2024 U.S. Open

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Third seeded Carlos Alcaraz was shockingly defeated in straight sets in the second round by unseeded Dutch player Botic van de Zandschulp.

Novak Djokovic lost the first two sets in the third round to 28th seeded Alexei Popyrin, an Australian born in Russia to Russian parents. Novak won the third set in an attempt to rally back with the match still ongoing as I write this.

icsept

Master
Watching the “refreshingly diverse” (according to ESPN) US Open. Djoker’s in trouble. Plenty of amazing White players still in the tournament.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Djokovic goes down in four sets. He had 14 double faults, his most ever in a match during a major, and a huge amount of unforced errors, also very uncharacteristic. Maybe a hangover from winning the gold medal in Paris, a great career highlight during the first year since '17 that he didn't win one of the four Slam events.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Number one seeded Iga Swiatek moves on to the fourth round, beating a fattie named Pavlyuchenkova in straight sets. Iga has five Grand Slam titles and hopefully adds another one next week. She's the most prolific White female champion as far as Slam titles since Justine Hennin, who had seven. Before Henin you have to go way back to all-time greats like Graf, Evert and Navratilova, who won 22, 18 and 18 respectively.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The poor announcing team at the Open is apoplectic that their heroine, Coco Gauff, just got bounced from the tournament be Emma Navarro. They all seemed very, very sad and disappointed.

Just a note, Emma Navarro seems to be slightly more attractive than the goddess Coco. But isn't that rayciss to say?

icsept

Master
The “refreshingly diverse” tournament has become “stale and pale” as we get to the quarterfinals. By the end of the day we will have 7/8 women (one Chinese) and 7/8 men (Tiafoe.).

I’ve really been impressed with Emma Navarro, who has surgically eliminated Gauff from the last two majors.

With Alcaraz and Djokovic gone, the door is open for a Tommy Paul or Taylor Fritz to win and become the face of American men’s tennis. Although Paul will probably be eliminated tonight by Sinner. Paul and Fritz appear to be likeable, marketable athletes who could become stars by winning this tournament.

CrazyFinn

Mentor
If Emma Navarro were black, she would be the toast of the odious negro-worshipping US Open crowd. They’re hands down the worst tennis fans in the world, especially when it comes to their love of diversity. I was worried the 1/4 Italian negress Paolini who has pretty much disavowed her 75% white (Polish/Italian) heritage by declaring she pretty much identifies as African due to her Ghanaian maternal grandmother would make a run to the finals. She was thankfully dispatched by Muchova in an easy win. I’m also confident one of the remaining men will take care of Tiafoe.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What else would you expect from a city that has a nude statue of Arthur Ashe welcoming visitors to the U.S. Open venue.

Matra2

Master
Tiafoe leading Dimitrov 2-1, now in the 4th set. Dimitrov's backhand has improved but he's still not that good and I fear we could end up with Tiafoe in the final. The winner plays American Taylor Fritz (who was great today) in the S-F. Needless to say it would be a huge coup for the multiculti crowd if Tiafoe were to become the first American since Andy Roddick in 2003 to win a major.

icsept

Master
Pegula wins the first set against Iga Swiatek.

ESPN has hired Nick Kyrgios as a TV analyst for the Open. The Aussie Kyrgios was known for his mouthwatering upside, bad temper, lack of effort, disrespect for the game, and NEVER winning anything. Perfect choice for a TV analyst, wearing sweatsuits in the studio. At least their other quota hire, Chris Eubanks, is a very pleasant guy attempting to be a professional broadcaster.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Two American men square off in the semis today, Taylor Fritz against Frances Tiafoe. I was browsing some sites and came across this worshipful article in The American Conservative. Worshipful toward Tiafoe that is with zero interest in Fritz as he's only mentioned in passing even though no American man has won a Slam event since Andy Roddick 21 long years ago and Fritz has been ranked as high as fifth in the world rankings while Tiafoe is twentieth.

From the picture accompanying the article to the article itself, ending by letting us know Tiafoe has a "big smile," it's no different than the way the corporate media is covering it, maybe worse. Pure cuckservatism celebrating White replacement, a great example of why there's no real opposition in America, just obedient Globalism Lite via the Republican Party, Fox News, etc.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Two American men square off in the semis today, Taylor Fritz against Frances Tiafoe. I was browsing some sites and came across this worshipful article in The American Conservative. Worshipful toward Tiafoe that is with zero interest in Fritz as he's only mentioned in passing even though no American man has won a Slam event since Andy Roddick 21 long years ago and Fritz has been ranked as high as fifth in the world rankings while Tiafoe is twentieth.

From the picture accompanying the article to the article itself, ending by letting us know Tiafoe has a "big smile," it's no different than the way the corporate media is covering it, maybe worse. Pure cuckservatism celebrating White replacement, a great example of why there's no real opposition in America, just obedient Globalism Lite via the Republican Party, Fox News, etc.

Shameful but not surprising.

In my casual following of the tournament, I'd say that Tiafoe has received about 10x the coverage as Fritz. Fritz might as well be the Invisible Man, as I barely hear him mentioned in the MSM at all.

icsept

Master
Fritz is higher ranked and has a better career resume than Tiafoe, and they are the same age. Tiafoe will have the NY crowd, who will be embarrassed to be seen cheering for Whitey. Either way, Sinner is looking very good and should win the title.

Pegula and Sabalenka is a good Women’s final, and a clash of styles. I’d like to see the Russian win, just to jam ESPN and their retarded refusal to put the Russian flag icon on the screen or acknowledge any Russian player’s country of origin. It’s interesting that Pegula’s Korean heritage is rarely/never mentioned, while Paolini and Osaka’s partial African DNA cannot be overstated enough.

Matra2

Master
The US Open has decided to give the two Americans, who played on Tuesday, the later night match while giving Sinner/Draper the earlier afternoon match despite Sinner's QF match being played a day later on Wednesday. There is an unofficial understanding that the guys who played a day earlier should also play the semi-final ealier - ie. afternoon - than those who had one day less rest.

Now, it's not that big a deal but there is a bit of a history of long afternoon matches being more physically and mentally demanding, especially in summer, than the cooler less humid night matches with the afternoon winners being more drained come the next match. Again, it is not gross unfairness, they are pros who understand this stuff, but still it is minor favouritism towards the two Americans. I don't think they are trying to tip the balance; in all likelihood it is due to commercial considerations - ie. more people will be able to watch the night match with two Americans meaning higher ratings to show advertisers in the future.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The US Open has decided to give the two Americans, who played on Tuesday, the later night match while giving Sinner/Draper the earlier afternoon match despite Sinner's QF match being played a day later on Wednesday. There is an unofficial understanding that the guys who played a day earlier should also play the semi-final ealier - ie. afternoon - than those who had one day less rest.

Now, it's not that big a deal but there is a bit of a history of long afternoon matches being more physically and mentally demanding, especially in summer, than the cooler less humid night matches with the afternoon winners being more drained come the next match. Again, it is not gross unfairness, they are pros who understand this stuff, but still it is minor favouritism towards the two Americans. I don't think they are trying to tip the balance; in all likelihood it is due to commercial considerations - ie. more people will be able to watch the night match with two Americans meaning higher ratings to show advertisers in the future.
Your final comment is most accurate, the later game will get more of an audience. But they are doing it not to promote Americans playing the match, but to showcase Tiafoe. It really wouldn't matter what country he is from, just his skin color. Being American just makes it even better in the eyes of those who promote these things.

Matra2

Master
Your final comment is most accurate, the later game will get more of an audience. But they are doing it not to promote Americans playing the match, but to showcase Tiafoe. It really wouldn't matter what country he is from, just his skin color. Being American just makes it even better in the eyes of those who promote these things.

Almost certainly something to that. The court is named after Arthur Ashe while the entire facility is named after Billie Jean King - no doubt for the lesbian's Herculean effort to defeat 55 year old youngster Bobby Riggs in a completely staged match.

Sinner is going to win the first match, as he leads by two sets and Draper has been throwing up on the court and looks spent. I'm hoping Fritz can maintain his form and make it a Sinner-Fritz final that can be enjoyed for the tennis without all the gushing and political propaganda.

Snow Plow

Mentor
They are 1-1 through 2 sets. Fritz is looking good as he won the last game with 4 straight points on Tiafoe’s serve. I haven’t noticed the crowd being partial either way. I think they are enjoying a good match. Let’s hope Fritz can pull it out.

Matra2

Master
Fritz is frustrating to cheer for but he still managed to pull out the fourth set despite not playing great largely because Tiafoe seems to have lost energy. Tiafoe played the last few games as if his legs were gone but it could be temporary. We'll see. Either way whoever wins Sinner will be the clear favourite on Sunday.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Fritz up a break in the 5th set. Tiafoe falling apart a bit and Fritz showing a killer instinct.

Matra2

Master
Of course, it is not possible Tiafoe's legs are gone because ESPN told us over and over again about his great "athleticism" so clearly it must be something else;)

Snow Plow

Mentor
Of course, it is not possible Tiafoe's legs are gone because ESPN told us over and over again about his great "athleticism" so clearly it must be something else;)
I’ve never seen so many double faults. Now he’s throwing his racquet.

Matra2

Master
The half-Korean daughter of a billionair,e Jessica Pegula, lauded by the USTA as an example of diversity and inclusion (AAPI)* lost to Aryna Sabalenka from Belarus. Lots of disappointed looking black celebs in the crowd including F1's Lewis Hamilton. I'm guessing he and others were in NYC this weekend because they were expecting black players in the final but it just didn't work out. lol

* Asian-American and Pacific Islander

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to Fritz on making it to the final. I wasn't able to watch the semi as I don't currently have ESPN as DirecTV has booted them over some kind of compensation dispute. May have to watch the final on a stream tomorrow but will probably be too busy monitoring the opening games of the sport this site is named after.

CrazyFinn

Mentor
Sabalenka is not only a great player but she’s a nice looking girl with a personality to match. She would be a marketing dream but being that she’s Belorussian will not be getting the endorsements or the respect especially from the American media.

It‘s impressive to come back and win a tournament she lost last year in disappointing fashion, not to mention how hostile the US Open has become to non-diverse players. She and Swiatek have now combined for 8 GS wins between them and finally looks like the revolving door of one-and-done European female players is over. I hope these two will dominate and win many more titles over the coming years as they’re both young and very talented.