2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NikoDuke

Mentor
Well, well.. against the odds Edmonton has come back , won 3 straight and forced a game 7..

This highlights how important goaltending is in the NHL as Bobrovsky has looked normal in recent games & it would seem that Florida has lost their goaltending advantage.

Should be a great game 7!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It'll be the most anticipated and compelling Stanley Cup finals game in a long time. Edmonton and South Florida aren't major TV markets but let's hope it draws an impressive audience on ABC. I'm sure the ratings in Canada have been through the roof all series.

Among the many things the Panthers have to be worried about, McDavid was completely throttled in Game 6 and Edmonton still won rather handily.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
It'll be the most anticipated and compelling Stanley Cup finals game in a long time. Edmonton and South Florida aren't major TV markets but let's hope it draws an impressive audience on ABC. I'm sure the ratings in Canada have been through the roof all series.

Among the many things the Panthers have to be worried about, McDavid was completely throttled in Game 6 and Edmonton still won rather handily.
Panthers are still playing tight. If they don’t loosen up a bit and play without the fear of penalties then Edmonton will have deservedly won the cup

Should be a great game 7

NikoDuke

Mentor
I have no dog in this fight but, I will say if the Oilers were to win and Mcdavid finally wins a cup, it will cement his legacy as a top 5 forward in the history of the game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I've been pulling for the Oilers all along, as I wrote in the first post in this thread.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I've been pulling for the Oilers all along, as I wrote in the first post in this thread.
Same. After the Panthers dispossessed of my Rangers, I could not root for them. Also, the best player in the league winning the Cup would be good for the sport.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Excited to watch Game 7 tonight at the bar!

2 of the most exciting things in all of sports are the Do or Die Game. From the Super Bowl to March Madness. Yet even with those few
things can match the excitement and anticipation of a Game 7! Let's Go Oilers. Get rid of Trudeau and Canada is not bad!

sprintstar

Mentor
get rid of the Liberal Government on the 500,000 Indians they have let in the doors in the past 1.3 years and Canada would not be too bad, not good but not shyte. Here's hoping Connor McJesus can lead the Oi;ers to victory in game 7!

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Congratulations to the best hockey team in the world. The 2024 stanley cup champion Florida Panthers!!!

They got back to their game and beat an excellent offfensive team in Edmonton Oilers.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What a great series, so enjoyable to watch. The on-ice celebration afterwards is always great, too. Like golfers, hockey players are almost always class acts.

Like Steve Levy of ABC/ESPN just said, the series ended in a good way. Florida was the best team during the regular season and through the playoffs until stumbling and almost blowing it and deserves the first championship in team history. Edmonton avoided an embarrassing end to their season and acquitted themselves very well even though the sting of defeat after two months of battling in the playoffs and coming so close is brutal. Connor McDavid, the best player in the sport, won the Conn Smythe trophy even though he plays for the losing team. And going even further in the scheme of things, Paul Maurice would have gone down as the coach of the team with the most epic collapse in Stanley Cup Finals history; instead he finally won a Stanley Cup after nearly 30 years of coaching. I like his personality and wit, so glad for him also.

Tannehill17

Mentor
I am extremely happy (and relieved) that our Panthers were able to bring a Stanley Cup to South Florida. One of the main reasons I am happy is because it makes the idiot Dolphins braintrust look that much worse in comparison. Our nearly all white hockey team just won a Stanley Cup through good drafting, shrewd trades, and smart free agent signings. GM Bill Zito has done a masterful job with this team. On the contrary, Chris Grier and his coal black Dolphins will probably end up disappointing yet again. The DWF's in the media always claim them to be the "winners of the offseason" only to have it blow up in their faces. I love seeing it.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Like many other posters I didn't have a dog in this fight, but loved the series. The clash in styles of the two teams was fun to watch. Panthers deserved the trophy as they were able to make the adjustments for game 7. Focusing on their defensive strength and physicality worked. Edmonton was stymied the entire game. Even though low-scoring, it was a great game to watch, similar to a pitching duel between two greats like the old days of baseball.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Watching McDavid all through the playoffs, he's a remarkable talent and Edmonton lacks the depth to dominate. I will say that Connor doesn't have the ice vision of hockey geniuses Gretzky and Lemieux. The Oilers came oh so close and I respect what they did and McDavid deserved the Conn Smythe Trophy but nine seasons into his NHL career, McDavid needs his name on the Stanley Cup to be recognized as an all time great.,