2024 Wake Forest Demon Deacons

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Since 2008 The Demon Deacons have started 7, 7, 10, 11,10, 10, 8, 7, 7, 6, 7, 6, 6, 7, and 6 white athletes. This season they look to step up and add 2 on the starting defense for a total of 8. In addition to the 6 starting on offense, Tate Carney is listed as the number 2 RB after rushing for 244 yards on 49 carries, 5.0 YPC average as a RS FR. WR-SL Taylor Morin has been a staple at the position for 3 years He averaged 15.0 per reception in 2023, but scored just 2 TD's. I will predict he gets into the end zone many more times this season. Also, at WR, number 2 on the depth chart will be Tennessee transfer Walker Merrill. Hopefully he'll get some PT in 2024. At QB will be Louisiana Tech transfer Hank Bachmeier SR/TR. Don't know much about this young man. Maybe someone else here does.
On the defensive side Nick Andersen will start at FS. Woodlands Texas product Dylan Hazen who saw valuable playing time in 2023, will finally become a starter at the MLB position. Not too bad of a look for Wake Forest, but just like Duke, the Harvard of the south, I always expect alot more from Wake Forest as it is in the same category as Duke academically.

Offense-6
WR-SL Taylor Morin RS-SR
LG-Matt Gulbin RS-JR
OC-Luke Petitbon RS-JR
RT-Erik Russell RS-JR
TE-Cameron Hite RS-SR
QB-Hank Bachmeier RS/SR-TR
Back Ups
RB-Tate Carney RS-SO. I'm positive Carney will see ample playing time as he is listed at number 2 on the DC.

Defense-2
MLB-Dylan Hazen RS-JR
FS-Nick Andersen RS-JR
Back Ups
LDT Wyatt Crespi RS-JR
RDT Zach Lohavichan RS-JR

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bachmeier has bounced around for years in college (this will be his 6th season) - he's not White. Has a poly mother. He's a decent QB but nothing special. He had a solid career at Boise St before transferring to La Tech last year.

IIRC Walker Merrill played really well in the spring game at Tennessee a few years back only to never be given a shot. Looks like his transfer to Wake Forest has yet to pay dividends. Hopefully he emerges along with the great Taylor Morin. Nice to see another Carney in the back field, his brother Cade was a fine RB.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Definitely some things to root for. Agree with Carolina though, I expect a bit more from Wake in the Defensive Front 7!