2018 MLB Season

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Bumping this thread. I'm surprised at the lack of activity since both the NL and AL series are tight. Good thing the Dodgers won in 13 last night. They would not likely have come back from down 3 - 1 in the series.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Ok, well we've got a new AL Champ. Boston knocks off the Astros in five games. In convincing fashion tonight 4-1 in Houston no less.

Dodgers have a chance to close out their series tomorrow night but it's in Milwaukee. Ain't gonna be easy.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Ok, well we've got a new AL Champ. Boston knocks off the Astros in five games. In convincing fashion tonight 4-1 in Houston no less.

Dodgers have a chance to close out their series tomorrow night but it's in Milwaukee. Ain't gonna be easy.

Should be a helluva matchup tonight!

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Freese leads off with solo shot for Dodgers!

Brew Crew respond with 4 runs in Bottom of 1st! Moustakas with an RBI Double and Kratz with a RBI Single. Milwaukee has another pitcher who can swing the bat in Wade Miley.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Yelich with a Double followed by Braun RBI. Brewers up 5-1.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Well, it all comes down to Game 7 Saturday night.

I'm hoping for a Dodgers win but not counting on it. If they're sent packing maybe the end of a run for them. In sports, I'm a pessimist and I'd rather expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised! :)

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
Looks like the Dodgers my boy hood team will be in the WS.!

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Looks like the Dodgers my boy hood team will be in the WS.!

Great how they did this on the road in Game 7!
Now, they just need to take care of business against Boston! Go Big Blue!!

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Ok guys, Game 1 tonight at 8:09 EST in Boston. I'm pulling for the Dodgers as I did last year. This may be an even better chance for them. However, I would be interested your thoughts on the 2-3-2 format. Could it actually favor the Dodgers? Maybe I'm just trying to stay positive. Opinions welcome...

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Ok guys, Game 1 tonight at 8:09 EST in Boston. I'm pulling for the Dodgers as I did last year. This may be an even better chance for them. However, I would be interested your thoughts on the 2-3-2 format. Could it actually favor the Dodgers? Maybe I'm just trying to stay positive. Opinions welcome...
No doubt. Definitely the Dodgers, although I like Andrew Benintendi a lot. I'll be pulling for LA. The 2-3-2 format could go either way. If you're at home first, take the first two and you're coming back no matter what. However, if you can get one away, you can finish it at home. But if I had my choice, I would like to start at home.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
No doubt. Definitely the Dodgers, although I like Andrew Benintendi a lot. I'll be pulling for LA. The 2-3-2 format could go either way. If you're at home first, take the first two and you're coming back no matter what. However, if you can get one away, you can finish it at home. But if I had my choice, I would like to start at home.
Andrew Benintendi RBI single off of Kershaw. Boston leads early, 2-0. Chris Sale pitching for the Red Sox.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Andrew Benintendi RBI single off of Kershaw. Boston leads early, 2-0. Chris Sale pitching for the Red Sox.
Well, not quite what I was looking for in the first game, with the Red Sox winning game 1 and Barnes getting the win. Chris Sale left the game with the scored tied 3-3. Kershaw took the loss for LA.
For the Red Sox, Benintendi had a great night going 4-5, D, and scored 3 runs.
For the Dodgers, other than Justin Turner going 3-5 and 1 one scored, there wasn't much else. David Freese did go 2-3, Muncy, 1-2. 1 run scored.
Interesting that NLCS MVP Cody Bellinger did not start?

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Nuts! I just watched the longest game I personally ever stuck around for as the Dodgers won 3-2 off a solo homer by Muncy in the bottom of the 18th!!! Nuts! 7 hr and 23 min game... If the Dodgers hadn't won they'd be pretty much toast and down 3 - 0. Gotta keep it going!

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nuts! I just watched the longest game I personally ever stuck around for as the Dodgers won 3-2 off a solo homer by Muncy in the bottom of the 18th!!! Nuts! 7 hr and 23 min game... If the Dodgers hadn't won they'd be pretty much toast and down 3 - 1. Gotta keep it going!

I never thought I would see a game crazier than Game 5 of the 2017 World Series between Houston and L.A. but this game beat it. So much drama. Wow what an incredible game. That relief pitcher for Boston in extra innings threw heat like Nolan Ryan and outside of the walkoff was amazing. Epic win by the Dodgers but they still trail 2-1. It would be great to see this series go 6 or 7 games.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Boston may have tired pitchers today. Hopefully, the Dodger jump on them tonight and tie up the series. BTW, for caste accounting. The Dodgers have one black starter Yusil Pulig. The rest palefaces. The incredible game last night. Over at 1230 am west coast time. I wonder were the bars opened in Boston at 330 pm?

Westside

Hall of Famer
What do you consider Machado and Hernandez? Hernandez started for Bellinger in games 1 and 2. Why? I don't know. Bellinger was the NLCS MVP!
Machado from 20 feet passed the eye test. LOL

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just looked up Hernandez image. He passes the 30-foot test. Most likely a mestizo. NOT Black.

Riggins44

Master
What a game last night. A classic.

The Dodgers starting lineup in Game 4 has 7/9 overachivers. Let's go Dodgers!!!

Westside

Hall of Famer
Steve Pearce had an incredible game to carry Boston one game from the winning the WS.

Flint

Mentor
Darn. Red Sox win the series. It was inevitable after the Dodgers choked away a 4 run lead yesterday. Man the Dodgers were a very white team. Even the Hispanics were from the right side of the gene pool. It's been 30 years since they won. That's amazing considering what a solid organization they have been.