2022 French Open

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I would like to see Novak Djokovic stretch his Grand Slam titles to 21. Just because. :)

Naomi Osaka went down in the 1st round to Amanda Anisimova.

Iga Swiatek is on a roll, she has 29 match win streak after 1st round win.

Nadal has cruised in 1st round.

Tsonga lost, spoiling his farewell French Open.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I would like to see Novak Djokovic stretch his Grand Slam titles to 21. Just because. :)

Naomi Osaki went down in the 1st round to Amanda Anisimova.

Iga Swiatek is on a roll, she has 29 match win streak after 1st round win.

Nadal has cruised in 1st round.

Tsonga lost, spoiling his farewell French Open.
Maybe Osaka was too busy focusing on swimsuit modeling :vomiton22je: instead of tennis? She seems to be on a downward trajectory already. But then again what women’s player has had any staying power, other than the roided-up linebacker who used brut force to dominate for so long.

icsept

Master
I would love to see Novak win this tournament. He was wrongfully screwed out of the Australian Open, his best major. Nadal threw Novak under the bus, then stole the title. It’s only fitting for Novak to get the French this year. Otherwise, I’d like to see Medvedev win it. That would put more pressure on Wimbledon to lift it’s ridiculous ban on Russian players.

On the Women’s side, it is Polish superstar Iga Swiatek’s tournament to win. She is already into the 2nd round, riding a 29 match winning streak.

Jerry Reb

Mentor
Novak Djokovic wins his third-round match easily in straight sets, 6-3, 6-3, 6-2.

Iga Swiatek increases her streak to 30 with a 6-0, 6-2 victory over Alison Riske.

I was going to make a "God bless France" type comment for letting Russians and the unvaccinated play, but that would be like praising your adult child for being able to tie his shoes. Letting athletes play no matter what their nationality, political views, or personal medical choices should be the bare minimum to not be considered an enemy of human rights.

Stlouis

An all-European, all-white quarterfinal set is beginning in the men's singles: 2 from Spain, 2 from Russia(including Zverev who was born in Germany to Russian parents) and one each from Denmark, Norway, Serbia and Croatia. A couple of big names such as Medvedyev and Tsitsipas are missing, but there are 2 teenagers playing(Alcarez and Rune). Along with the big match with Djokovic/Nadal, there should be some other interesting matches now and in these semi- finals and final due to the youngsters.

icsept

Master
Just sat down to watch Djokovic v Nadal. Rafa’s up 6-2, 3-2. The longer this match goes, the more it favors Novak. Rafa has become increasingly OCD with his pre-serve routine and other on court habits. I’m definitely pulling for Novak, as I’ve always preferred his game . Especially since Rafa stole the Aussie Open and offered no support for Novak to be allowed to play.

icsept

Master
Djokovic wins the second set 6-4, and levels the match. These are brutal, long games This match looks to be a marathon. A super heavyweight match, for sure. Rafa played a 5 set match two days ago, while Novak won in straight sets.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Djokovic wins the second set 6-4, and levels the match. These are brutal, long games. This match looks to be a marathon. A super heavyweight match, for sure.

I used to like Nadal but not anymore. He was very cocky and sarcastic back before the Auesie Open speaking as a covid 19 salesman. He hangs out with guys from the WEF, Gates, Who, etc. Anyone in bed with the globalists
is not a guy I will root for anymore. Nadal is an amazing player but not a good person.

Let's Go Novak Djokovic! Great second set. Let's see two more straight sets to finish this. I can hope and dream but it probably won't be that easy as he is in a war with one of the greatest players ever.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Novak up a break in the 4th. Trying to level it again and force a 5th set.

icsept

Master
Nadal’s forehand is a lethal weapon. I like this tournament, because there are very few aces. The players have to earn very point.

icsept

Master
Nadal wins. He’s an absolute beast. There’s nobody left in the draw that can beat him here.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Nadal wins. He’s an absolute beast. There’s nobody left in the draw that can beat him here.
Yes he should win going away. Novak wasn't consistent enough with his shots. The best compliment I can say about him is he never beats himself.

PS I saw RJK Jr. in the stands, the one Kennedy who isn't a drunkart or womanizer.

Jerry Reb

Mentor
Djokovic was gracious in his loss. A class act all the way.

Only an evil person could hate him.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Djokovic was gracious in his loss. A class act all the way.

Only an evil person could hate him.
Indeed a class guy. He's younger than Nadal, so there's still a chance he may end up with more Grand Slams once all is said and done. I wish he would have won, but Nadal will have this stadium named after him one day, seriously. He owns the red clay there like no other person in any sport in history.

icsept

Master
Iga Swiatek and Coco Gauff easily into the women’s final. Swiatek is the top ranked player on a 34 match winning streak. Her game has no holes. Gauff, however, is a serious challenge. It should be a great finals match on Saturday.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Iga Swiatek and Coco Gauff easily into the women’s final. Swiatek is the top ranked player on a 34 match winning streak. Her game has no holes. Gauff, however, is a serious challenge. It should be a great finals match on Saturday.
I could easily see some Ukraine flag T-shirt-wearing lib scrambling and organizing groups to harass Swiatek around the clock so she gets no sleep or is unnerved so the magical raced player can win and keep the inherently evil race player from the trophy. It would only be "right" to him/her in their own mind.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
If I was in Vegas I would lay a little change on Swiatek. I can see her becoming one of the emerging superstars of tennis despite the media rooting against all the beautiful feminine white girls. She is an amazing player and very easy on the eyes!

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Let's hope Swiatek will be raising another trophy this weekend!
proxy-image

Last edited:

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
c4e6c4ab-3f1d-4db6-b3ac-3b32fef9eee2_DUB_5548.jpg

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
More highlights from throughout her awesome year: