2024 MLB Playoffs

icsept

Master
Watching the surprising Detroit Tigers. They field a 8/9 White batting lineup. Tarik Skubal is their ace pitcher and likely AL Cy Young award winner. With the Orioles faltering, the Tigers are an interesting team to watch. Hopefully they eliminate the Astros. But I don’t see them doing any further.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Watching the surprising Detroit Tigers. They field a 8/9 White batting lineup. Tarik Skubal is their ace pitcher and likely AL Cy Young award winner. With the Orioles faltering, the Tigers are an interesting team to watch. Hopefully they eliminate the Astros. But I don’t see them doing any further.
The Tigers have been on an absolute tear the last month of the season. I think they can go toe-to-toe with any team in the American League.

Snow Plow

Mentor
The Tigers used 8 of 9 against the right hander they faced and 5 of 9 against the left hander so far in the playoffs. The strength of the team is Skubal, like you mention, and the other 11 lunch pail warriors. Most games they use a bullpen approach all game. Today, they used 7 pitchers, with only future star Jackson Jobe giving up runs.

I have to say it’s much nice to look at a roster like this than most NFL ones.

PITCHERS (12): Beau Brieske, Jason Foley, Sean Guenther, Brenan Hanifee, Tyler Holton, Brant Hurter, Jackson Jobe, Ty Madden, Casey Mize, Reese Olson, Tarik Skubal, Will Vest

POSITION PLAYERS (14): Kerry Carpenter, Dillon Dingler, Riley Greene, Andy Ibáñez, Jace Jung, Colt Keith, Justyn-Henry Malloy, Zach McKinstry, Parker Meadows, Wenceel Pérez, Jake Rogers, Trey Sweeney, Spencer Torkelson, Matt Vierling