2017-2018 NHL Season

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Washington played a tremendous game tonight to get the win and send it to a Game 7 on Wednesday in Tampa. If the Capitals can win Game 7 on the road and make to the finals they'll continue to exorcise the ghosts that have haunted them as winning Game 7s has not exactly been their forte. Should be a great game to watch.

Last edited:

Riggins44

Master
Well the Capitals rose to the occasion and dominated the Lightning in Tampa Bay, winning 4-0. Braden Holtby was outstanding in goal as be records his second shutout in a row. Tampa Bay in fact scored their last goal of the series in the second period of Game 5. Alex Ovechkin scored the first goal for Washington, and then Andrei Burakovsky scored on two breakaways in the second period, and then Nicholas Backstrom scored an empty netter to ice it. Tom Wilson got into a fight in the first period which earned him a five-minute major but showed Tampa Bay that the Caps were not going to back down. The Capitals advance to the Finals for the second time in franchise history and the first time since 1998.

Game 1 of the Finals is Monday Night in Vegas. Should be a fantastic series. The fact that Vegas is in the Stanley Cup Finals in their first year as a franchise is incredible.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's a great matchup. Washington, a team that has never won the Stanley Cup and has suffered endless heartbreak in the playoffs, against an expansion team trying to win it in their first season. Vegas will probably be the betting favorite, given they only played 15 games so far to win three series, another remarkable accomplishment.

The Capitals look like a team of destiny, but the Golden Knights have been playing almost like a machine. Hopefully the TV ratings are high, but I don't trust the fake news media to give honest viewer counts when it comes to hockey.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Go Capitals. I'm finding it a little too convenient that Vegas makes Stanley Cup Finals in their 1st year, the same the week they announce sports betting is now legal. Not to go all Bigunreal on everyone lol.

Riggins44

Master
Go Capitals. I'm finding it a little too convenient that Vegas makes Stanley Cup Finals in their 1st year, the same the week they announce sports betting is now legal. Not to go all Bigunreal on everyone lol.

Ha ha, yeah no kidding about Vegas.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Actually I like Wilson. Not when he broke the jaw of a Penguins player, but he's a very tough young alpha male, the kind of player you love when he's on your team.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Pittsburgh market leads surprisingly strong TV ratings for Stanley Cup playoffs

This year's Stanley Cup playoffs, by rights, should have been a disaster for NBC. The two teams that advanced to the final series, Washington and Vegas, come from the seventh and 40th-largest television markets in the country.

Teams from the top five markets – New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia and Dallas – either didn't make the playoffs or were quickly dispatched in the first round. Teams from traditionally strong hockey regions – Boston, Minnesota, Buffalo and Pittsburgh – either didn't qualify or were out by the end of the second round.

Surprisingly, NBC reported Thursday that through three rounds, this year's playoffs are the most watched in the past 21 years. NBC has averaged 1.206 million viewers per game, the most since ESPN and Fox averaged 1.237 million in 1997 and 7 percent more than last season's 1.129 million average.

Even though the Penguins were bounced in the second round, Pittsburgh remains the top market in the country with a 4.21 rating, leading Vegas (3.17), Buffalo (2.95), Nashville (2.52), Tampa (2.41) and Washington (2.11).

“I think it's a sign of how much this sport has grown and all the great things the NHL has done to make the product better each year,” NBC Sports executive producer Sam Flood said. “The on-ice product has never been better. The drama on the ice, the action, the physical play has been top-notch, and I love what our guys do calling the games.

full article: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins...ly-strong-tv-ratings-for-stanley-cup-playoffs

Riggins44

Master
Maybe part of it is that many people are sick of the ghetto, black-dominated, anti-white, NWO-agenda NFL and NBA and want to watch a sport dominated by whites that is also exciting and fun to watch.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Was watching the first round of the NHL draft tonight in Dallas, tuned in about halfway through the first round. Great to see nothing but White fans, and every team's head honchos march up to the podium to announce the pick, shaking hands with the puke Gary Bettman on the way, gee all are White men. No wonder ESPN and the rest of the communist media hates hockey so much. I can't remember the last time I saw so many White men to the exclusion of the magical minorities and feminists who are replacing them.

The NBC announcers, who are globalists but also pretend xenophobes when it comes to promoting mindless "USA USA" stupidity, were exalting that 6 of the first 22 picks were Americans. Six out of 22 from a country of 300 million people which has 23 of the 31 NHL franchises is hardly anything to brag about, but hey anything for the fake news media to spew forth their pseudo-patriotism.

Pick 22 was defenseman K'Andre Miller, who as his name would indicate is black, or at least partly-black. The Rangers traded up to get him. What was different from his selection than the way the others were covered was how NBC concentrated on his White parents, especially mom. Apparently K'Andre is another Colin Kaepernick, a light-skinned black kid adopted by a White family. Mom shed tears after he was selected, hardly unique as many family members did the same when their son/brother/boyfriend was selected, but she alone was focused on and then interviewed. Quite pathetic, but hopefully some more people can see the blatant agenda at work.

All in all, with one exception a sea of baby-faced White kids from Canada, the U.S. and Europe being drafted who have intact, supportive families.

Last edited:

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Was watching the first round of the NHL draft tonight in Dallas, tuned in about halfway through the first round. Great to see nothing but White fans, and every team's head honchos march up to the podium to announce the pick, shaking hands with the puke Gary Bettman on the way, gee all are White men. No wonder ESPN and the rest of the communist media hates hockey so much. I can't remember the last time I saw so many White men to the exclusion of the magical minorities and feminists who are replacing them.

The NBC announcers, who are globalists but also pretend xenophobes when it comes to promoting mindless "USA USA" stupidity, were exalting that 6 of the first 22 picks were Americans. Six out of 22 from a country of 300 million people which has 23 of the 31 NHL franchises is hardly anything to brag about, but hey anything for the fake news media to spew forth their pseudo-patriotism.

Pick 22 was defenseman K'Andre Miller, who as his name would indicate is black, or at least partly-black. The Rangers traded up to get him. What was different from his selection than the way the others were covered was how NBC concentrated on his White parents, especially mom. Apparently K'Andre is another Colin Kaepernick, a light-skinned black kid adopted by a White family. Mom shed tears after he was selected, hardly unique as many family members did the same when their son/brother/boyfriend was selected, but she alone was focused on and then interviewed. Quite pathetic, but hopefully some more people can see the blatant agenda at work.

All in all, with one exception a sea of baby-faced White kids from Canada, the U.S. and Europe being drafted who have intact, supportive families.

Great to hear the League is still going in the right direction. And I would bet even the lib Canadians smell a rat when "the agenda" is thrown out there in such an obvious way.

It's gonna be about the only team sport I'll be watching in the foreseeable future.