2020 Track Season Results & News

greyghost

Mentor
Point of interest ...puma sponsoring Jan Volko and german Kevin Kranz ( dq in heat ) ....

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Mary Beth Price was a high school sprint sensation.
She went to sprint powerhouse Oregon, but had some difficulties and injuries, and quit the sport.
Last year, she made a good comeback at Colorado State in her final year of collegiate eligibility.
This is her first year competing as a pro.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Luca Lai, has been competing in the sprints as a serious hobby, while working as a nurse.
Now he has focused more on his sprinting and doing well.
He ran a PR of 6.65 a few weeks ago, and then his Euro leading 6.57 last weekend, which was run in a heat, not the final!
He skipped the final because he hurt his leg a little in his heat, crashing into the pads at the end of the track.
He will compete at the Italian Championships at the end of the month.

greyghost

Mentor
Thanks jacknyc.....Marybeth price is quite a talent ....great basic talent and a lot to work on ......reminds in shape of American grace upshaw ( 00s) ...by the time upshaw finished her career she was a world class long jumper ....

sprintstar

Mentor
Mary Beth Price(Sant) beat Hannah Cunliffe over 60m at the Armoury a few years ago, went to Oregon had leg issues was able to get back into sprinting again at Colorado Sate but has not achieved the same levels as before leg injury. Interestingly enough Cunliffe also suffered injuries to her leg(hamstrings) whilst at Oregon. Hannah also had hamstring issues while in senior year of high school.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Mary Beth Price(Sant) beat Hannah Cunliffe over 60m at the Armoury a few years ago, went to Oregon had leg issues was able to get back into sprinting again at Colorado Sate but has not achieved the same levels as before leg injury. Interestingly enough Cunliffe also suffered injuries to her leg(hamstrings) whilst at Oregon. Hannah also had hamstring issues while in senior year of high school.
Ah, the lovely MaryBeth. She dated Christian McCaffrey for a while.
upload_2020-2-5_10-3-10.png

greyghost

Mentor
Thanks sprintstar and football dad .....interesting information ......looks like she may find herself as a pro .( with back up and the right coach ) ...but one has to ask who was coaching them at Oregon ....one size Training system does not fit all .......also I think adidas might be giving her a modest sponsorship deal ..

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
In Ostrava (Czech Republic), good time by former junior star, Oliver Bromby:
60m 1 Oliver Bromby (gbr) 6.63; 2 Mario Burke (bar) 6.64; 3 Zdenek Stromsik 6.67; 4 Jan Veleba 6.68; 5 Kyle De Escofet (gbr) 6.72;

sprintstar

Mentor
Hannah Cunliffe is sponsored by Adidas as well. I cant remember the Head Coaches name at Oregon but he also coached Prandini, Dejah Stevens and a few others. If Price(Sant) had not injured her shins/leg she would be running sub 11 100's as well as sub 7.10 second 60's. As a high schooler she ran a 11.25 100m which is smokin' fast for 5'1" high school girl.

greyghost

Mentor
Wow ....11.25 at 5,1 in high school ...that's exceptional ......good that she left Oregon ....it's allowed her to see where she could go from elsewhere .....always feel annoyed when we'll paid college coaches don't take each athlete on their own terms ..........good that boling is gone to Georgia .....their coaching staff allow their athletes to develope .....as patience is the key when coaching ........decathletes , So boling will benefit will benefit in that his coaches have a different mindset on developement as a sprinter i.e. He will not be horse whipped like so many athletes that say come out of Arkansas ...or other so called big schools ....also feel it's good that his coaches remain white .....as I have a feeling many a white American sprinter has been stifled by the caste system and indeed rascist black coaches .....

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I've said it before and I will say it again. Rohan Browning is the real deal. As talented as Jack Hale is, he does not have that swagger about him like Browning does. Then head to head Rohan Browning wins almost every single time. I cheer for both of these guys. I just think Browning is as close to a sure thing Australia has had since Matt Shirvington. He is almost at his level. Browning has a p.b. of 10.08 from last year. Shirvo went sub 10.10 several times and had a fantastic career. I think Browning can take that to another level. To reprove my point, this race is from 3 years ago with no wind after a false start
and he still destroyed the top competition of Jack Hale and Trae Brown.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Anyone know if Devin Quinn is doing an indoor season ?

As far as I know he was skipping the indoor season this yeer. He is training full time in Florida at the moment to try and be ready
for the outdoors season and hopefully gettting that sub 10 and maybe a trip to Tokyo.

I'm worried that Teeters has quit. He might be doing the same thing as Quinn but I would hate to see him give up with his immense talent!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Julian Reus wins today running a very fast time of 6'60! This guy has always raced very fast year after year. He almost in his mid 30's now so his chase
for the Olympics and sub 10's are most likely in the rear view mirror. The sad thing is that he has a p.b. of 6.52 in the 60 and 10.01 in the 100 meters. We must
have at least 5 -7 white sprinters around the world just in the last decade hit a time of 10.00 or 10.01 and that was it. Talk about the ultimate tease for athletes
who spend 1500 to 2000 hours a year in training only to come up short by an eye lash. Glad to see Reus still running though and a 6'60 puts him
near the top of the European Indoor 60 Meters Leaderboard so far this year.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
(Current White Sprinters so close to that magical sub 10)

Richard Kilty 10.01
Emilie Erasmus 10.01
John Teeters 10.00
Devin Quinn 10.01
Julian Reus 10.01

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
here's a few more for that "oh so close" list:

Ryoto Yamagata 10.00 (0.2)
Peimeng Zhang 10.00 (0.4)
Koji Ito 10.00 (1.9)
Marian Woronin 10.00 (2.0) - although I have doubts about this one
Pietro Mennea 10.01 (0.9)
honourable mentions - Ronald Desruelles 10.02 (1.2) and Nobuharu Asahara 10.02 (2.0)

white lightning

Hall of Famer
here's a few more for that "oh so close" list:

Ryoto Yamagata 10.00 (0.2)
Peimeng Zhang 10.00 (0.4)
Koji Ito 10.00 (1.9)
Marian Woronin 10.00 (2.0) - although I have doubts about this one
Pietro Mennea 10.01 (0.9)
honourable mentions - Ronald Desruelles 10.02 (1.2) and Nobuharu Asahara 10.02 (2.0)

There are others too. You forgot Matt Shirvington with his 10.03 with no wind for the most part. My list
was of current white sprinters who are still competeting. Quinn is the only one though with plenty of time
to achieve it as his professional careeer has just started. Not sure if Teeters is till running on not? Hope so.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Cole Beck, won an invitational meet in Virginia today, 6.77.
Is he still a running back at Virginia Tech?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Cole Beck, won an invitational meet in Virginia today, 6.77.
Is he still a running back at Virginia Tech?
he later ran a 6.65 to place second in the final. that time is #3 in VA Tech history and was his second PR of the day (if i understand correctly).