2023 NBA Combine

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I figured I would start a short thread to shine a light on some of our guys at the 2023 NBA Combine. Here is a short article from espn.

Phall

Master
The NBA will implement a new rule change starting next year that any player invited to the combine that does not attend will be ineligible to be drafted. This is evidently a concession to owners (as opposed to the players' union) because many prospects were opting out, either by citing nebulous injuries or simply because of draft "guarantees" from specific franchises. The new rule forces them to show up, bringing the NBA event closer to the NFL's pageantry. Players will not have to scrimmage, but must interview and undergo medical exams.

I see this as another bottleneck for white players entering the league. Considering that only half of this year's record number of combine attendees can be drafted, there will be a lot of names rubber-stamped for consideration before a team takes a second-round "flier." Even if the number of white players drafted is not hypothetically affected, there will be differentiation on players prioritized for Summer League signings. Of the remaining playoff teams, Austin Reaves, Maxi Strus, Duncan Robinson, Luke Kornet, Sam Hauser, Cole Swider, Collin Gillespie, Jack White, and of course Mac McClung are all undrafted white players who have had to start their careers in the G-League, many getting there only after Summer League tryouts. Might any of them have been overlooked altogether if not "invited" to a mandatory combine beforehand?

It's not worth boiling over about, since this is a sports-entertainment product anyway, and the product the NBA is selling is NOT white athletic excellence. Where is former combine standout Joe Wieskamp these days?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The NBA will implement a new rule change starting next year that any player invited to the combine that does not attend will be ineligible to be drafted. This is evidently a concession to owners (as opposed to the players' union) because many prospects were opting out, either by citing nebulous injuries or simply because of draft "guarantees" from specific franchises. The new rule forces them to show up, bringing the NBA event closer to the NFL's pageantry. Players will not have to scrimmage, but must interview and undergo medical exams.

I see this as another bottleneck for white players entering the league. Considering that only half of this year's record number of combine attendees can be drafted, there will be a lot of names rubber-stamped for consideration before a team takes a second-round "flier." Even if the number of white players drafted is not hypothetically affected, there will be differentiation on players prioritized for Summer League signings. Of the remaining playoff teams, Austin Reaves, Maxi Strus, Duncan Robinson, Luke Kornet, Sam Hauser, Cole Swider, Collin Gillespie, Jack White, and of course Mac McClung are all undrafted white players who have had to start their careers in the G-League, many getting there only after Summer League tryouts. Might any of them have been overlooked altogether if not "invited" to a mandatory combine beforehand?

It's not worth boiling over about, since this is a sports-entertainment product anyway, and the product the NBA is selling is NOT white athletic excellence. Where is former combine standout Joe Wieskamp these days?

The last I heard on Joe Wieskamp was that he signed a 2 year deal with Toronton only to be stuck in the NBA G League the majority of the
season. Some things never change. All the sports leagues hate the most athletic white guys with a hatred that is unhuman. They do anything
to mock, shame and hide them or to get rid of them if at all possible. We can't have people see high flying white guys can we?

El Gringo

Mentor

Looks like Grady dick is our top prospect. Not too excited about it. He’ll probably get the Christian Braun treatment It’s not that I’m not high on Dick It’s just that he’s exact type of player to get drafted fairly high, and then ride the pine for several years before disappearing then he’ll always be remembered as a bust, despite only getting 12 to 15 minutes a game to show off his talents.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Looks like Grady dick is our top prospect. Not too excited about it. He’ll probably get the Christian Braun treatment It’s not that I’m not high on Dick It’s just that he’s exact type of player to get drafted fairly high, and then ride the pine for several years before disappearing then he’ll always be remembered as a bust, despite only getting 12 to 15 minutes a game to show off his talents.

Even though the situation appears hopeless year after year in both basketball & football we have see some mini victories. We are seeing a
a slight increase in teams looking at white amerrican born players finally. I know it needs to increase alot more but for decades many would
never get drafted after the 80's to 90's. with guys like Tyler Herro and Corey Kispert showing that you can become starters in the league
early on in your career. Then add in Mac McClung who despite still being screwed over went and won the NBA Slam Dunk Contest. Could
there be a few cracks in the dam? Let's hope so as we are seeing more and more white guys with 35 to 40 inch verticals that can flat out
play ball at a high level. It's getting harder fo the league to hide and ignore these kids.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Pac 12's Leading Scorer and Rebounder is at the NBA Combine looking to make some noise. Tubelis is very athletic and fast!

iu

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The 2023 NBA Draft Lottery is complete. The Utah Jazz have the 9th pick and the Mavs have the 10th pick. Hope they both get
someone really good. I would love to see Gradey Dick on either of these teams and it is possible now! Let's hope it happens! In
additon to that we have Washington, Orlando and OKC all in the top 12!

Phall

Master
The 2023 NBA Draft Lottery is complete. The Utah Jazz have the 9th pick and the Mavs have the 10th pick. Hope they both get
someone really good. I would love to see Gradey Dick on either of these teams and it is possible now! Let's hope it happens! In
additon to that we have Washington, Orlando and OKC all in the top 12!

That is actually a perfect result for the lottery balls, as Gradey Dick has been projected around #10 all month. Since he is the only white prospect that is a shoe-in for the first round, it would be terrific if he landed on one of the league's few watchable teams. Orlando and OKC would both be great spots, too.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Utah Jazz has 3 first round picks this year. They have the number 9, 16 and 28th pick all in the first round. I wish more of our
guys were considered first round picks but we may see someone like Azolas Tubelis sneak in at the 28th pick late first round.

Here is the complete draft order for the 2023 NBA Draft. The combine will have the athletic testing on Wed. 5/17/2023.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
One guy that is a sleeper in this years draft is Brandin Podziemski. He played for Santa Clara which is where
Steve Nash played way back a few decades ago. He had a 39 inch vertical at the 2023 NBA Combine which put
him in the top 10 performers there. He is 6'5 and 205lbs and Brandin P. scored 20 points per game this last season.
Just another high flying shooting guard that could help out many teams!

iu

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Gradey Dick has the 2nd fastest shuttle run of any player at the 2023 NBA Combine. Add that to his amazing vertical and shooting.
I just hope he doesn't get drafted before Utah or Dallas has a chance to get him at the 9th or 10th pick of the 1st round!

USATSI_20670720.jpg

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Grant Nelson, of NDSU (and Chitwood University) fame, measured in officially at 6-feet-10 without shoes ... and ran the fastest pro lane drill of all participants AND the third-fastest time in NBA combine history. dude can move. on the other hand, he shot very poorly.

selfishly, i want him to return for another year at Chitwood U and dominate. that’ll likely translate into a LOT more money and better draft position.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
One guy that is a sleeper in this years draft is Brandin Podziemski. He played for Santa Clara which is where
Steve Nash played way back a few decades ago. He had a 39 inch vertical at the 2023 NBA Combine which put
him in the top 10 performers there. He is 6'5 and 205lbs and Brandin P. scored 20 points per game this last season.
Just another high flying shooting guard that could help out many teams!

iu
this cat plays for Chitwood University! somebody in the Association should hire me, as it’s obvious that my ability to find talent is superior to the folks who do it for a living. and i do it part time on my cell phone.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
this cat plays for Chitwood University! somebody in the Association should hire me, as it’s obvious that my ability to find talent is superior to the folks who do it for a living. and i do it part time on my cell phone.
Haha not bad finding another sleeper from Wisconsin!

JC no doubt you could scout!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Wasn't sure where to put this but this kid should be the Number 1 Pick in the 2024 NBA Draft!

GettyImages-1249704750-scaled-e1685546326730-784x507.jpg
I’ve written (briefly) about him before, as he’s a phenomenal talent. unfortunately for American fans (and perhaps around the world?), virtually no one will get to see him play until/unless he makes it to the NBA, as he has decided to go to the G League instead of playing in university or overseas. i wish him the best, but selfishly it would be nice to see him in action on a regular basis.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Former University of Arizona Wildcat Azeolas Tubelis had a workout with the Indiana Pacers. I hope he doesn't end up there.
We need our guys to go to teams that will acutally let them develop and play them. It's a crime that he is only looked at as a
NBA Second Round Pick. The guy led the Pac 12 in scoring and rebounding. It must be that darn white skin. Hope he ends up
going to a white friendly team. Would like to see Tubelis sneak into the bottom of the first round which is possible but he is white
so we know how that goes.

The NBA Draft will be on June 22nd.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As the Nuggets try to maximize this championship window, they'll get the least favorable of Oklahoma City's first-round picks in the 2024 draft, and the 37th pick in the June 22 draft, sources told ESPN.

Denver will have the 37th and 40th pick in this draft, and the deal gives Nuggets general manager Calvin Booth additional opportunities to acquire low-cost contracts and create some trade tools as the franchise navigates the luxury tax with this star-laden team built around Nikola Jokic, Jamal Murray and Michael Porter Jr. The league's new collective bargaining agreement will make it more difficult for tax teams to add veteran talent, and there will be a greater premium on drafting and developing young players.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As June 22nd the night of the NBA Draft is not far away here are a few int'l guys to keep an eye out for that may get drafted.

• Tristan Vukcevic – C – Serbia – The young big is a solid outside shooter with a pure release. He can hold his own in the paint and has enough athleticism to guard at the NBA level. Look for Vukcevic to get looks in the mid to late second round, with a small chance he goes earlier than we expect. He’s a real talent!

• Nikola Durisic – SF – Serbia – Durisic is an offensive minded, ball-handling wing who is an average shooter but can get downhill and has a nose for the bucket. Players with his size and on-the-ball ability have value and, although he’s not a sure thing, he should be drafted by the mid second round.
NBA Draft Room

• Azeolas Tubelis - Lithuania & U of A Wildcats - Tubelis is a highly skilled forward that’s continued to improve each season at the college level. Known for being a scorer, the 6-foot-11 forward is a double-double machine.
  • Tall shooters and floor spacers are becoming increasingly valuable at the NBA level, which is why Tubelis is viewed as a quality prospect. While he’s not a volume shooter from deep at this point, what he’s shown would suggest he could absolutely be a reliable perimeter threat down the road. While it’s a small sample size, he’s drastically improved his 3-point efficiency
  • Even inside the arc, Tubelis has great touch around the rim and is crafty in the post. The lefty is more of a finesse player in the paint than a powerful one. While he definitely prefers using his left hand, he’s also capable of finishing right
    Tubelis’ game truly does align with how the modern NBA game is played. Especially with his upside in transition, with the ability to pull down a rebound and push on his own, it’s easy to see how he’d fit in these systems. He’s got great vision and handle for his size which is crucial for modern forwards.

• Fan Nation NBA DRAFT Scouting Report

• Zvonimir Ivisic – C – Croatia

• Tomislav Ivisic – C – Croatia

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Just 9 days from the 2023 NBA Draft. Azeolas Tubelis has worked out for several teams but the 2 the most interested are the OKC Thunder
and the Brooklyn Nets. I would love to see him go to the Oklahoma City Thunder. He could join Josh Giddey and Chet Holmgren.They will
be starters but it would be even better if Tubelis could join them in their starting 5! Just no to the Nets as he will disapear there in my opinion
as other than Joe Harris the Nets have not been white friendly for a very long time.