2022 PGA Championship

icsept

Master
Phil Mickelson will not be defending his PGA Championship, for some reason. (I don’t think any golf fan gives a rat’s ass that he tried to leverage the PGA with Saudi money, then called the Saudis a bunch of scary misogynists.)
Nevertheless, DJ, Scheffler, Rahm, Rory, Koepka, and Speith are all here, and in top form. Everybody’s watching Tiger’s every move. He might actually play well here the first couple rounds. But, it’s called Southern “Hills” for a reason. If his leg isn’t 100%, he’s in trouble. I was on grounds today for a few hours, and it’s a brutal walk and very hot.

This is as big as it gets here in my home town. My sister AirBnB’d her house for $1000 per night, lol.

I had enough already today with the $20 beers and walking up heart attack hill. I’ll be pulling for Rory and Speith from my couch.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I made a vow not to watch Golf Channel's "Live From" coverage but cheated a bit, taking a quick peek and sure enough the moment I did Propaganda Minister Lerner was of course emoting about Woods. Just gotta hope Woods misses the cut, which will force coverage to be on the tournament itself rather than the semi-lame Ambien-addicted 46 year old who's won one major in the past 14 years.

There's certainly a lot of interesting story lines among the non-Tigers. Spieth going for the career grand slam, Scheffler trying to win two majors in a row, Rory trying to win his first major in 8 years, Rahm and Koepka trying to get back in the winner's circle, Justin Thomas, Dustin Johnson and Collin Morikawa all with a chance to win another major, hot players like Cam Smith and Viktor Hovland trying to win their first, should be a great tournament.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I made a vow not to watch Golf Channel's "Live From" coverage but cheated a bit, taking a quick peek and sure enough the moment I did Propaganda Minister Lerner was of course emoting about Woods. Just gotta hope Woods misses the cut, which will force coverage to be on the tournament itself rather than the semi-lame Ambien-addicted 46 year old who's won one major in the past 14 years.

There's certainly a lot of interesting story lines among the non-Tigers. Spieth going for the career grand slam, Scheffler trying to win two majors in a row, Rory trying to win his first major in 8 years, Rahm and Koepka trying to get back in the winner's circle, Justin Thomas, Dustin Johnson and Collin Morikawa all with a chance to win another major, hot players like Cam Smith and Viktor Hovland trying to win their first, should be a great tournament.
The only good thing coming out of the first and second round pairings where Woods is concerned is that McIlroy and Spieth are playing with Woods At least we'll get to see plenty of Rory and Jordan this afternoon no matter how good or bad Woods plays.
Woods will have to play well today just to make the cut. He's currently in a T94 at +4. Koepka at +4 as well. Dustin Johnson, T75 at +3.

1. McIlroy -5. Rory looking for his 5th Major.
1. J. Thomas -5 through 4. Making a move early.
T3. Zalatoris -4
T3. Kuchar -4
T7. C. Smith -3
T28. Fowler -1
T54. Spieth +2 Jordan needs to make a big move today to get into contention.

Looking forward to watching the McIlroy, Spieth, Woods grouping later today.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The only good thing coming out of the first and second round pairings where Woods is concerned is that McIlroy and Spieth are playing with Woods At least we'll get to see plenty of Rory and Jordan this afternoon no matter how good or bad Woods plays.
Woods will have to play well today just to make the cut. He's currently in a T94 at +4. Koepka at +4 as well. Dustin Johnson, T75 at +3.

1. McIlroy -5. Rory looking for his 5th Major.
1. J. Thomas -5 through 4. Making a move early.
T3. Zalatoris -4
T3. Kuchar -4
T7. C. Smith -3
T28. Fowler -1
T54. Spieth +2 Jordan needs to make a big move today to get into contention.

Looking forward to watching the McIlroy, Spieth, Woods grouping later today.

Justin Thomas fires a 3 under round in tough conditions to take the second round lead at -6
1. Thomas -6
T2. Zalatoris -5
T2. McIlroy -5

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Just getting an opportunity to watch and not only are they showing Woods who is currently in a T74 place every shot, they are also showing every action of his from flipping the ball to caddie Joe Lacava to bumping fists with McIlroy before teeing off in slow motion while going to commercial break. I wonder if they're going to follow him into the men's room?

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Just getting an opportunity to watch and not only are they showing Woods who is currently in a T74 place every shot, they are also showing every action of his from flipping the ball to caddie Joe Lacava to bumping fists with McIlroy before teeing off in slow motion while going to commercial break. I wonder if they're going to follow him into the men's room?
World number 1 Scottie Scheffler will not play the weekend at +6, T-104, nor will Dustin Johnson also at +6.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Hahahaha, I bet a lot of these Tiger sycophants would enjoy that way too much!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Hahahaha, I bet a lot of these Tiger sycophants would enjoy that way too much!
Also, in watching and listening you hear come on Tiger from the fans on every hole. No encouragement for Rory or Jordan. We are a racist country.
Never ceases to amaze me how white folks seem un loyal to their own race.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Will Zalatoris with a one shot lead now. There was a strong gusty wind most of the day but it died off almost instantly a little while ago as a weather front began moving in and as a result scoring is easier now for those still on the course. I meant to mention Zalatoris in my first post above as he's definitely a budding star with a complete game and seemingly a great demeanor. He's just 25 years old.

Woods is currently +5, one above the cut line.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Will Zalatoris with a one shot lead now. There was a strong gusty wind most of the day but it died off almost instantly a little while ago as a weather front began moving in and as a result scoring is easier now for those still on the course. I meant to mention Zalatoris in my first post above as he's definitely a budding star with a complete game and seemingly a great demeanor. He's just 25 years old.

Woods is currently +5, one above the cut line.
Woods made the cut(barely) and will look to avoid being golfs equivalent of Mr. Irrelevant. The tournament once again is wide open and should have a wild finish on Sunday.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Tiger Woods withdraws from The PGA Championship after posting a career worst round at the event. he shot a 9 over 79 today.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Scottie Scheffler must have taken too much time off after his Masters win as he missed the cut after being pretty much unbeatable the previous two months culminating in his triumph at Augusta National.

Conditions were tough again for the third round. The leaderboard is disappointing if you're hoping for big names to be battling it out. The leader is an unknown player from Chile, Mito Periera, followed by Matt Fitzpatrick, Will Zalatoris, Cameron Young and Abraham Ancer. Justin Thomas and Bubba Watson are on the fringe of contention at seven shots back. But the PGA is a major that does produce surprise winners such as Rich Beam, Shawn Michel, and Y.E. Yang, who came out of nowhere in 2009 to outduel Tiger Woods, the first player to overtake Woods after he had a final round lead in a major and which seemingly set off Woods' subsequent prolonged drought in the majors (his personal scandals, addictions and injuries from likely too many PEDs also played a role). Hopefully will be an exciting final round whoever the winner turns out to be.

Last edited: