2022 NBA Draft

Phall

Master
Maybe it's just the 24-hour news cycle, but the projected NBA draft seems to have been blasting the same pool of players for many months now. Time will tell. White players, though, seem few and far between at this point in the mock drafts. Frankly, I was surprised that I could come up with 14 prospects in the top 100. (Let me know if I missed anyone!)

Top Tier:
Chet Holmgren
Will he go #1 or #2? I think it's a great conundrum because he can play next to the Magic's Franz Wagner or the Thunder's Josh Giddey to form a core of white talent that really doesn't exist anywhere else in the league. How many other teams have two white starters pencilled in?

Mid-late first round:
Nikola Jovic
You would figure that anyone with a name close to the MVP's name would rate highly. I always have a hard time projecting Euro players, if only because they've never played with American blacks before (who are unnaturally selfish and self-important as teammates). Who knows how some young, unassuming Euro white will react?

Christian Braun
That 40" vertical leap at the combine should have quelled any concerns about his fit on an NBA roster. Braun put up similar stats on a lower usage rate to his star African teammate, who is projected to be a lottery pick. I think he might benefit from a stint in the G-League so he can learn to take as many shots as he wants.

Jake LaRavia
Wake Forest's superman seems to be projecting well during the off-season. I didn't watch him at all, but I've read that he's a 6'8 swing man who crashes the boards and plays as much defense as offense.

Late first round / early second round:
Walker Kessler
Auburn had a stud black freshman, a projected top 3 pick, who shot and scored a lot. Kessler cleaned up all his boards and blocked a handful of shots every game, too. As a transfer, he forced his way from an afterthought to a viable option #1B for an elite team.

Firmly Second Round:
Gabriele Procida
A 6'7, 20-yr old Italian swing forward.

Hugo Besson
French 6'4 point guard, 21 yrs old, from the New Zealand league.

Matteo Spagnolo
A 6'5, 19-yr old combo guard from Italy.

Fliers:
Colin Gillespie
The best college point guard in the country for two straight years. Can drive-and-dish but also shoots well from a set position. His teams win a lot of games.

Ziga Samar
A 6'6, 21-yr old point guard from Croatia.

Karlo Matkovic
A 6'9, 21-yr old big from Bosnia.

Alex Barcello
BYU's star do-it-all point guard, 6'3 age 24.

Buddy Boeheim
The 6'6 shooting guard, age 23, carried a mediocre power conference team on his back for his father's final seasons. Can definitely shoot with energy.

(*edited to include) Brady Manek
A 6'9 power forward with elite shooting/scoring ability and solid rebounding. He was a key player on the championship runners-up. I could see him making the the right roster if he has a strong summer league showing.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great list for the NBA Draft my friend. We appreciate the time you put in and it's very nicely written. I know alot about 2/3 of these guys but I always love to read about talent I had no idea about. I felt a lilttle bad for Alex Barcello. He was on the
Arizona Wildcats before they brought in Lloyd as the new coach. They never game him much of a chance under Sean Miller. I honestly feel Coach Tommy Lloyd would have played him and most likely started him. He would have had alot better
chance of being drafted. The kid is very athletic and a good shooter as well as passer.

Buddy Bodheim can score with the best of them. I would love to see some team just take a chance on him. As you said though with Boeheim, Barcello aand many others it will be hard for them to get a serious look.

Phall

Master
If these projections bear out, there will be just 8 white players drafted and only 4 white Americans.

The historic 2003 Draft was 19 years ago. It featured several Hall of Famers in LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Carmelo Anthony, but is also noteworthy for its famous white bust, the Serbian teenager Darko Milicic, who was picked #2 overall and never panned out as a prospect. Darko quickly became a punchline, and his status as a white albatross bookended by prodigious black players came to permeate the subconscious of both fans and front offices.

In addition to Darko, there were eight other white players picked in the first round alone. The second round saw FIFTEEN white players selected for a total of 24 out of the 58 picks, including eleven white Americans. Many of these guys carved out lengthy and respectable careers, including Kyle Korver, Chris Kaman, Kirk Hinrich, Luke Ridnour, Luke Walton, Steve Blake, Jason Kapono, Nick Collison, and Matt Bonner. All of them would be judged as successful selections in hindsight.

It's a pretty sorry state when two of the top five players in the NBA are white, but the draft boards can't come up with more than 14 names for their top 100 prospects.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Quote from Phall "t's a pretty sorry state when two of the top five players in the NBA are white, but the draft boards can't come up with more than 14 names for their top 100 prospects".

Yes indeed my friend. Instead of the Caste System in Sports breaking down and weakening it seems like the Commies that run the world are digging into their trench's even deeper. Sometimes I dream what it must have been like to
be a kid in the 40's or 50's in America. The country was over 90% white with white sports leagues and white hollywood surrounding you. The cars, the music, the women, the morals and values. It was the Glory Days of America in my
honest opinion. Whites could still be proud of their heritage and culture and celebrate it openly. Now they say all whites are evil and we must be replaced.

Well I do think at some point we will see a great pushback. I think even the establishment knows this. That's why they are flooding us with illegals form Mexico and every other Brown Country to complete the Great Replacesment. Well
we are in for tough times but if more people wake up it might be a good thing. Every ethnicity deserves the right to celeberate and embrace their culture. Whites worldwide must reembrace the morals and values again. We have to take
pride in our people and support each other just like the minorities do! We just need for more whites to deprogram the decades of brainwashing by the elites.

Ok back to Basketball. Yes we have seen a white guy win NBA MVP 2 years in a row. Luka Doncic also finished in 5th in the voting. Would have been higher even he would have played more games this year but injuries got in the way.

As bad as the NBA Draft looks I can live with it if we get more impact players. Guys that come into the league like Corey Kispert, Tyler Herro, Max Strus, M. Wagner and many others. We need our guys to come in and play alot of minutes and hopefully
become starters. Then we need more or our guys to make the NBA All Star Game in the next few decades. I do see some hope. We have been seeing more american players getting a chance. For years it seemed like thee only whites to ever play
were from Europe. American Kids are getting their flash, style and swagger back as the young guys says. Baby Steps my friend. Let's also hope we get some guys drafted that the media doesn't expect. Maybe a few suprises. It would be nice.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here are some of the very top NBA European Potential Draft Picks if the Teams can think outside of the box and see talent and not just the color of skin.

1. Nikola Jovic (2003, 6-10, F, Mega Soccerbet)
Nikola Jovic exploded this season in Adidas Next Generation and in FIBA’s youth World Champioship, forcing scouts to notice him.
Jovic is a talented combo forward with great size and length. Has a well structured body and is an above average athlete (not elite), who is moving like a perimeter player. What’s even more important though is that he is a born leader, who always gives 100% when he steps the floor.
Jovic can do a little bit of everything on the offensive end of the floor, having 3-level scoring potential. He can shoot off the dribble, drive to the basket and Post Up smaller players, while he has shown potential as a passer. His shot isn’t completely there yet and his shooting range should expand, but has a lot to like.

2. Carlos Alocen (2000, 6-5, PG, Real Madrid)
After an underwhelming first season with Real Madrid, Carlos Alocen will attempt to bounce back in this year. And there is every reason to believe that he will, since he will have an expanded role this season.
Alocen is a typical Spanish point guard. Quick, with great size, a Pick and Roll maestro with great passing skills, instincts and a pass first mentality, who knows how to moves his legs on defense. He has shown potential as a shooter, but he is inconsistent for now, has problems creating his own shot If he manages to become a consistent 3-point shooter this will open his game, making him a really intriguing prospect.

3. Agustin Ubal (2003, 6-6, SG/PG, Barcelona)
A lanky combo guard with great size and length, Ubal has some interesting tools, earning some hype since last season.
Ubal is a quick combo guard. He is a good shooter in Spot Up Situations, but can also put the ball on the floor and create his own shot, while also showing potential as a passer. He needs to bulk up his body – which is still growing – and he is not an elite athlete, which can be a problem at the next level, mainly on the defensive end. But with his shooting and playmaking, the potential is there.

4. Tristan Vukcevic] (2003, 6-11, PF/C, Real Madrid)
The son of Dusan Vukcevic – former EuroLeague player – found some time last season in a loaded Real Madrid squad due to injuries in the front court, raising the bar for this season, since he is eligible for the NBA Draft. Vukcevic is a new-era big. Stable, long and he has a great feel for the game. His touch around the basket is very good for a player his size and age and his shooting range already goes all the way out to FIBA’s 3-point line.
At the same time, he has a high basketball I.Q and nice court vision, while on the defensive end he knows the law of verticality when he is defending at the rim. Vukcevic has his issues defensively when he has to guard the Pick and Roll and he needs to bulk up, while he still has to add a more polished Post Up game. But he has shown enough promise already.

5. Roko Prkacin (2002, 6-9, PF/SF, Ciboba Zagreb)
There used to be a lot of hype around Roko Prkacin, but during last season his stock dropped significantly. There was never any doubt about his talent and motor, but there is always the fear that he might has hit a plateau, which kind of makes this season a make or break for him, despite the fact that he is still really young.

mail.png

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is some video hilites of Chet Holmgren he should be the number 1 pick the 2022 NBA Draft!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Well if he hit 4 in the 1st round I'll be happy. I'm thinking Holmgren, Jovic, Braun, and Kessler.

Didn't realize LaRavia was getting such positive feedback?! Have to admit, I don't know much about the guy and I usually try to stay on top of things like that!

Phall

Master
Two-time Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Year, 6'4 junior shooting guard AJ Green, has popped up in the second round of a couple of recent mock drafts.

The Cedar Falls native was part of 51 total victories and two MVC regular season championships during his UNI career, which began with a standout freshman season in 2018-19 that earned him MVC Freshman of the Year honors, one of many during his four years donning the purple and gold. Green earned three All-MVC team honors during his career, including a pair of first team selections in 2020 and 2022. Academically, Green was a two-time recipient of the MVC's Scholar-Athlete of the Year Award (2020, 2022), and was also a finalist for the 2022 Lou Henson National Player of the Year Award, given to the top mid-major player in Division I.

Having averaged 17.8 points per game, Green finishes his collegiate career 4th all-time in program history in points scored (1,769), 2nd in made three-point field goals (266), 1st in three-point field goal attempts (704), and 1st in career free throw percentage (90%). Green scored a career-high 35 points twice during his time as a Panther, the first coming on Jan. 4, 2020 against Bradley, and again this previous season in a win at St. Bonaventure, while also setting a new program record this past winter with a streak of 48 consecutive made free throws, tied for 5th longest such streak in MVC history.

It will be fun to see what Green can do against so-called "elite" competition after dominating in the only conference that would recruit him out of high school.

Feature_Image.jpg

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Green is a stud. I believe big part of him playing at Northern Iowa was playing under his Dad as HC. I'd love to see him get a shot in NBA. We need more White PGs.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Green is a stud. I believe big part of him playing at Northern Iowa was playing under his Dad as HC. I'd love to see him get a shot in NBA. We need more White PGs.

I agree. I've often thought that the point guard in basketball is equivalent to a quarterback in football. He is without a doubt the leader, facilitator, and the force that helps to drive a team to either success or failure. White point
guards are one of my favorite things to see. One reason I want to see Mac McClung and many others get a legitimate chance. When TJ McConnell was at the University of Arizona he tore up the Pac 12 all 4 years. They made the
tournament every year. McConnell should have been a starter in the nba but at least he has had a good career as a backup. We have many of our guys who could blossom into all stars if just give the chance.

The future could be alot better if things go right. We have many young guards in the nba or about to be who can either play the point or shooting guards and make an impact. Let's hope Green is one of those players to be drafted
and allowed to develop into a vital player for some lucky team.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some experts believe that Chet Holmgren may fall to the 3rd pick of the first round to the Houston Rockets. If this happens it my be interesting down in Texas as they are also high on Walker Kessler. If they had a front line
with both of these guys they would out rebound any nba team with ease. Both of these studs are monsters with blocking shots and rebounding! They both can also score at will.

It's hard to say what will happen on Thursday but I hope somehow the Mavs get some help for Luke through the NBA Draft but especially through free agency.

icsept

Master
I’m fine with Chet falling to #3. The Rockets just traded their center, Christian Wood, to Dallas (which is also a major upgrade for Dallas.). Although I believe Chet can handle it, being the number 1 pick just puts a target on your back.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Christian Braun can jump out of the gym. He had the 2nd highest of any player in the standing vertical leap. We all know he has the talent to get it done on both ends of the floor! :)
iu

Max Vertical Leap
The five highest max vertical leaps:

1. Kennedy Chandler: 41.5 inches
  2. Kendall Brown: 41 inches
  3. Christian Braun: 40 inches
  4. Ochai Agbaji: 39 inches
  5. Jalen Williams: 39 inches
Standing Vertical Leap
The five highest standing vertical leaps:

1. E.J. Liddell: 35.5 inches
  2. Christian Braun: 33.5 inches
  3. Jalen Williams: 33.5 inches
  4. Wendell Moore: 32.5 inches
  5. Justin Lewis: 32.5 inches

Last edited:
Very hard to watch the NBA nowadays. Definitely need more top White players. If Larry Bird was playing nowadays he wouldn’t be drafted high at all. So sad.

Phall

Master
I'm happy to see Chet Holmgren go to Oklahoma City at #2. He and Josh Giddey, health-permitting, are guaranteed starters for the next several years. I expect that they are each a few years away from all-star status, but they both have the potential to be superstars. There may be a few teams that end up giving more minutes to whites next season, but no team is going to have two key white players penciled in automatically as un-tradeable building blocks.

Banchero is a surprise at #1. I might have slightly preferred Holmgren to Orlando, but the selection of a PF rather than a C allows the Magic to retain backup center Mo Wagner,. His brother Franz will not be competing with Banchero for minutes.

Claimjumper

Mentor
Christian Braun to the nuggets to join Jokic!

I’ve seen Nikola Jovic linked to the nuggets too. Would love to see them snag him with their 30th pick

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Christian Braun to the nuggets to join Jokic!

I’ve seen Nikola Jovic linked to the nuggets too. Would love to see them snag him with their 30th pick

This is a great landing spot for Christian Braun. The Nuggets need alot of help offensively and Braun can be the man for the job. If Jovic would there it would be epic!

Sad to see Walker Kessler to the Memphis Grizzlies. Horrible team to go to for such an elite talent center!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Miami Heat draft Nikola Jovic. The Mavs could have had him but I guess with the trade for Christian Wood from the Rockets they passed. I do think the Mavs would have taken Braun but he ended up in Denver which is a good spot for him.

So the Miami Heat will now have Herro, Struss, Jovic and several others. Florida is a great state to live with Ron Desantis who I hope runs for president in 2024. The Miami Heat will continue to be one of the best teams to root for in the NBA! :)

Phall

Master
This is a great landing spot for Christian Braun. The Nuggets need alot of help offensively and Braun can be the man for the job. If Jovic would there it would be epic!

Sad to see Walker Kessler to the Memphis Grizzlies. Horrible team to go to for such an elite talent center!

Memphis and Minnesota swapped white draft picks, with Kessler ending up in Minnesota and Jake LaRavia going to the Grizzlies.

Minnesota is an even worse spot for Kessler - a lousy team whose only star (Anthony-Towns) soaks up minutes in the same position and also doesn’t have much positional versatility.

Memphis has kept the occasional whitey (Valanciunas as starting center and Grayson Allen as a rotation piece prior to last year). It still also strikes me as a likely place for a white rookie’s career to die. Unlucky for both young men, as they’ll have an uphill battle for their second contracts.

With the first round concluded, we have 5/29 white players selected (four Americans). Awful, but could have been worse. The next white players on the CBS big board are ranked 63 and 64 (Besson from France and Gillespie from Villanova). So if all teams went by the CBS chalk, we’d already be done for the night.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Memphis and Minnesota swapped white draft picks, with Kessler ending up in Minnesota and Jake LaRavia going to the Grizzlies.

Minnesota is an even worse spot for Kessler - a lousy team whose only star (Anthony-Towns) soaks up minutes in the same position and also doesn’t have much positional versatility.

Memphis has kept the occasional whitey (Valanciunas as starting center and Grayson Allen as a rotation piece prior to last year). It still also strikes me as a likely place for a white rookie’s career to die. Unlucky for both young men, as they’ll have an uphill battle for their second contracts.

With the first round concluded, we have 5/29 white players selected (four Americans). Awful, but could have been worse. The next white players on the CBS big board are ranked 63 and 64 (Besson from France and Gillespie from Villanova). So if all teams went by the CBS chalk, we’d already be done for the night.

Thanks for the update on Kessler. Well a little over a decade ago the Minnesota Timberwolves had Kevin Love and he was on a mostly white team. Not saying it will happen again but at least they have been white friendly in the recent past.

In the 2nd round we already had Itallian Stallion Gabriele Procida picked by the Portland Trailblazers. Again I don't like where he went but he was drafted high enough for them to most likely give him playing time from his rookie season. Trying
to be a little bit of an optomist as these days that's all we have sometimes.

Phall

Master
Thanks for the update on Kessler. Well a little over a decade ago the Minnesota Timberwolves had Kevin Love and he was on a mostly white team. Not saying it will happen again but at least they have been white friendly in the recent past.

In the 2nd round we already had Itallian Stallion Gabriele Procida picked by the Portland Trailblazers. Again I don't like where he went but he was drafted high enough for them to most likely give him playing time from his rookie season. Trying
to be a little bit of an optomist as these days that's all we have sometimes.

Yes, less than a decade ago, an all-white Timberwolves team (with one black sub) beat an all-black Oklahoma City team. I can't remember the year exactly, but do recall that we got a kick out of it on this forum. Evidently, whoever buys the tickets in Minnesota is content to slop up swill regardless of the roster.

Procida was a highly-rated Euro this year; obviously, I know nothing about him. Portland is a very black team overall, but there's a decent chance Lillard demands a trade, the Blazers blow up their roster, and Procida gets to feature for some big minutes as they figure out what they've got. That seems like his best case scenario.

The Thunder seem to have swapped three *conditional* first round picks next year for some French teenage bum named Ousmane at #11 who could be years away from playing. Not a good use of assets!!

Here's a bit of unconscious racism from a generic CBS Sports dweeb:
21. Denver Nuggets: SF Christian Braun, Kansas

Braun (pronounced "Brown" for some reason) is a wing with size who can guard his position, reliably make jumpers and finish in transition. He's the type of prospect who could flourish with a Nuggets team that has so many pieces already in place for the future. They need more on the wings, and Braun should be able to contribute early. There were higher-graded prospects available, but this is a strong pick. Grade: A-

The grade is decent, but what's with the swipe about the name? We are living in an era of absurd, obnoxious black counter-culturalism, rife with horrendous misspellings and affronts to the English language. I've recently had the thought that blacks' refusal to "westernize" their names is indicative of how they will never assimilate as a race. But some nerd suddenly wants to go all Ben Franklin and stick to phonetic pronunciations now? Go fish, you nerd!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Just like that Walker Kessler has another white on the team. The Minnesota Twolves just drafted another young italian who is a great passer and good player with alot of upside at the point guard position.

His name is Matteo Spagnola.