2014 SMU Mustangs

Stevo

It looks as though SMU is remaining steady at 9 white starters. For the past two years, they have started 9 whites and it remains that way this year. However, Zach Line's younger Brother, Prescott, is starting at RB. So while they have the same 6 whites starting again on offense, they have a White in a castebusting position. Normally, I am indifferent about 9 white player teams, I'll support them over coal black teams but they wouldn't be my first choice to support overall. However, it is definitely in our interests to see Line and this nearly all white O-Line succeed this year. Also, on defense it looks like we will see a majority white D-Line as they will be playing out of the 3-4 Defense with two white D-Ends. I think we should definitely support teams like SMU over teams like Houston and USF in their conference.

Offense

QB-Neal Burcham

RB-Prescott Line

LG-Seaver Meyers

C-Taylor Lasecki

RG- Daniel McCarty

RT- Kris Weeks

Defense

LDE- Beau Barnes

RDE-Zach Wood

OLB- John Bordano

Notable Subs

LT- Bozidar Antunovic (3rd Year Transfer who has previously competed for Serbia in 2012 European Championship for Shot Put). He is 2nd string to black LT Chauncey Briggs at the moment. Hopefully he gets some game time. I have no doubt if he were black with his size(6'5 280 Pounds), and his prestigious athletic pedigree, he would have a spot on the line. Unfortunately, it is especially difficult to replace a black starter, especially if you are a European with all the stereotypes of them being "soft"(though I think Margus Hunt disproved that). It is interesting that SMU has picked up another eastern European track star. It will be interesting to see if this becomes a regular thing to recruit more former track stars from Eastern Euro countries.

WR- Stephen Nelson. 2nd string "flanker" Wide Receiver. He might get some time in some 5- wide receiver sets or 4- Wide Receiver sets if one of the receivers gets injured.

OLB- Derek Longoria. Of all the white subs, he seems to have the best chance of getting some reps as they are limited depth at Left OLB. I expect to see him in some formations throughout the season, but not starting.

FS- Hayden Greenbauer. 2nd String FS, apparently last years write up said he was a starter, but he has been replaced by a black free safety in his last year. He seems to be the only white in an all black secondary(though this is better than many other "Southern" teams).

* Other White Subs include Third String Wide Receiver Aaron Stafford. Also all 2nd string OL is white except for the backup center who is Mestizo(Chamagua). Andrew McCleneghen, who started at DE the beginning of last year is now 3rd String.

Last edited: