2024 Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The 2024 Falcons begin season with a new head coach. Raheem Morris will guide Atlanta and try to improve on their 2023, 7-10 record. Although Atlanta hasn't been white friendly, they do look to improve the number of white starters in 2024 by signing QB Kirk Cousins.
On defense, the Falcons look to start LB's Nate Landman and Kaden Ellis. Interestingly, the back ups are white as well. Troy Andersen and JD Bertrand.
Number of white starters rise from 5-6 to 7.
Total number of white players on the 53 man roster-15. Grade C-

QB-Kirk Cousins
LT-Jake Matthews
C- Drew Dalman,
Ryan Neuzil
RG-Chris Lindstrom
RT-Kaleb McGary

TE-Charlie Woerner, Ross Dwelley

LB-Nate Landman, Troy Andersen
LB-Kaden Elliss, JD Bertrand

P-Bradley Pinion
LS-Liam McCullough

The Falcons get a little more tolerable to watch by aquiring QB Kirk Cousins, however there are still no other skill positions held by any white players. They do have two white TE's, Woerner and Dwelley, but they are on the second and third teams.

On defense Atlanta moves LB Nate Landman into the starting position and Troy Andersen going back to number 2 as I believe he started last season alongside Kaden Elliss. Giving Atlanta 2 white starters on defense. Not that great, but better than many teams where the entire defense is black.

Atlanta could be a team to track regularly if they had a starting white TE and another defensive starter or two.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
By Falcons standards, they have a fair amount of white starters. But I don't really have much faith in Atlanta moving forward with Raheem in charge.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
By Falcons standards, they have a fair amount of white starters. But I don't really have much faith in Atlanta moving forward with Raheem in charge.

Black GM and also Arthur Blank at the helm. Overdrafted and overaged, overrated black quarterback while signing Cousins as well. I don't see this ending well. Another team following the "Any Given Sunday" script that seems to be handed out by the NFL to all front offices these days.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Just to nitpick a tiny bit, Troy Andersen started last year and was playing very well until suffering a pec injury in Week 5 that ended his season. Landman replaced him and "unexpectedly" played very well. I'd describe them as co-starters but Andersen was drafted in the second round and is as athletic as any linebacker ever tested while Landman was undrafted, which gives Troy the advantage as he gets back to speed.

The Falcons website lists Andersen as the starter while OurLads has Landman. In Week One Landman played 54% of snaps while Andersen played 46%, slight advantage to Landman but that may change as the season goes along.