2018 Season news

sprintstar

Mentor
Hannah Cunliffe placed 5th of 6 in the 150m at the Boston Boost Games, her time was 16.95, John Teeters also ran the 150m in the B group and placed 3rd of 3 in 15.78 a relatively slow time. Not good showings from our sprinters, I hope these races were being used as training.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
To add to that over in England at the street races, Richard Kilty finished 2nd in a time of 10.33

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm excited for the World Under 20 Championships coming up in a little over a months time. It will be hosted
by Finland so we get to see the emerging kid wonder Samuel Purola try to reach the medal stand. The only European kid I can
see beating him is F. Tortu of Italy. It's gonna be fun to watch. Remember that Purola will probably be the youngest
sprinter in the finals at ony 18 so the sky is the limit for him. Should be some fireworks in front of his home country!

https://www.iaaf.org/news/iaaf-news/world-u20-championships-tampere-2018-bulletin

MrPoon

Mentor
5b02f1cd84f25.image.jpg

COATESVILLE >> Austin Kratz broke a 37-year-old record in the 100-meter dash on Friday, then came back on Saturday and broke a 37-year-old record in the 200.

He anchored the first-place 4x100 relay and also took home the gold in the long jump.

http://www.montgomerynews.com/sport...cle_ed61f867-d018-5995-8c7f-c10d16ff6cf9.html
Long before all that, the best sprinter and jumper in Dock history did some pretty nice recruiting.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Ramil Guliyev ran 10.11 (1.1w) in Turkey, and Jan Volko 10.25 (0.6w) in Prague.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ramil Guliyev ran 10.11 (1.1w) in Turkey, and Jan Volko 10.25 (0.6w) in Prague.

Ramil Guliyev simply blows me away that he runs consistant fast times in the 100 meters despite having a below average start and drive phase in my opinion. Rocket Ramil like Lemaitre is not a good starter but a great 2nd half of the race sprinter. Despite this he is a sub 10/sub 20 guy like Lemaitre and he consistently runs better times than Lemaitre on the average. I love Christophe but Guliyev is a better guy over the long haul as he trains harder, races more and competes against the best out there. Note to Lemaitre if he ever wants to improve again!

As for Jan Volko. that is a good starting point to build a base on. It was his first race. I love the kid and I expect him to go
sub 10.10 this summer!

sprintstar

Mentor
just watched the race, his form while sprinting is beautiful, total control. He will hopefully go sub 10 soon.

sprintstar

Mentor
Shae Anderson Oregon qualifies for next round NCAA West Preliminaries women's 400m she ran 52.60 to win her heat, her time was 4th overall

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
At the NCAA West Regionals:
Devin Quinn was the 6th fastest qualifier with a 10.28 100m.
David Kendziera was the fastest qualifier at the same meet in the 110m hurdles, 13.60. Luke Siedhoff was 4th fastest, 13.72.
Emma Spagnola was the 5th fastest qualifier in the women's hurdles, 13.07.

Spagnola and Kendziera both also qualified easily in the 400m Hurdles, and Devin Quinn won his 200m qualifying heat in 20.67.

Last edited:

sprintstar

Mentor
Shae Anderson does not advance out of qualifying round. Stephanie Cho, a friend of my youngest daughter advanced to Eugene in the women's 400mh

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
David Kendziera won the quarter-finals at the NCAA West Regional meet in the 110m hurdles, 13.40. Luke Siedhoff was 5th, 13.72.
Devin Quinn was the 3rd fastest qualifier in the 200m, 20.63.

Last edited:

sprintstar

Mentor
Warholm and Tortu/Guliyev race today in the 400mh and 100m respectively at the Rome DL. Here's hoping they all do well!

mastermulti

Master
They did very well.
Warholm 2nd in a PB sub 48 and Tortu beating Coleman for 3rd in 10.04 (-0.4).
Guliyev a bit average in 10.19 after a poor 200 last week with a strapped knee. Maybe he's missed a little training due to injury management. Not too bad though.

If he races fairly often this season and stays healthy Tortu looks a sub 10 with nice legal conditions. He was only 2/100ths behind European season leader Vicaut.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
For F. Tortu to be consistently running times like this is a confidence booster for sure. He is 19 and yet he is already
racing some of the worlds elite sprinters and he is right there with them. Todays race was even more impressive being
that he ran into a slightly negative wind. He might so sub 10 all on his own power. With wind he should run a sub 10
easily. I just hope he isn't overracing at such a young age. He has to be one of the favorites for the European champs in the 100
meters at the moment.

elispeedster

Mentor
For F. Tortu to be consistently running times like this is a confidence booster for sure. He is 19 and yet he is already
racing some of the worlds elite sprinters and he is right there with them. Todays race was even more impressive being
that he ran into a slightly negative wind. He might so sub 10 all on his own power. With wind he should run a sub 10
easily. I just hope he isn't overracing at such a young age. He has to be one of the favorites for the European champs in the 100
meters at the moment.

The 200 is his better race according to himself and his father coach. Tortu is the real deal.

sprintstar

Mentor
Georganne Moline wins the womens 400mh and the wanker british commentator didnt even realize she was ahead until the 300m mark, he was too busy licking Mohameds shoelaces! lol What a wanker!!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Warholm 2nd in a PB sub 48 and Tortu beating Coleman for 3rd in 10.04 (-0.4) ...

If he races fairly often this season and stays healthy Tortu looks a sub 10 with nice legal conditions. He was only 2/100ths behind European season leader Vicaut.

i watched these two races, and both show terrific potential. Warholm was well away from the field, until he tied up with about 100 meters to go. he’s put himself in place to challenge for the world title with a bit more conditioning, i think.

Tortu was closing rapidly on Vicaut, and the youngster would likely have nipped him had it been a 105 or 110 meter race. that being said, both were clearly not challenging for the win today. as far as i’m concerned, though, there’s nothing but bright skies ahead for the fleet-footed Italian. at only 19, he’s been 10.0* two races in a row now and is clearly on a path to set the Italian record and dip under 10 flat this season. also, if i recall correctly, he’s still eligible to compete in the U20 World Championships and may be in line for a record there, as well.