2017 New York Jets

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Jets are perennially one of the blackest teams in the NFL and this year is no different. It's hard to believe the Jets were a 10-6 team just 2 years ago, the 1st season under negro HC Todd Bowles. Maybe all of the brothas played harder under one of their own that year? Last season, the allure wore off and it was back to being a poor team. After selling off nearly every decent players, Bowles may have to resort to sacrificing a goat or some pre-game zulu war dancing to motivate this dark hoard of scrubby players. Somehow I don't think the "stoic" HC is up for that task.

todd-bowles-nfl-preseason-philadelphia-eagles-new-york-jets-850x560.jpg

Caption: "Look serious so everyone thinks you know what the hell is going on"

For the record, I think that Bowles is a decent guy but in over his head as a head coach.

The Jets have a trio of White QBs whom the media loves to dump on. The starter will be 38 year old journeyman Josh McCown. McCown is the placeholder until Brice Petty returns from injury and Petty maybe the placeholder for a 2018 high draft pick like Darnold or Allen. In fairness, I think Petty has some legit talent and was performing rather well in the preseason. I'd like to see him given a long audition this year and run with the job. The 3rd QB is Christian Hackenberg who the Jew York media love to hate and DWFs love to deride. I'd love to see him silence his critics but he honestly has not looked good since his freshman year at Penn St.

The only other reason to tune into the Jets this year would be if rookie WR Chad Henson gets some serious snaps. The young talent, who blew up in his only year at Cal, is currently listed as 2nd string. Not bad and with Robbie Anderson and Jermaine Kearse in front of him, the opportunity is there to play his way into a major role.

On defense, the Jets are comically dark. Hopefully this bunch will get shredded each week with no Whitey to blame.

White men on the 53 (starters in bold)

QB: Josh McCown, Brice Petty, Christian Hackenberg
FB: Julian Howsare
WR: Chad Hansen
TE: Eric Tomlinson
OL: Wesley Johnson (C), Brian Winters (G), Brent Qvale (T)

LB: Dylan Donahue

ST: Chandler Catanzaro (K), Lac Edwards (P), Thomas Hennessy (LS)

PS: Ben Braden (G), Geoff Gray (G)

Total Whites: 13 out of 53 (25%); 5 White starters out of 22 (23%)

Grade: F+

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
For what it's worth:

Coach Todd Bowles said Monday that Chad Hansen will see an increased role in the wake of Jeremy Kerley's four-game suspension, Andy Vasquez of The Bergen Record reports. A 2017 fourth-round pick, Hansen has yet to make his presence felt on offense. While he's likely to be more of a depth receiver over the next four games, Hansen will be an injury away from being thrown into the fire.

Originally posted this in the NFL week 10 thread, but figured this needs more context!
"Week 10's top performer for me was Chad Hansen, just because I was starting to think he wouldn't see enough PT to catch anything this season. Who would've thought before the season started that it would take Hansen this long to snag his first career reception!? Hansen ended with 3 rec for 33 yards vs the Bucs, and hopefully this game marks the beginning of a great career for him."

Imo Chad Hansen was the best white "Outside" WR in the 2017 draft class, even better than Cooper Kupp! My reasoning is because Hanson played in the Pac-12, and Kupp played in the Big Sky, there's a big difference of talent between those 2. I Can't really say if Hansen was better than Ryan Switzer or Trent Taylor because they were Slot guys that had different play-styles. Anyways the point is fellow rookies Kupp, Switzer, and Taylor all 3 already play important roles, and have emerged as legit weapons for their respective Teams! So why hasn't Hansen done ****, he has the same amount of "talent" as those guys if not more??

My logic says apparently the Jets have a bad-ass WR corps (their terrible), because for over half the season they acted like they had no need for help at WR by ignoring their 2017 4th round pick who has good size 6'2, 4.5 speed, and recorded 92 rec for 1,249 yards and 11 TD's his Sr. season at a Pac-12 school. The thing is the Jets WR corps is actually full of no-name scrubs, that badly need's a play-maker. Their top scrub and leading receiver is Jermaine Kearse a 6th year un-drafted player who has never caught more than 600 rec yards in a season. That right there demonstrates how badly they've needed Chad Hansen this season. IDK why they just decided now to throw Hansen in there this late and with their season likely done for. I just hope we have a future Star in our hands here!!!

Last edited: Today at 12:03 AM

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The good news is the Jets finally gave Chad Hansen significant playing time in Week 10, as he was on the field for an impressive 70% of snaps and made 3 catches. The bad news is that the Jets converted him into a slot receiver. Hansen has the size and speed of a classic outside receiver and excels in that role. Absolutely absurd, but unfortunately it's a routine Caste System maneuver when it comes to White outside receivers. Same thing happened to Cooper Kupp this year.

With Jeremy Kerley serving the first game of his four-game NFL suspension, rookie wideout Chad Hansen took 70% of the offensive snaps against the Buccaneers and registered his first three career receptions for 33 yards.

“It’s huge for my confidence,” Hansen said on Inside the Jets with Eric Allen and Bart Scott. “I think it’s also huge for the confidence of [quarterback] Josh McCown and all the coaches to have in me. I think I went out there, showed that I could play and that the moment wasn’t too big. I think that’s a good base to build off of and hopefully it’s just up from here.”

The 2017 fourth-round pick has patiently awaited his opportunity as Kerley has been the primary slot receiver since he rejoined the Green & White in September. For the majority of his collegiate career, Hansen lined up outside the numbers. But he’s embracing the challenges of life in the slot.

“The coverages are all different based on being inside versus outside,” said Hansen, who tallied 92 receptions for 1,249 yards and 11 touchdowns his senior year at California. “As a receiver on the outside, you know the corner is the guy that’s covering you. On the inside, you have to recognize if it’s the safety, the outside linebacker or something like that. You have to be able to read that and react off that. The other thing is being able to work in space and in tight places. That’s something you have to learn being a slot receiver and it’s definitely different.”

The 6’1”, 202-pounder provides a big body in the slot as opposed to a smaller, fast-twitch player. . .
blah blah blah

full article: http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Moment-Wasn’t-Too-Big-for-WR-Chad-Hansen/da2a00e8-3379-48a1-a4e7-a7400850ec8a

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Just watched a spectacular highlight video 0f Chad Hansen. I thought maybe y'all were a little racist favoring a White man like that. After seeing the evidence, y'all speak the truth!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Yes, I'm the same man. I think I'll start commenting again.
Awesome!

I’m not sure if you realize how many times your ironclad rule has been referenced in the time you’ve been away. You truly left a mark.

TomIron361

Mentor
Awesome!

I’m not sure if you realize how many times your ironclad rule has been referenced in the time you’ve been away. You truly left a mark.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks much, It is amazing that the Jets seem to be able to make a mess of things over all these years. Now with the black coach for another year, it'll be the same.

TomIron361

Mentor
Same old Jets, they sign Bridgewater with a bum knee and a washed up journeyman qb and have never given the two young White qb's on the roster a real chance.

TomIron361

Mentor
Well, the Jets got a good looking QB in the first round. Let's see how they go about lousing the guy up.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Well, the Jets got a good looking QB in the first round. Let's see how they go about lousing the guy up.
Hahaha, Tom your presence here was missed these last few years.

As a lifelong, born and raised New Yorker it’s a tradition to watch the Jets swing and miss at finding a franchise quarterback. I hope that this is the time they finally buck that trend. Trump won a seemingly impossible election so anything is possible.