2024 Indoor Season

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Can only find video on instagram right now. Maybe elsewhere in a day or two.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Samuele Ceccarelli will be running in Paris, France on Feb. 11th. Not sure if he will have any races before that. Big year to see if he
can get that first sub 10 under his belt later this summer.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

white lightning

Hall of Famer
thank you, sir. he was flying! there looked to be a couple more overachievers in that race, too …

I would like to see Coby Hilton running more indoor 200's. If he has any chance of ever getting his 100 meters times closer to
10 seconds, he has to improve his speed endurance. HIs start and drive phase is almost perfect. Work on the latter half ot the
race for the outdoor season.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Here's the race; Faust looked good.
thanks for sharing this.

i liked how the two White athletes congratulated each other after the race. the two Upside Americans looked stunned and confused after being soundly spanked by the overachieving pair.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Entry Lists: Sparkassen Indoor Meeting Dortmund 2024​

Entry Lists for the 2024 Sparkassen Indoor Meeting Dortmund:
Event Date:
Saturday, January 20
Category: World Athletics Indoor Tour - Bronze
60m Men
- Aleksandar Askovic (LG Stadtwerke Munich)
- Samuele Ceccarelli (Italy)
- Ojie Edoburun (Great Britain)
- Niklas Görigk (Aachener TG)
- Lennart Hartenberg (TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen)
- Joshua Hartmann (ASV Cologne)
- Luka Herden (LG Brillux Münster)
- Aleksa Kijanovic (Serbia)
- Henrik Larsson (Sweden)
- Ward Merckx (Belgium)
- Chidiera Onuoha (ASV Köln)
- Keitharo Oosterwolde (Netherlands)
- Ertan Özkan (Turkey)
- Marvin Schulte (SC DHfK Leipzig)
- Joris van Gool (Netherlands)
- Kobe Vleminckx (Belgium)

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Will be interesting to see how Ceccarelli and Larsson perform . . . and if anybody else emerges from the pack.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Will be interesting to see how Ceccarelli and Larsson perform . . . and if anybody else emerges from the pack.

Congrats on hitting 4000 posts brother! Nice job. I won't expect too much from Ceccarelli and Larsson being that it's
outdoors what really matters. The European Championships first and then the 2024 Paris Olympics. I expect a slower indoor
season as most sprinters won't want to peak too soon but save it for the summer time. We shall see though. We need more
of our guys to break that 10 second barrier as the 1st sub 10 is always the hardest to achieve.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Wow....I had no idea that I had that many posts!
Thanks for letting me know, and thanks for the congratulations.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A new name of a teenage sensational sprinter from Lithuanaia. 18 year old Adas Dambrauskas just ran a 6.64 in the 60 meters. He won't
turn 19 until June so I would say he is ahead of schedule with his speed. Especially so early in the indoor season. This should bode well
for his 100 meter times outdoors this summer. It's been a while since LIthuania had a quality sprinter. Great to see but we need to be patient
as he is so young. Maybe he can be the Lithuaninan Marek Zakrzewski.

freedom1

Mentor
Wow!!, that ties the 6.64 Rytis Sakalauskas ran in 2012. Rytis has a PB of 10.14 (-0.2) in the 100 meters (Lithuanian record) which he ran in 2011. Anyone know the world record 60 meters for an 18-year-old? Adas, must be close to it. Prodigy is a good word for this kid.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A blast from the past. In Slovenia today Richard Kilty who is 34 years of age won his heat today in a time of 6.72. He later in the finals
finished in 3rd place in a time of 6.65! This old man does not run like most guys in their mid 30's. Great to see him competing!

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Trey Cunningham off to a great start for the season - a WL time of 7.47 in the 60m Hurdles.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Italian Hurdler Lorenzo Simonelli ran a 6.59 in the 60 meters today. The kid is only 21 so if hurdles doesn't work out he can
switch to fulltime sprints. He has a wind legal time in the 100 of 10.25 but he mostly does the hurdles.

mastermulti

Master
A blast from the past. In Slovenia today Richard Kilty who is 34 years of age won his heat today in a time of 6.72. He later in the finals
finished in 3rd place in a time of 6.65! This old man does not run like most guys in their mid 30's. Great to see him competing!
with his wife still competing hopefully it's a case of the family that plays together stays together

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Marek Zakrzewski sets a Euro U20 record in the 200m, 20.80.

This young man is the most exciting young prospect we have had in European Sprinting since Lemaitre and Guliyev. He is still a long ways
from their levels on the 200 meters but is getting closer in the 100 meters. He won't be 19 until December so he is right on schedule. Poland
has found a very special sprinter that will do things similar to Ewa Swoboda in the female sprints. What makes Marek Z. even more special is that we have very few sprinters that excel over both the 100 and 200 meters. I hope he continues both events like Filippo Tortu should have!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Partriza Van Der Weken of Luxembourg won the 60m in front of a hometown crowd, in a PB and NR of 7.09.
Blazing time!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Partriza Van Der Weken of Luxembourg won the 60m in front of a hometown crowd, in a PB and NR of 7.09.
Blazing time!

That is flying! What an early season time. In womens sprinting I think of a sub 7.10 similar to how a sub 6.50 time is in mens. If she can
get down to a sub 7.00 like Swoboda then you will see some incredible times this summer for Partriza Van Der Weken.

mastermulti

Master
Larsson DQ'd after winning the final in 6.55 - he'd been given the benefit of the doubt to run after allegedly breaking at the first start.
Still, he did just run a 6.55 - and early in the season. This gave a fairly lacklustre Ceccarelli a 3rd place

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I watched the race live online. Larsson had an egregious false start. I was surprised they let him run after that.
But I am glad that he did because he ran a great time!