2024 MLB Playoffs

They also hit the most postseason HRs of any team, including out homering their opponent in every round of the playoffs. Same with slugging % and OPS. The D-backs over the Phillies was a strange series where virtually every offensive metric went to Philly (the D-backs only narrowly had a higher BA) and still lost.

My point is, no contending team is manufacturing runs with speed, bunts and singles anymore. The Royals from a few years back were a rare exception along with last year's D backs. Contact helps but the long ball is king.
and my point is that your chances of winning a world series go down dramatically with a high strikeout rate, Texas had power but did not strikeout at a alarming rate along with the Giants.

and my point is that your chances of winning a world series go down dramatically with a high strikeout rate, Texas had power but did not strikeout at a alarming rate along with the Giants.
I'm specifically arguing with the idea that "the teams that make a run have contact hitters that can manufacture runs with speed, bunts, walks, doubles, etc are the most dangerous." There is nothing to support this statement.

As far as strikeouts, yes they are generally bad but not as bad as failing to hit for power. The Rangers and Dbacks struck out more than their opponents in the CS and still won. The Twins led the league in strikeouts and won their division.

I'm not trying to debate you on how the game ought to be played, I hate 3TO and have moved away from baseball because of it. Obviously it's better to not strike out, but statistical shows that power stats correlate to winning far more than low strikeout rates or high contact rates. Its not particularly close.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I'm sure a statistician at some point determined that '3 outcome' baseball was the winning strategy but I absolutely hate it. We need more hitters like wade boggs, tony gwynn, mark grace, Actual good hitters. Not just swing for the fences and hope to get lucky 30 times / year.
AGREED! I would throw Rose and Chipper Jones in there as well. Both career .300 hitters. Jones with the rare .300/.400/.500 career slash line.
Another great hitter we miss is George Brett another career .300 hitter and the only MLB player in history to win 3 batting titles in 3 different decades.
That's what made Trout special early on. He hit HR's, but also hit for average. What could've been. His shortened career is gonna hurt for a long time

Snow Plow

Mentor
Carpenter pinch hits and hits a long RBi single. He is playing with a pulled hamstring and they are keeping him in for his bat.

Tigers 1-0 in the 5th with Skubal mowing them down.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Wow, Skubal hits Ramirez to give up the tying run and then Lane Thomas hits a grand slam. 5-1 Cleveland. Great season from Skubal, but not sure the Tigers have enough bats to come back.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Let's go Dodgers. Starting 6-7 white players including Ohtani. Flaherty the starting pitcher tonight mowing down the first 3 Mets batters.

It’s great for Flaherty as the Tigers traded him at the deadline, basically giving up.
Flaherty is a POS. Most half-breeds like obama hate their white ancestry with an intense passion, despite white civilization literally giving them everything that they have.

On Wednesday, Flaherty spoke about how few Black players there are in MLB
https://www.mlb.com/news/jack-flaherty-on-black-lives-matter-racial-injustice

Asked if he thought a baseball player would kneel for the anthem when games start later this month, Flaherty said, “absolutely.” Also, when asked if he plans to do something to promote Black Lives Matter on the field, Flaherty said, “Something is in the works.”

Regardless, how fans feel, Jack Flaherty isn’t likely to back down. As a mixed-race athlete, this issue affects him personally. In fact, Flaherty says he is not trying to make a political statement. For him it’s not a “political thing” it’s a “human rights thing.”

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Flaherty is a POS. Most half-breeds like obama hate their white ancestry with an intense passion, despite white civilization literally giving them everything that they have.

On Wednesday, Flaherty spoke about how few Black players there are in MLB
https://www.mlb.com/news/jack-flaherty-on-black-lives-matter-racial-injustice

Asked if he thought a baseball player would kneel for the anthem when games start later this month, Flaherty said, “absolutely.” Also, when asked if he plans to do something to promote Black Lives Matter on the field, Flaherty said, “Something is in the works.”

Regardless, how fans feel, Jack Flaherty isn’t likely to back down. As a mixed-race athlete, this issue affects him personally. In fact, Flaherty says he is not trying to make a political statement. For him it’s not a “political thing” it’s a “human rights thing.”

You know, I never realized Flaherty was a mulatto (octaroon?). I remember these comments back during the BLM nonsense and just thought he was a cucky White. In photos that I had always seen of him with a baseball cap, I never put two and two together. Guess that explains him a bit better….

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
You know, I never realized Flaherty was a mulatto (octaroon?). I remember these comments back during the BLM nonsense and just thought he was a cucky White. In photos that I had always seen of him with a baseball cap, I never put two and two together. Guess that explains him a bit better….
Well, D@#%! I had no idea either! Thanks, KS5000.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
All of that POS-ing about Flaherty aside (I don't disagree), the Dodgers have now rung up 33 consecutive postseason scoreless innings. This ties the record set by the Baltimore Orioles way back in 1966. Three consecutive shutouts is also a record-tying feat matching those same Orioles and the 1905 NY Giants.

Gator Dad

Guru
Mulattoes are usually much more anti-White than full-blooded blacks. Mulattoes feel like they have something to prove, that they need "street cred" to show how "authentically black" they are. Obama had this trait in spades. And they typically seem to think the best way to gain this street cred is by bashing whitey as viciously and hatefully as possible.

Most of this virtue signaling isn't even for his fellow blacks. Blacks are mostly just interested in getting free gibs from the taxpayer. The "hate whitey" stuff is mostly for the true power, the true enemy in this country, the far-left antifa scum. Pretty much everything in this vile society is made to suck their tiny ****s.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Looks like the Mets are bouncing back. They have 6-0 lead in game 2. It's early, top of the third, but the Dodgers will have to make quite a comeback to take game 2.