad choice. He has not seen bad press until the N.Y. press starts gnawing at him when they lose 2 or 3 games in a row. He is a great player but I think he is putting himself in a no-win situation.
The NY media is insane with coverage of the 2 NFL teams. I know Rodgers has had the national media following his every move for over a decade but in NY you have that plus 2 sports radio stations, half a dozen papers, multiple tv stations plus local sports cable and to top it off obnoxious super fans that turn on their heroes at a drop of dime.

In contrast Green Bay had probably 1/5th the reporters and only a Milwaukee paper and one reporter from each television station and the fans appreciate the players remaining in the relatively isolated Green Bay market.

@white is right Yeah, I can't imagine he would want to play for the Jets. NY kills anyone showing the least amount of vulnerability (figuratively of course). I personally can't imagine even living there: people living on top of and below other people and buying or renting a piece of space in the sky surrounded by brick, steel, glass, and masonry. I passed through there twice as a little kid with relatives and it was like Neil and Buzz looking out at the moon from the LEM. If that event actually happened, but I won't open that can of worms. Lol. Not trying to put down anyone here that lives there; I guess it could perhaps be gotten used to.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Rodgers signed by Jets today.
Here's the details of the trade. The Jets ended up not giving up as much as many thought they would. Given Rodgers' age it's understandable:

Jets acquired QB Aaron Rodgers from the Packers.​

In addition to Rodgers, it appears the Jets are receiving the No. 15 overall pick and a fifth-rounder. For their part, the Packers receive the 13th, 42nd, and 207th selections in this year's draft and a conditional 2024 second that would become a first if Rodgers plays more than 65 percent of the offensive snaps in 2023. Rodgers and the Packers burned numerous bridges this offseason after the two had been gradually falling out over the previous three seasons, leaving the proverbial door closed on a return to Green Bay. The Jets get their aging veteran quarterback while the Packers move forward with former first-round draft pick Jordan Love. Initial reports indicated the hold up on the deal was New York's 13th overall pick in this year's draft, making the inclusion of a non-performance-protected 2024 conditional first-round pick a significant win for general manager Brian Gutekunst and the Packers.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I would love to see Aaron Rodgers bring the Jets a Super Bowl Win. Not since Joe Namath way back in 1969 have the Jets won a
Super Bowl. J.E.T.S. has stood for just end the season for countless decades. Brady did it in Tampa Bay when no one thought he
could. Granted he had alot more talent around him than the Jets currently have but the season isn't here till the fall. I can see
some wheeling and dealing before then. The Giants like the Yankees in Baseball have always got most of the glory & praise in the New
York City Area. Would love to see the Jets return back to a contending team. I think this could install new life into Rodgers. He wasn't
happy for the last several years in Green Bay. This is a great thing for the game of football and for Jets Fans everywhere.

Flint

Mentor
Aaron Rodgers Retires From Professional Football To Play With The Jets

https://babylonbee.com/news/aaron-rodgers-retires-from-professional-football-to-play-with-the-jets

NEW YORK, NY — Legendary Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has officially signed with the New York Jets, confirming his retirement from professional football.

"You have to know when to walk away," said Rodgers. "I'm excited to put on a New York Jets jersey, and leave pro football in the rearview mirror."
Sources inside the Jets organization were reportedly shocked to receive the word from Rodgers. "How much peyote is he smoking??" asked General Manager Joe Douglas. "Eh, who cares. Even if he's high, just to have a legend like Rodgers on the field with us amateurs - it's going to be amazing. I know the NFL will be sad to lose him, but their loss is our gain."

Rodgers took months to make a final decision, laboring over whether it was time to hang up his cleats. "Professional football is an incredible grind," said Rodgers. "I've enjoyed my career tremendously, but in the end, I realized I was done with all the film watching, the practicing - that endless pursuit of perfection. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about any of that with the Jets. It's going to be an amazing change of pace."

At publishing time, Aaron Rodgers had asked if anyone had some psychedelics because he just sobered up enough to realize he had actually signed with the New York Jets.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Lol even with the parody I’ll take NYJ with a better record than Green Bay.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Happy for Aaron Rodgers but this is gonna take a little while to get used to.
i

Phall

Master
The Jets don't have any white receivers to underutilize anymore; I hope Randall Cobb and Allen Lazard give Rodgers their A+ seasons, since neither one is good enough to "pick where they play" on merit alone.

freedom1

Mentor
Aaron Rodgers Retires From Professional Football To Play With The Jets

https://babylonbee.com/news/aaron-rodgers-retires-from-professional-football-to-play-with-the-jets

NEW YORK, NY — Legendary Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has officially signed with the New York Jets, confirming his retirement from professional football.

"You have to know when to walk away," said Rodgers. "I'm excited to put on a New York Jets jersey, and leave pro football in the rearview mirror."
Sources inside the Jets organization were reportedly shocked to receive the word from Rodgers. "How much peyote is he smoking??" asked General Manager Joe Douglas. "Eh, who cares. Even if he's high, just to have a legend like Rodgers on the field with us amateurs - it's going to be amazing. I know the NFL will be sad to lose him, but their loss is our gain."

Rodgers took months to make a final decision, laboring over whether it was time to hang up his cleats. "Professional football is an incredible grind," said Rodgers. "I've enjoyed my career tremendously, but in the end, I realized I was done with all the film watching, the practicing - that endless pursuit of perfection. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about any of that with the Jets. It's going to be an amazing change of pace."

At publishing time, Aaron Rodgers had asked if anyone had some psychedelics because he just sobered up enough to realize he had actually signed with the New York Jets.
This cracked me up, but honestly, as a Packer fan, I know Rodgers is that good. He will turn things around in NY.

NikoDuke

Guru
I am no Jets fan but, I very much would like Rodgers to tear it up this year as it would go far in countering the caste narrative.

For me, Rodgers, Lawrence and Allen are 3 QBs I'm really rooting for.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A real shame. I wonder how much motivation he'll have to try and come back at his age. He has all the money he needs, he's very bright and multi-talented, smart enough to have hosted Jeopardy and done a good job. Hope I'm wrong but it's likely the end of the career of a four-time MVP, one of the very best ever.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
A real shame. I wonder how much motivation he'll have to try and come back at his age. He has all the money he needs, he's very bright and multi-talented, smart enough to have hosted Jeopardy and done a good job. Hope I'm wrong but it's likely the end of the career of a four-time MVP, one of the very best ever.
Agreed. Hopefully he will remain a presence in the locker room and continue to mentor Wilson for the season. The Jets need to take the training wheels of for Wilson too and let him throw the ball and play in the same offense he did at BYU. Also curious to see if they bring back Flacco as the backup or maybe Wentz?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Flacco still wants to play but no team has been interested in him. Same with Wentz as far as I know.

All the reports in training camp were that Wilson made lots of strides both in maturity and how to play, thanks in large part to Rodgers' presence and tutoring. Frankly, he's one of the few White QBs who did come across as a bust early on. All things considered he played pretty well last night, certainly made fewer mistakes than Josh Allen and at times actually reminded me of Rodgers the way he scrambled around under intense pressure and ended up either finding someone to throw to or just throwing it away. He's clearly another mobile White QB and has a strong arm, this is the season he has to put it together if he can. Zach Wilson establishing himself as the Jets' starter would be the best outcome after the loss of Rodgers.