2023 Tennessee Titans

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Titans are once again a forgettable Caste squad that are often so boring that I forget they exist. Will this year's version be a small improvement from last? Let's find out:

Number of White Starters: 4
Number of White players on 53 man roster: 14
Grade: F

QB: Ryan Tannehill, Will Levis
G: Peter Skoronski, Daniel Brunskill, Dillon Radunz
C: Corey Levin
WR: Mason Kinsey
TE: Josh Whyle

ILB: Jack Gibbens, Luke Gifford, Chance Campbell

P: Ryan Stonehouse
PK: Nick Folk
LS: Morgan Cox

Injured Reserve: Kyle Philips (WR)
Practice squad: Kevin Rader (TE), Andrew Rupcich (T), Thomas Rush (OLB), Cade York (K)

Well they are remarkably similar to last year with 4 White starters and roughly the same overall Whites, despite a good amount of turnover. One consistent is Ryan Tannehill, who enters his 5th season as Titan's starter. He's got a 37-20 record with the team and should do well again, even though his best days are behind him. Last year the team drafted media hyped Malik Willis, to be the heir apparent. Willis was so terrible in 3 starts that they drafted Will Levis this year. Levis is the opposite of Willis, in that the media did everything possible to tank his stock instead of build it up. The 1st round talent could be a steal for Tennessee, but for this year he starts as 3rd string.

Kyle Philips has excelled in training camp each of his 2 season but has been struck by the injury bug so far in his NFL career. A rare White receiver who is actually drafted, Philips needs to get healthy this year otherwise it will be easy for him to be caste aside. A surprise roster addition (at least to me) is fellow WR Mason Kinsey. Kinsey is more of a "traditional NFL White receiver". Undrafted and from a small college (Berry College?), Kinsey has persevered through a number of years of practice squads to finally stick! I imagine he's a WSTD only, despite putting up very good stats in preseason games. I hope he can keep his spot when Philips returns.

The offensive line, which was usually three-fifths or four-fifths White for many years, went coal last year but bumps up from 1 to 2. Long time pro bowler Taylor Lewan sadly had to retire due to injury (he's filed a medical malpractice lawsuit for a "bad" ACL surgery). In steps 1st rounder Peter Skoronski from Northwestern. A tackle by trade, I guess this year he's serving a racial apprenticeship at LG. Hopefully he emerges into another great and starts playing his natural position sooner than later. Brunskill, the other starting guard comes over from the 49ers.

On defense, the Titans haven't had a starting White player in many years. This would lead many, including myself, to consider HC Mike Vrabel a huge race traitor, who's especially bad since as a former athlete he should know how hard our people have to fight just to make it. Well this year the streak ends, as Jack Gibbens has secured a starting spot at ILB. The former UDFA (of course!) out of Minnesota kicked around the teams PS last year and has ascended quickly! I expect him to be a consistent tackler, as nearly every White linebacker who's given a chance turns out to be. He's backed up by 2 more White linebackers. I wonder if Vrabel is feeling ok? On the PS, lurks Thomas Rush, who's another fine player from University of Minnesota.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The "common wisdom" has been that the Malik Willis leapfrogged over Will Levis in training camp, but now that they're playing the real games it may be a different story as Willis once again looked terrible when he relieved the injured Ryan Tannehill in Week 6:

Titans Coach Mike Vrabel Calls Rookie QB Will Levis a 'More Comfortable Player'​

Tennessee Titans rookie quarterback Will Levis has had an uneventful start to his NFL career, but now with Ryan Tannehill injured, Levis may get an opportunity to come out of the shadows. If he does, Mike Vrabel says you'll see a more comfortable player than the preseason.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The "common wisdom" has been that the Malik Willis leapfrogged over Will Levis in training camp, but now that they're playing the real games it may be a different story as Willis once again looked terrible when he relieved the injured Ryan Tannehill in Week 6:

Titans Coach Mike Vrabel Calls Rookie QB Will Levis a 'More Comfortable Player'​

Tennessee Titans rookie quarterback Will Levis has had an uneventful start to his NFL career, but now with Ryan Tannehill injured, Levis may get an opportunity to come out of the shadows. If he does, Mike Vrabel says you'll see a more comfortable player than the preseason.

So many of our young quarterbacks are in good situations to prove themselves. Let's hope Will Levis is ready for the challenge as it sounds
like Vrabel believes in his talent!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mike Vrabel continues to be a big disappointment, too cuckish to give second round draft pick Levis the start, instead continuing the competition between Will Levis and Willis that went on all summer and which Willis supposedly won despite again looking awful in relief of Tannehill in Week 6, just as he did last season when Tannehill was hurt.

Ryan Tannehill (ankle) did not practice Tuesday.
Tannehill, who was carted off with an ankle injury in Week 6 against Baltimore, would seem to be a long shot for Week 8 against the Falcons. Titans head coach Mike Vrabel said Malik Willis and Will Levis would each get snaps under center if Tannehill is sidelined. It’s shaping up to be quite a mess for fantasy purposes.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Mike Vrabel continues to be a big disappointment, too cuckish to give second round draft pick Levis the start, instead continuing the competition between Will Levis and Willis that went on all summer and which Willis supposedly won despite again looking awful in relief of Tannehill in Week 6, just as he did last season when Tannehill was hurt.

Ryan Tannehill (ankle) did not practice Tuesday.
Tannehill, who was carted off with an ankle injury in Week 6 against Baltimore, would seem to be a long shot for Week 8 against the Falcons. Titans head coach Mike Vrabel said Malik Willis and Will Levis would each get snaps under center if Tannehill is sidelined. It’s shaping up to be quite a mess for fantasy purposes.
I’d tend to agree. I Do like that they drafted Phillips, who has shown flashes but is injury prone as a pro. His production has also suffered fromTitans QBs, where it seems none of the three wanted to win the job lol.

I also like that Vrabel finally found himself a tackling machine in Jack Gibbens.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tennessee's annual crap o-line may retard Will Levis's development. Skoronski is complimented in the snippet below, which is notable as sumos are three of the other four starters. It's mind-boggling how year after year certain teams and coaches are incapable of putting together even an average offensive line, the Castetard Mike Vrabel certainly among them.

Since his Week 8 breakout with four touchdown passes against the Atlanta Falcons, the second-round draft choice has not thrown another. Levis has two interceptions in the last two weeks as a product of desperate comeback efforts in losses to the Pittsburgh Steelers and Tampa Bay. Out of context, one might think that the rookie has hit some sort of wall.

In reality, the wall is his offensive line unit. All that group has been capable of doing is collapsing on top of its quarterback to date.

Levis has been hit 32 times in three starts for the Titans. He was sacked four times by the Bucs, four more in Pittsburgh and twice by Atlanta. Tennessee trotted out benched left tackle Andre Dillard in Tampa, who quickly exited the game with a concussion. Reserve lineman Dillon Radunz started the game at right guard for the injured Daniel Brunskill, but then had to take his first snaps of the season at left tackle when Dillard did not return.

The only redeeming quality right now of the unit is first-round pick Peter Skoronski, who is currently in his first NFL season and is not enough alone to stop the bleeding.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...Z?cvid=b6fc796ec1e64a3293b6c4c551175491&ei=25

jphoss

Mentor
I remember when the eagles drafted dillard lol. He sucked then and sucks now. Maybe joe alt or another white lineman falls far enough for them to draft Vrabel saw how successful the snowplow was in ne but he’s another caste cuck so doubt he’ll change his ways