A nice video of White Dunkers

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Man did this video bring back some sweet memories. Tom Chambers is one of my All Time Favorite Players. He was like a more athletic
Larry Bird but not as good of an overall player. Still a 4 time all star and it should have been more apperarances than that. The guy could
just dominate a game on offense. The video talked about his Suns All Time Single Game Scoring Record of 60 points. He also had a game
a few weeks prior to that where he scored 56 points. I'm shocked he is not in the NBA Hall of Fame yet! Hopefully very soon. He was and
still is a legend. HIs nickname was "Tommy Gun" Chambers as he loved to shoot and could score at will. :)

]

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Watching Tom Chambers is electrifying. Seems like a snub for The Hall. Watching highlights of young phenom Cooper Flagg, I seem a lot of Chambers in his game.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Watching Tom Chambers is electrifying. Seems like a snub for The Hall. Watching highlights of young phenom Copper Flagg, I seem a lot of Chambers in his game.

Cooper Flagg is a good comparison. Also Keith Van Horn and there are others. Chambers & Van Horn were both 6'10 and Flagg is 6'8
but all 3 are high flying scoring machines. The difference is that Cooper Flagg can also be an all defensive team guy. The guys swats
away shots like a human fly swatter and with his speed and coordination he gets so many steals. Complete All Around Superstar in the making!

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Cooper Flagg is a good comparison. Also Keith Van Horn and there are others. Chambers & Van Horn were both 6'10 and Flagg is 6'8
but all 3 are high flying scoing machines. The difference is that Cooper Flagg can also be an all defensive team guy. The guys swats
away shots like a human fly swatter and with his speed and coordination he gets so many steals. Complete All Around Superstar in the making!
I remember Chambers and Van Horn well. Chambers was as athletic a basketball player as I've ever seen.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I remember Chambers and Van Horn well. Chambers was as athletic a basketball player as I've ever seen.
Him and Tom gugliotta were the two most athletic white big men of that era in my opinion. I liked van horn too, but I’d put him as third. I don’t watch the nba anymore but I did back then, and they were always fun to watch.

Also there was a mid 90s basketball video game which you could play them in and they always did well. I don’t remember the name because I didn’t own it myself. Ah memories.

Hopefully Flagg picks up where they left off.