2023 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
2023 Bucs Preview

Out with the GOAT Tom Brady and in with enigmatic Baker Mayfield. AA coach Todd Bowles, who was gifted the job last year by cuck Bruce Anti-Arians, is most know for torpedoing fairly good Jets teams and recently Brady's last NFL season. Despite a week 1 win, I expect this team to flounder. Let's check out the roster composition:

Total White Athletes on Roster (Starters in bold)
16 Whites total, with 6 starters. Grade: D-

QB - Baker Mayfield, Kyle Trask
TE - Cade Otton, Ko Kieft, David Wells, Payne Durham
T - Luke Goedeke, Justin Skule
G - Matt Feiler, Cody Mauch
C - Robert Hainsey
DL - Greg Gaines
OLB - Anthony Nelson

K - Chase McLaughlin
P - Jake Camarda
LS - Zach Triner

IR - Ryan Jensen (OL)
PS - Luke Haggard (OL), Patrick Laird (RB), Ryan Miller (WR), Patrick O'Connor (DL), John Wolford (QB)

To succeed Tom Brady is an impossible task, but Baker Mayfield will try. After having some early success with the Browns, he was caste aside and has really struggled since. A short stint last year with the Rams was a positive step and now Baker has lead the Bucs to an early surprise win. Hopefully this season is his redemption and he gets his career back on track. If he falters, Kyle Trask will get the shot. He's another promising youngster who has good tools and played well enough in the preseason to earn the starting roll. Other guys to follow are TEs Otton and Kieft who provide some good pass catching options. The offensive line saw the biggest gains for our guys, going from 2 to 5 and forming a 4/5ths White line! Patrick Laird and Ryan Miller are on the practice squad and would be very interesting additions if they are called upon this season.

On defense, its slim pickings. I've always been extremely impressed with the physically imposing Anthony Nelson. At 6'-7" he can certainly be a menace rushing the passer. In fact, I would argue that he should be starting over the extremely nondescript Joe Tryon-Shoyinka. Last two seasons JTS, has had 4 sacks in each. Nelson on the other hand, had 5 and 5.5 respectively. In week 1 this year it was more of the same. Nelson had a sack in only 25 snaps while JTS had zero production in 39 snaps. Tyron-Shoyinka must just simply have much more "upside" than Nelson could ever dream of possessing. The only other defender is Greg Gaines, who started most games over the last 2 seasons with the Rams and was one of the more productive nose tackles in the league. Guess this year its new team and a new role. The bench for Whitey.

In summary, this is a very by the book Caste Squad (QB, OL & TE) with 6 starters but can be ignored most weeks.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Wow utter ******** to sign Gaines and not start him. Initially thought it a good landing spot for him during FA.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think Tyron-Shoyinka has been mentioned yet in our huge and ever growing Recent Busts thread, but there's no question he'll be listed there and soon. Ridiculous first round reach even for a league that specializes in them.

Doing a quick search on him yielded this article at the top of the page: https://www.joebucsfan.com/2023/04/joe-tryon-shoyinka-you-have-been-put-on-notice/ I recall reading an article last season that said he plain old looks like a soft pothead and I guess he does.

I still maintain that any open-minded person who spends a substantial amount of time looking at our Recent Busts thread has to realize that we know what we're talking about. Meanwhile, it's time for the 500th repeat on ESPN of their 25 year old busts show featuring Shuler, Mamula, Leaf, Mandarich & Co. and never updated since.

Here's the fierce warrior Tryon-Shoyinka:

1-Tryon Shoyinka.png

Bucky

Hall of Famer
You’re not lying when you say, it really is hard to track These Recent BUSTS! They keep on coming.