2015 Atlanta Falcons

Upside

Mentor
Projected Defensive Starters:

First off, I'm not terribly sure if the Falcons will run a 3-4 or a 4-3. They appear to have the personnel for a 3-4, but every site I've seen has them running a 4-3.
Last season, Kroy Biermann and Paul Worrilow were the best and most productive players on defense, but I'm having trouble seeing how Biermann will fit in the starting lineup, with the addition of Brooks Reed in free agency and Vic Beasley in the draft. I don't see Biermann as a 4-3 LB, likewise I don't think he's heavy enough to play 3-4 DE. Personally, I see Beasley as strictly a situational pass rusher, but again, every publication I've seen, has him starting. Reed is a lock to start, but not sure if he'll play inside or outside. He's always been an OLB, but I've read where he can play inside 3-4 if needed. However, the Falcons did (foolishly) pay Justin Durant $22 million, so they'll likely work him into the lineup as well.

4-3

Beasley--Soliai--Jackson--Biermann
Reed--Worrilow--Durant

3-4

Clayborn--Soliai--Jackson
Reed--Durant--Worrilow--Biermann/Beasley

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I'm interested to see how Paul Worrilow plays this year. He's one of the best young linebackers in the game and should only get better.

Whether the Falcons play a 4-3 or 3-4 I expect him to start.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Falcons are bringing in Jake Long for a workout Thursday.