2024 European Championships

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The 2024 European Championships starts on June 7th and goes till the 12th. Any predictions guys?

I'm kind of sad that more men didn't enter the 100 meters. The men start with 3 semi finals. The women will have the heats first!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
there are 37 entrants. How can they fit into 3 semi finals?

Your right. I was tired and missed it. The mens 100 meter heats are very late in day 1 on Friday. My bad. Sorry about that. I'm glad as
I enjoy watching the heats of the mens and womens 100 meters so much. I like most of the events but the 100 is just amazing to fans!

white lightning

Hall of Famer

european-athletics-champiosnhips-2024-entry-lists%20(1)__800x552.jpg

mastermulti

Master
Your right. I was tired and missed it. The mens 100 meter heats are very late in day 1 on Friday. My bad. Sorry about that. I'm glad as
I enjoy watching the heats of the mens and womens 100 meters so much. I like most of the events but the 100 is just amazing to fans!
i'm just glad to see you're not disappointed now :thumbsup:

sprintstar

Master
I hopes are that Bol does well in the Euro Championships, comes out if with no injuries/niggles etc...
I truly hope Swoboda goes top 3 and sub 11 as does Amy Hunt but she is a longshot. Duplantis I hope does well but I can't stand his demeanor....
I think Ingebritsen has been outed as beatable and I hope it does not go to his head and mess his confidence up.

I hope all our white athletes shine at the Euros and especially Kilty in the relay and Keeley H in the 800m.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
SImon Ehammer who does both the Decathalon and the Long Jump led all participants today in the Long Jump Qualification. He jumped
a world leading 8.41 into a -0.6 wind. Wow that is some strength and athletecism! M. Tentoglou qualified with a jump of 8.14!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Mens 100 Opening 3 Heats was today. Most of our guys got through. I do feel bad for Marek Zakrzewski who missed making the
next round by 1/100th of a second. At least he is 19 but I has hoping he would at least get out of the first round. On the bright side his
teammate Oliwer Widowik was one of the top qualifiers. M. Melluzzo continues to shine and could be following in Filippo Tortu's footsteps. Time will tell. G. Crespi of Spain looked good too along with others.

The next round will get things really heated up!

sprintstar

Master
It seems if you live outside Europe you need to watch the championships on Eurovision which wants you to sign into an account with them, any one here have an account with them? Anyone have a different link to watch the Championships? Thanks in advance...

manto

It seems if you live outside Europe you need to watch the championships on Eurovision which wants you to sign into an account with them, any one here have an account with them? Anyone have a different link to watch the Championships? Thanks in advance...
Guess because of poor viewership the US media doesn't follow track and Field too much outside of the Olympics and it's impossible to watch FIS cross country skiing.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Lamont Marcel Jacobs wins the gold again. Quite a career he has had even though I'm not a fan of his. Congrats to him. Why was
Chituru Ali not disqualified when in the other races they took away the result? He won the silver and if he was disqualified like he
should have been in my opinion, Larsson would have got the bronze medal. Oh well it is what it is.

freedom1

Mentor
I see Tentoglou went 8.65 (28'-38") into a -0.3 wind in the long jump.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I see Tentoglou went 8.65 (28'-38") into a -0.3 wind in the long jump.
Yes M. Tentoglou took the gold medal with Simon Ehammer with the bronze medal. It's sad that all the jumpers had to deal with negative winds. I still think on the right day that Tentoglou can challenge the world record! Maybe in Paris if the conditions are right and he stays
healthy. Would love to see it.

In the mens 100 at least we saw both Simon Hansen and Guillem Crespi break their personal best records in the 100 meters. I think that
the spaniard G.Crespi has alot of upside. He broke his p.b. twice this weekend and his indoor 60 p.b. is only a 6.70! Then add in that he
is 22 years of age. Alot more there in the future.

I feel bad for Henrik Larsson. I think all the false starts messed with his head alot. He had bad starts in the semi finals and finals. With a better
start he would be in the sub 10.10 range and would have medaled. So close it has to hurt so bad!

freedom1

Mentor
I'm hoping that Tentoglou gets a just under +2.0 wind behind him at the Olympics. He is such a whispy little guy. I think he has a 29-footer in him.

freedom1

Mentor
I see Ramil Guliyev is still running. He got 2nd in his 200 heat today at 20.66

freedom1

Mentor
I'm really happy about this Hinclife guy beating all the brothers in the 100. A short, half white, half Asian golfer certainly is a caste buster :smash2:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Todays European Championships is red hot. So many great performaces so far.

In the womens 100 meters semifinals we had 4 ladies making it to the finals. Congrats to Patrizia Van Der Weken with a new p.b. of 11.00!
Swoboda, Luckenkemper and Hunt all join her in the finals.

In mens 200 meters Filippo Tortu looks like he has found that extra gear again. He was the fastest of all sprinters in the 200 semifinals
running a blazing time of 20.14!

In the mens 400 we have alot of our guys looking great with Charlie Dobson leading the way. Jacknyc will be very happy! Would love
to see Dobson and Doom take the gold and silver in the finals.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Patrizia Van Der Weken mised the bronze medal by an eye lash. I'm so sad for her as it would have been the first medal ever in the European Championships for Luxembourg. So close she could taste the medal stand. Happy Ewa Swoboda brought up the silver medal. It was so tight between 1st and 5th place.