2022 Houston Texans

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A one-time CF favorite a decade ago, the 2022 Texans as expected are again a hard-core Caste team. Two players to root for are QB Davis Mills and RB Rex Burkhead.

Mills was drafted in the third round out of Stanford in 2021 and thanks to Deshaun Watson’s sexual proclivities had an opportunity to start as a rookie and took advantage of it. Working with a lousy receiving group other than Brandin Cooks and behind the team’s now traditional poor, sumo-dominated o-line, Mills got better as the season went on and along with Mac Jones finished as the two best rookie QBs last year. But not being drafted until the third round and being White, Mills must continue to do well or the howls and shrieks demanding a new quarterback will begin in earnest. For this year at least Mills would appear to be safe as his back-up is Kyle Allen, who should be no threat to replace him even if he struggles.

Rex Burkhead continues to be reliable and productive when he plays, and he not only ended up as the Texans’ leading rusher last year, outlasting three “real” running backs on the depth chart ahead of him to begin the season, he has done so again this year to at least begin the 2022 campaign. Fourth round rookie Dameon Pierce is supposedly nipping at Burkhead’s heels, but Rex’s solid all-around game has thus far prevailed.

Burkhead is now 32, but after rotting for four years in Cincinnati before wisely being signed by New England and being a solid contributor there, he still has tread left on his tires. If he hadn’t been nicked up so often as a Patriot, he might have registered one or two thousand yard rushing seasons to go along with his receiving talents.

After Burkhead and Mills, there’s little else to write about. Center Scott Quessenberry is the only other White starter while left tackle Charlie Heck, right tackle Austin Deculus, and center Justin Britt are back-ups, giving Houston just seven White players on offense.

On defense, tackle Kurt Hinish, OLBs Jake Hansen and Garret Wallow, and MLB Blake Cashman are back-ups. Cashman was projected to start for the Jets for a couple of seasons but couldn’t stay healthy.

WR Drew Estrada is on the practice squad, but he must be viewed as a potential WSTD/team mascot as he had just 30 career receptions at Baylor.

LT: Charlie Heck
C: Scott Quessenberry, Justin Britt
RT: Austin Deculus
QB: Davis Mills, Kyle Allen
RB: Rex Burkhead

DT: Kurt Hinish
OLB: Jake Hansen, Garret Wallow
MLB: Blake Cashman

Number of White starters: 3
Number of White players on 53 man roster: 13
Grade: F

P: Cameron Johnston
LS: Jon Weeks

Practice squad: WR Drew Estrada, C Jimmy Morrissey, QB Jeff Driskel, TE Mason Schreck, G Jordan Steckler

Back-up TE Teagan Quitoriano is currently on IR

NEP01

Guru
David Culley and Lovie Smith are two of the luckiest men in America. They both got 20+ million for one year of work due to the media's manufactured black head coach crisis.

The Texans stupidity is also incredible. If the only qualification to be the Texans coach is to be black, than they could have just kept Culley for a 2nd year and saved 22 million.

white is right

Hall of Famer
David Culley and Lovie Smith are two of the luckiest men in America. They both got 20+ million for one year of work due to the media's manufactured black head coach crisis.

The Texans stupidity is also incredible. If the only qualification to be the Texans coach is to be black, than they could have just kept Culley for a 2nd year and saved 22 million.
I agree it's a total AA joke off the fake crisis in coaching. Blacks have never been in such large numbers on coaching staffs and there are plethora of coordinators who make multiple millions a year. As many posters and a few brave pundits have stated being a coach is not the same thing as being a player so what percentage of the head coaches really need to be Black?

Smith who probably has a multiple year deal and can laugh all the way to the nearest barbershop where he can trim his "epic " beard.

wile

Master
For laughs a little bit of taunting them about their AA cluster we could get them to double down on fail, best I can do for you. Conservatives are desperate for "liberals" to agree with them, I want them to fail faster and harder.

Warhawk_46

Master
For laughs a little bit of taunting them about their AA cluster we could get them to double down on fail, best I can do for you. Conservatives are desperate for "liberals" to agree with them, I want them to fail faster and harder.
I am 100% of the same mindset as you. I enjoy them failing. They need to continue to fail as all out, absolute failure is the only thing that may stop their stranglehold on society.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Their failure makes for great schadenfreude but unfortunately the failures aren’t the ones charge, they are merely pawns with plenty of potential replacements