2022 NFL Week 5

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
They just said Kelce was 33 years old. Gronk is only 32 and has retired twice. I didn't know Kelce was that old.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Raiders putting on a clinic so far against the Chiefs. Somehow we know it will be different the second half. I would be shocked if
it turned into a blowout.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Travis Kelce had 3 touchdowns tonight. They have been throwing alot of short passes to him so his yards are not that high but
we still have a quarter to go. Even though Kelce is older, he has still played 12 fewer games than Gronkowski yet has already passed
him in career receiving yards a couple of weeks ago. Travis Kelce is already number 5 all time receiving yards for an nfl tightend
in his career. Gronk is 6th now. Kelce will pass Shannon Sharpe by the last quarter of the season to move to 4th place. It will take at
least 2 to 3 more good years to pass 3rd place Antonio Gates. I think he will catch him. The top two are Witten and Gonzalez. It's
possible he could catch both but most likely he will finish just short. It's hard to imagine his body holding up for 5 more years but
you never know.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That would be beyond great news for the Bills, McCaffrey, me and everybody on this board……

If Cmac goes anywhere my preference is the Bills or the Rams. If it was to another team I could live with it as long as he goes to a
nfl playoff contender. The kid has never had a chance to play in the post season. As great as McCaffrey is, I can't imagine any
team trying to defend him in a playoff run on a championship contending team. Give him talent around him so they can't just focus
on him the whole game. Nfl Defenses can get away with that in Carolina as their teams have been horrible for so long.

I also can't believe that Panthers still haven't figured out that CMac to the outside would be benefitial to the team... Maybe they'll get the memo after this game? No wonder he only has 1 rushing TD after 5 games of the season. What a waste.
He had a rushing TD in the first game of the season as well, so he has two. But the point is well taken. Even with the Panthers' overall lack of talent, better play calling could do wonders.

The fact that C-Mac, even after being burdened with all that, already has two 100-yard rushing games this season speaks to his sheer talent. Hopefully the trade rumors with the Bills turn out to be true.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hunter Renfrow was certainly underused last night, even after china doll tight end Darren Waller left with a hamstring injury after the first series. Mack Hollins is a six year journeyman with just 73 career catches but he had one good game while Renfrow was out with his concussion. Renfrow caught all of his paltry four targets while Hollins failed to catch any of his. After last night's zero catch performance he needs to fade back to the bench and Renfrow needs to be made an integral part of the offense again.

Mack Hollins failed to catch any of his four targets in the Raiders' Week 5 loss to the Chiefs.​

Hollins played ahead of Hunter Renfrow in two-wide sets thanks in large part to his run-blocking ability, and the two each saw four targets, good for third on the team behind Davante Adams' eight and Josh Jacobs' five. Hollins was just unable to do anything with his looks. He was targeted on an end-zone shot where Hollins and the defender muscled for a jump-ball that ultimately fell incomplete. Hollins is best left on fantasy benches. He gets the bye ahead of a Week 7 date with the Texans.

El Gringo

Mentor
Travis Kelce had 3 touchdowns tonight. They have been throwing alot of short passes to him so his yards are not that high but
we still have a quarter to go. Even though Kelce is older, he has still played 12 fewer games than Gronkowski yet has already passed
him in career receiving yards a couple of weeks ago. Travis Kelce is already number 5 all time receiving yards for an nfl tightend
in his career. Gronk is 6th now. Kelce will pass Shannon Sharpe by the last quarter of the season to move to 4th place. It will take at
least 2 to 3 more good years to pass 3rd place Antonio Gates. I think he will catch him. The top two are Witten and Gonzalez. It's
possible he could catch both but most likely he will finish just short. It's hard to imagine his body holding up for 5 more years but
you never know.

I had know idea Gonzales put up those type of numbers! Hopefully Kelce can catch him.

todder

I guess the Rams gotta league memo for having too many whities, so they cut Funk.

I guess the Rams gotta league memo for having too many whities, so they cut Funk.
What is incredible is the penchant of the NFL's most White-friendly teams to "de-Whiten" themselves after winning Super Bowls.

Packers "de-Whitened" after winning it all in 2011 with the NFL's Whitest Roster (Rodgers, Jordy, Kuhn, Brett Swain, All-White OLine, Matthews, Hawk, Zombo + several White backups). IIRC, their roster was at or just below 50% White, which is practically unheard of. It didn't last long. Now they one of the NFL's most caste teams and have failed to re-create their success, despite still having their Hall-of-Fame QB.

Patriots White-friendliness remained intact for several years, but they have obviously de-whitened recently after their long dynasty and have taken themselves out of Super Bowl contention (with very few players of White complexion.)

Rams had remained pretty consistent at the "skill positions" by keeping Skowronek, Higbee and Funk (obviously Cooper Kupp). But now Funk has been purged. The OLine is being purged of Whites. How much longer until one of either Higbee or Skowronek are removed from the roster and the Rams go back to being another average Caste team?

If past trends are any indication, winning teams normally purge their White backups first (while drafting coal-black) prior to making a full caste shift in the starting lineups.

The Rams signing CMac would make them a Super Bowl contender again, but I would be shocked if they did it (due to Caste considerations). It would be uncharted territory for any NFL team to have a starting White tailback + 3 White pass catchers in the starting lineup. The Patriots came close but they always limited Rex and Woodhead's snaps. Rams appear in the midst of a White Purge if the OLine and cutting Funk is any indication, so they won't pursue CMac, no matter how much sense it would make.

Maybe the de-Whitening ritual of successful teams is mandatory. How else could the caste system survive this long? Do NFL owners and GMs hate winning?

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What is incredible is the penchant of the NFL's most White-friendly teams to "de-Whiten" themselves after winning Super Bowls.

Packers "de-Whitened" after winning it all in 2011 with the NFL's Whitest Roster (Rodgers, Jordy, Kuhn, Brett Swain, All-White OLine, Matthews, Hawk, Zombo). Now they one of the NFL's most caste teams and have failed to re-create their success, despite still having their Hall-of-Fame QB.

Patriots White-friendliness remained intact for several years, but they have obviously de-whitened recently after their long dynasty and have taken themselves out of Super Bowl contention (with very few players of White complexion.)

Rams brought in a bunch of upsiders to backup the OLine after last year's SB win, but they had remained pretty consistent at the "skill positions" by keeping Skowronek, Higbee and Funk (obviously Cooper Kupp). But now Funk has been purged. How much longer until one of either Higbee or Skowronek are removed from the roster and the Rams go back to being another average Caste team?

If past trends are any indication, winning teams normally purge their White backups first (while drafting coal-black) prior to making a full caste shift in the starting lineups.

I would be shocked if the Rams signed CMac (due to Caste considerations), even though they would do it if they wanted to win more games.

Maybe the de-Whitening ritual of successful teams is mandatory. How else could the caste system survive this long? Do NFL owners and GMs hate winning?

Excellent post Freedom Convoy. Yes I do believe there is a percentage that every team is not supposed to go over. They will never openly
admit this but the teams don't have to. Their actions for decade after decade prove this to be true. You also have to look at who owns all
the teams what their agenda is in sports and in everywhere else. Then you come to the conclusion that most of us have.

Excellent post Freedom Convoy. Yes I do believe there is a percentage that every team is not supposed to go over. They will never openly
admit this but the teams don't have to. Their actions for decade after decade prove this to be true. You also have to look at who owns all
the teams what their agenda is in sports and in everywhere else. Then you come to the conclusion that most of us have.
Agreed.

Signing CMac would put the Rams in completely uncharted territory with respect to the starting offensive lineup (White starting TE+2 WRs+ Halfback). While it's not officially a Rooney Rule infraction, it's definitely not allowed.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Agreed.

Signing CMac would put the Rams in completely uncharted territory with respect to the starting offensive lineup (White starting TE+2 WRs+ Halfback). While it's not officially a Rooney Rule infraction, it's definitely not allowed.
There was a year or 2 where NE did just that. All White (or at worst 4/5) OL, Brady, Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, Hogan and Woodhead (rotating in). What a joy to watch and they were damn good too!

There was a year or 2 where NE did just that. All White (or at worst 4/5) OL, Brady, Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, Hogan and Woodhead (rotating in). What a joy to watch and they were damn good too!

That NE team was great to watch (and the most WINNING franchise in NFL history throughout those White-friendly years). As you say, Danny rotated in but he never seemed to rise above 2nd (3rd at times) on the RB depth chart, and was underutilized, only receiving around 6-8 touches per game on average in the NE years. It felt like more, because he did so much with those touches.

The difference is CMac would be the undisputed featured back in the LA offense, likely be getting the ball 20 times per game, along with 2 White WRs and a Tight End. Still unprecedented IMO.

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
Yeah, I mean the Rams running backs have been tearing it up this year, so I made no sense for them to keep a third stringer around much less see if he can be productive… you know since the 1st and 2nd stringers were playing so well…