2024 UNLV Runnin Rebels

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Since 2006, the Rebels have started 9, 6, 9, 8, 8, 5, 6, 7, 9, 8, 7, 7, 4, 2, 3, 2, 2, and 3 white players. In ‘24 looks like 6. 7 if you count RT Shanks.

Huge improvement for UNLV this year at least doubling their starters. Woodard and Sluka give this team star power!

OFFENSE

QB
Matthew Sluka Sr. 6’3 215 *FCS transfer and dual threat!

LT Anton Ambuehl RJr. 6’6 300

C Jack Hasz RSr. 6’3 300

RG Austin Boyd So. 6’4 300

RT Tiger Shanks RSo. 6’5 325* White/Asian mix?

DEFENSE

NT
Cooper Webb RSr. 6’2 300

MLB Jackson Woodard RSr. 6’3 230 * Best player on the team. Phall mentioned him in last years thread. Transfer, that started out as a walk on at Arkansas. 116 tackles, 2.5 sacks, and an int last season. NFL potential.

BU: QB Cameron Friel, QB Lucas Lenhoff, TE Christian Earls, HBack Christian Moore, C Graham Keating, LT Will Thomas, DE Fisher Camac, DT Lucas Conti.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Another team that has bounced back in the right direction. I think Don's observation was correct.....

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Not bad! Sluka was a beast at Holy Cross. It’s a shame only UNLV was interested in him at the FBS level. Hoping for a big season from him!

I’ve noticed a few more White DTs emerging as well this year. Not a lot but it seems like a modest uptick.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Grift, White man Grift.

Sluka playing the corrupt system just like higher profile black players have and of course he is being demonized for it. The NIL grifter Rashada and the kid from Nc state that decided not to waste his eligibility and red shirt don’t seem to be getting nearly the flak Sluka is receiving. Another fine example of DWFs being conditioned to demonize and attack White athletes.

Sluka's agent probably told him one thing and the school told him another. Handshake deals never work out and someone always gets screwed. His agent is Marcus Cromartie. Never do business with people who hate you.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Sluka's agent probably told him one thing and the school told him another. Handshake deals never work out and someone always gets screwed. His agent is Marcus Cromartie. Never do business with people who hate you.
Cromartie definitely looks like a loser here.. a verbal agreement? Get that in ink! Looks like Sluka loses out on a big payday, and successful transfer year because of incompetence..

Also UNLV can’t cough up the 88k they owe him? Lol last QB that transfers there, ever .

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I don’t have X, care to share what his bro said? Thanks in advance !
Coach Reed said "All financial commitments for UNLV QB Matthew Sluka were completely met. But after wins against KU and Houston, Sluka’s family hired an agent and they collectively feel that his market value has increased, per source." followed quickly by a tweet/X whatever from Sluka's brother "your source has this wrong". Then hilarity ensues with NIL comments and the typical "he sucks because he's a white running QB kind of stuff.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Coach Reed said "All financial commitments for UNLV QB Matthew Sluka were completely met. But after wins against KU and Houston, Sluka’s family hired an agent and they collectively feel that his market value has increased, per source." followed quickly by a tweet/X whatever from Sluka's brother "your source has this wrong". Then hilarity ensues with NIL comments and the typical "he sucks because he's a white running QB kind of stuff.
Gotcha figured I didn’t miss too much! DWFs are very predictable on who is acceptable to direct their hate towards!

Cromartie definitely looks like a loser here.. a verbal agreement? Get that in ink! Looks like Sluka loses out on a big payday, and successful transfer year because of incompetence..

Also UNLV can’t cough up the 88k they owe him? Lol last QB that transfers there, ever .
Sluka made the fatal mistake of trusting blacks with his financial future. If it ain't white it ain't right Matthew!

Warhawk_46

Master
Regardless, it is a bad look for Sluka to quit in his team because his payments aren’t what he was promised. He will be demonized much more than a black who did the same, but either way it is a bad look.

As a coach why would I want this type of player in my team? I wouldn’t.

Same goes for players recruited to a program by big time promises from a coach who already has one (hidden) foot out the door.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Regardless, it is a bad look for Sluka to quit in his team because his payments aren’t what he was promised. He will be demonized much more than a black who did the same, but either way it is a bad look.

As a coach why would I want this type of player in my team? I wouldn’t.

Same goes for players recruited to a program by big time promises from a coach who already has one (hidden) foot out the door.

It's interesting that Kadyn Proctor who left Alabama, transferred to Iowa got NIL money and then transferred back to Alabama without ever playing a down for Iowa is not demonized. Nor is MJ Morris who did the exact same thing last year for NC State - played in a handful of games and opted out of the rest of the season to preserve his redshirt or Jaden Rashada who committed to UF, supposedly did not get the MILLIONs he was promised, transferred to ASU to grift them only to transfer out after proving he did not live up to the billing and now is getting NIL money after transferring to UGA.

All the reports are stating that Sluka wanted what was promised to him. I agree that NIL and the transfer portal are both detrimental to football and destroyed the remaining bit of integrity of the sport. Players and coaches should not be blaming him though as he was promised payment to play. This is what the player advocates, many players, media, fans and some coaches/administrations wanted. The NCAA needs to regulate NIL but any sort of order seems a long way off. it but again the amount of money Sluka was seeking is significantly less than what Proctor, Rashada and Morris are getting. Yet the White athlete becomes the bad guy and the target while the much more egregious melaninized offenders escaped any sort of media witch hunt (again the media is playing both sides of NIL).

icsept

Master
I don’t blame Sluka. There’s a long history of coaches lying to recruits. However, now the pendulum has swung in the players’ favor. If they’re not happy, they can leave.