2024 Ohio State Buckeyes

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Since 2005, Ohio State has started 12, 11, 11, 10, 10, 12, 12, 8, 4, 6, 6, 3, 3, 5, 6, 3, 5 and 6 whites players (no writeup in 2013). In 2024 the Buckeyes are projected to start 5.

QB Will Howard transfers over from Kansas State after Ryan Day and the Buckeye fanbase blamed QB Kyle McCord for going 11-1 last season. Howard is a big, strong, athletic QB so it will be interesting to see how he fares in Chip Kelly's offense. He's certainly a dark horse Heisman candidate going into the season.

The Buckeyes have 3 other very highly recruited White QBs in Devin Brown, Lincoln Kienholz and Julian Sayin. Sayin is probably the QB of the future and transferred over from Alabama after Saban retired. Hopefully Brown and Kienholz transfer out and land at other power 5 programs after the season rather than waste eligibility.

Players to look out for are WR David Adolph, TE Will Kacmarek, DE Caden Curry, LB Garrett Stover, LB Payton Pierce, LB Gabe Powers

Offense
QB Will Howard
C Seth McLaughlin
RG Carson Hinzman
RT Josh Fryar

Defense
DE Jack Sawyer

Last edited:

Phall

Master
Thanks for the writeup.

One quibble: I'm under the impression that McLaughlin and Hinzman are competing for the same starting spot at center. Neither was great last year; the thought was that the Buckeyes would kick McLaughlin out to guard after his snapping issues last year with Alabama (especially against Michigan), but apparently they have an African slated for RG at the moment. Tackles Zen Michalski and George Fitzpatrick and guards Austin Siereveld and Luke Montgomery would make a full "snowplow" unit on the second-string.

True freshman Payton Pierce has earned some camp praise from LB coach James Laurinaitis. It's interesting to notice that despite sharing the same regional footprint as Michigan, Ohio State's tight end and offensive lineman groups are always blacker, but the Buckeyes also seem to have a few white linebackers closer to playing time. Bad year for both schools with just one white defensive starter and three (or two) white o-lineman starters each.

Phall

Master
Apparently, Lincoln Kienholz is the #4 man in the QB room as a redshirt freshman (surpassed already by true freshman Julian Sayin).

Like Brown before him, Kienholz did not pick Ohio State first during the recruiting process.

Holding offers from programs such as Washington State and Pittsburgh, Kienholz was offered by Washington in April 2022. He committed to the Huskies in June.

Kienholz had an official visit at Ohio State during the Buckeyes' 45-23 loss to Michigan in 2022, and received an offer from the Buckeyes a week later. Kienholz flipped his commitment from Washington to Ohio State Dec. 14 before signing with the Buckeyes Dec. 21.

Per 247Sports' composite rankings, Kienholz was a four-star athlete and the No. 190 player in the 2023 class. He was the 15th-ranked quarterback in the country behind players like Arch Manning (Texas), Dante Moore (UCLA), Austin Novosad (Oregon) and Dylan Lonergan (Alabama).

He would likely be the first guy to fly for greener pastures if the depth chart holds. The current state of NIL (free-for-all) money plus freedom in transfer eligibility (another free-for-all) makes the QB market particularly impossible to predict. If you are ever feeling black-pilled about the volatility of current Gen-X/Y/Z marriages, compare those divorce rates to the graduation rates of D1 quarterbacks - you will believe that all those relationships are destiny!

Before taking his first snap at Ohio State, Kienholz became an underwear model.

The 2023 four-star South Dakota quarterback teamed up with apparel company Tommy John after committing and signing with the Buckeyes in December.

Maybe if football doesn't work out for this guy as a career path, he could try out his talents in Hollywood, if you catch my drift! Ha ha!!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Apparently, Lincoln Kienholz is the #4 man in the QB room as a redshirt freshman (surpassed already by true freshman Julian Sayin).

He would likely be the first guy to fly for greener pastures if the depth chart holds. The current state of NIL (free-for-all) money plus freedom in transfer eligibility (another free-for-all) makes the QB market particularly impossible to predict. If you are ever feeling black-pilled about the volatility of current Gen-X/Y/Z marriages, compare those divorce rates to the graduation rates of D1 quarterbacks - you will believe that all those relationships are destiny!

Maybe if football doesn't work out for this guy as a career path, he could try out his talents in Hollywood, if you catch my drift! Ha ha!!
LOL.

It does seem that he would have options (hopefully on the field). Seems like Devin Brown would as well. Ryan Day's all the sudden recruiting of White QBs is certainly a departure from the awful Urban Meyer era in which he decimated the demographic make up of the roster. Day isn't much better with overall roster composition (a far cry from the Tressel era) but his willingness to actually recruit and play White QBs (for the time being) is a stark contrast to that of Urban Meyer. The way Kyle McCord was handled through the season last year was not ideal though despite McCord being 11-1 as the starter. It seems that Day is on the hotseat at least with Buckeye fans (which is one of the most odious dwf/negro worshipping fanbases outside the SEC).

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The precipitous drop must’ve coincided with meyer’s tenure

Yep. Around 2012 is when we really started to notice the drop in many teams from high single/low double digit starters. Urban Meyer and the RPO scheme that now encompasses most of college football is to blame. The overrecruiting of the south, California and Texas has had a major poor impact on the quality and diversity (ironic) of college football. All teams seem to run the same offensive scheme aka basketball on grass. All the while with more of the "worlds best athletes" littering rosters throughout the country the parity does not exist that it did going back to 2006. The SEC receives an undue amount of hype, the RPO scheme becomes the media favorite and all over teams decide to follow that model and recruit blacks that aren't good but they are black and from Florida.

In my opinion the three coaches most responsible for football turning into basketball on grass and making the sport even darker are:
Urban Meyer
Chip Kelly (ironically enough considering he is the current offensive coordinator and assembled the 2013 Eagles)
Rich Rodriguez

Last edited:

jphoss

Mentor
Looking back on it OSU’s no-show in the 2006 championship vs florida had terrible consequences. The “sec athlete” hype went into overdrive, meyer got his first title and allowed the blueprint for this spread scheme that’s become so pervasive. Chip Kelly is ironic bc I doubt his record setting new hampshire teams were caste and he did shape the 2013 eagles and didn’t boot riley cooper off the team. I wonder if he will reinvent himself again and come out with a more old school offense now that everyone copied his

Phall

Master
Looking back on it OSU’s no-show in the 2006 championship vs florida had terrible consequences. The “sec athlete” hype went into overdrive, meyer got his first title and allowed the blueprint for this spread scheme that’s become so pervasive. Chip Kelly is ironic bc I doubt his record setting new hampshire teams were caste and he did shape the 2013 eagles and didn’t boot riley cooper off the team. I wonder if he will reinvent himself again and come out with a more old school offense now that everyone copied his
There is apparently a lot of reference from the 2006 Ohio State vs Michigan game to Tyler Decker, an otherwise nondescript tight end. Did he catch the last TD that made the score 42-37 instead of 42-30? Don't remember. Allegedly, there was some play during the end of that game where he could have but neglected to pitch to teammate Steve Breaston during a free-for-all.

Anyway, Michigan losing by 3 points on the road was a lot better as a rematch than them losing by 10 on the road, even though that game was bloodthirsty.

I remember those good ol' days well... a mouthy bitch bit off more than she could chew against me and I bowled her over in a very quick shoulder-to-shoulder sumo bout at 4pm in a Manhattan bar. You might think that this sounds insane, and it is. My boss's girlfriend (a dumb bimbo in her own right) stood over that bitch and went "BOOM!" I did get kicked immediately, and my boss left after paying our huge tab (he didn't go to either school). Personally, I don't regret it at all and also don't remember it very well. I'm sure I could have put a bit more OOMPFH into it.

jphoss

Mentor
There is apparently a lot of reference from the 2006 Ohio State vs Michigan game to Tyler Decker, an otherwise nondescript tight end. Did he catch the last TD that made the score 42-37 instead of 42-30? Don't remember. Allegedly, there was some play during the end of that game where he could have but neglected to pitch to teammate Steve Breaston during a free-for-all.

Anyway, Michigan losing by 3 points on the road was a lot better as a rematch than them losing by 10 on the road, even though that game was bloodthirsty.

I remember those good ol' days well... a mouthy bitch bit off more than she could chew against me and I bowled her over in a very quick shoulder-to-shoulder sumo bout at 4pm in a Manhattan bar. You might think that this sounds insane, and it is. My boss's girlfriend (a dumb bimbo in her own right) stood over that bitch and went "BOOM!" I did get kicked immediately, and my boss left after paying our huge tab (he didn't go to either school). Personally, I don't regret it at all and also don't remember it very well. I'm sure I could have put a bit more OOMPFH into it.
Yeah osu was up 10 with 4 minutes left, I remember coming away from that game thinking they were clearly the better team and was fully anticipating them handling florida by 14-17 points, clearly I was wrong!