2024 NFL Week 3

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Welcome to week 3 in the League. The opening matchup between the Jets and Patriots is only of real interest to people living in The City as Aaron Rodgers plays in the home opener for the Jets. Like most games I only have a rooting interest in the few white players allowed on the field for these two teams. Hoping to see Aaron have a big game in front of the Jet DWFs.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Yea not much in this one to look for. Rodgers of course but then hoping TEs Conklin and Henry have big games for each team. Defense is just a total blackout.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Hoping Rodgers shakes the rust and goes north of 200 and throws a couple TDs. He could use a sure handed Slot WR in Renfrow! But it seems Hunter has been caste away.

Also hoping McGregor somehow gets some PT for Jets coal D.

Aaron looking sharp. Wish there was more on this team to root for but Rodgers alone makes NYJ more palatable than the Ravens, Browns, Dolphins, and some of the other AFC contenders. The success of Rodgers in his 40s would be a direct affront to the quota push among younger QBs.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Aaron looking sharp. Wish there was more on this team to root for but Rodgers alone makes NYJ more palatable than the Ravens, Browns, Dolphins, and some of the other AFC contenders. The success of Rodgers in his 40s would be a direct affront to the quota push among younger QBs.

Agree. He’s hit Conklin and Ruckert twice so far as well.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Drake Maye debuting with four minutes left in the game.
I didn't stay up to watch the end of the game, but it looks like he did ok driving the Pats down to the Jets 7 yard line. Coach Mayo opted to let the clock run out since it was a blowout rather than give Maye another chance to either score or be pummelled behind the Patriots' sorry offensive line.

Brissett managed a whopping 98 yards passing in this one. He's not starting QB material, but like others have said, I'd rather he take the beating this season while Maye learns.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I found it funny Kraft tabbed Mayo as his DEI coach hire of the future, he even took him on a trip to Israel last summer, lol. Rabbi Al mentioned it in waning moments of the game, er butt whooping.

It’s looking more and more like Brady was the engine to those Patriots Dynasties. Is it even really a question anymore!?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I didn't stay up to watch the end of the game, but it looks like he did ok driving the Pats down to the Jets 7 yard line. Coach Mayo opted to let the clock run out since it was a blowout rather than give Maye another chance to either score or be pummelled behind the Patriots' sorry offensive line.

Brissett managed a whopping 98 yards passing in this one. He's not starting QB material, but like others have said, I'd rather he take the beating this season while Maye learns.
I totally agree. Pats are an awful team. Let Brisset take all the lumps while Maye sits back and learns. Would be nice if the Pats drafted LSU LT Will Campbell next year. Alt has been a real tone setter already on the Chargers OL.