2023 Penn State Nittany Lions

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
James Franklin continues to make Penn State as non-White as possible. Since 2005 the number of White starters has been 8, 10, 9, 8, 12, 10, 8, 10, 9, 10, 8, 8, 8, 6, 8, 5, 2, and 4. As of now there are just 3 for the upcoming season.

Quarterback surprisingly remains White even after Sean Clifford moved on to the NFL. Drew Allar is a sophomore from Medina, OH, a five-star recruit who is physically imposing at 6'5" and 243 pounds. Allar played some as a freshman, going 35/60/344/4/0.

After Allar, there's little to be interested in. Hunter Nourzad starts at center while Landon Tengwall is the left guard. The rest of the two-deep at o-line is Black. Second stringer Tyler Warren is the only White TE going four deep.

Shockingly, Liam Clifford is listed as a second string WR. A redshirt sophomore, he had 8 receptions for 89 yards in 2022, so maybe he will eventually be "allowed" to see the field more. He's a three star recruit from Cincinnati.

The two-deep on defense has three overachievers, a bounty by Franklin's standards -- Jordan van den Berg at tackle and Tyler Elsdon and Dominic DeLuca at MLB and SLB respectively.

QB: Drew Allar
LG: Landon Tengwall
C: Hunter Nourzad

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Allar could be a big story in college football this season. He and Clifford are the only real reasons to be interested in this team.

Where are the White kids from the Pitt suburbs, Northwest, Central and Northeast PA?...unreal.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
And he’ll probably finish behind Day and Harbaugh as usual.

jphoss

Mentor
Utter trash this roster has become. I keep hearing how Franklin has upgraded the talent based on “recruiting” yet they never seem to be very good. A combination of overrated players and bad coaching most likely

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Utter trash this roster has become. I keep hearing how Franklin has upgraded the talent based on “recruiting” yet they never seem to be very good. A combination of overrated players and bad coaching most likely
The blacker this team has become the better recruiting classes baldy has landed. It makes sense of course, dat upside. Minus ******* still can’t win the big games in conference.

NikoDuke

Mentor
I always got the sense the instant that Paterno was gone this team was going to go 100% afflete..

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I always got the sense the instant that Paterno was gone this team was going to go 100% afflete..
Bill O’Brien actually showed a little promise during his short tenure at PSU. Franklin is one of the more overrated / protected coaches in the Big Ten. He’s good enough for 8/9 wins but not for national championships. His neglect of in state White athletes is infuriating.