2022 San Francisco 49ers

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
In the early years of Kyle Shanahan’s coaching reign, the Niners had one of the best offenses to root for, what with Jimmy Garappolo at QB, WR Trent Taylor catching passes and returning kicks when healthy, Kyle Juszczk catching passes and occasionally running from the fullback position (though way underutilized compared to his ability), George Kittle a superstar at tight end, and a 4/5 White o-line.

Now Jimmy G is a back-up and trade bait, the o-line is down to 2 Whites starting, Taylor is gone, Juszczk is still there and still being underused, and Kittle unfortunately has started to become injury prone.

San Fran does have several White o-line backups and four White tight ends, which makes their overall total of 17 Whites on the roster look better than it is.

Nick Bosa is the superstar starter at LDE, but all the other defensive players are Black. Similarly, of the 17 players currently on the practice squad, TE Troy Fumgalli is the sole overachiever. All in all, another year of demographic decline for the 49ers.

LT: Colton McKivitz
LG: Hance Blake
C: Jake Brendel, Daniel Brunskill
RG: Nick Zakelj
RT: Mike McGlinchey
TE: George Kittle, Tyler Kroft, Charlie Woerner, Ross Dwelley
FB: Kyle Juszczk
QB: Jimmy Garappolo, Brock Purdy

DE: Nick Bosa

Number of White starters: 5
Total number of Whites on the 53 man roster: 17
Grade: F+

P: Mitch Wishnowsky
PK: Robbie Gould
LS: Taylor Pepper

Practice squad: TE Troy Fumgalli

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Sad.

I'll be rooting against them as long as they force Trey Lance out there over the much more competent Jimmy G. Remember, "the best players play" and "winning is the ultimate goal" which is why "sports is the ultimate meritocracy". Ok, now that I've shut off my NPC programing, I will be rooting hard for Bosa, Kittle and The Juice but I can't support the team overall.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Sad.

I'll be rooting against them as long as they force Trey Lance out there over the much more competent Jimmy G. Remember, "the best players play" and "winning is the ultimate goal" which is why "sports is the ultimate meritocracy". Ok, now that I've shut off my NPC programing, I will be rooting hard for Bosa, Kittle and The Juice but I can't support the team overall.
The Niners Teams look more and more like the city and state they represent. I feel the same way. It's ironic. If you go to youtube you can
search for some videos from San Francisco in the 1950's. What a beautiful city it used to be when they people were well behaved and had morals & values.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Niners Teams look more and more like the city and state they represent. I feel the same way. It's ironic. If you go to youtube you can
search for some videos from San Francisco in the 1950's. What a beautiful city it used to be when they people were well behaved and had morals & values.
Yes, White people sure know how to build beautiful things and San Francisco was certainly one of the loveliest American cities to have ever existed. POC, White leftists and "fellow white" leftists in a short amount of time made sure to destroy it. With their insane policies they've allowed the place to be overrun with bums, drug addicts and criminals (mostly of the darker variety). In short, its turning into Oakland.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Well since Jimmy G is starting for the rest of the year, they now have 6 White starters. Since some of them are star level players, they aren't the worst team to support. Especially considering they play 4 games against the Cardinals and Seahawks.....

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Shanahan and Lynch are smart enough to know what they have in Garoppolo -- namely a winner they almost lost because they wanted to get rid of him -- but there will be continued strong pressure from the usual sources to start Lance next season:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "both sides are open to" Jimmy Garoppolo returning to the 49ers in 2023.​

Here we go again. Garoppolo was cast off by the 49ers in the offseason, but the team was unable to find a trade partner after the process was delayed by a shoulder surgery. The fumbled negotiations kept Garoppolo on the roster long enough for him to reclaim the starting job after Trey Lance suffered a season-ending ankle injury. Garoppolo is 6-3 as the starter this year and the 49ers look to be playoff bound under him once again. A free agent at the end of the season, Garoppolo will likely want a contract the 49ers can't justify after giving up on him once already, but there will at least be talks between the two sides.