2013 NFL Week 13

backrow

Hall of Famer
we start off on Thanksgiving with Lions - Packers, or should i say Nelson - Durham?

other two games today don't hold much interest to me, tbh.

TBProdigy

Guru
Beat me to it, was going to make this since I didn't see one.

Flynn is a solid progression reading QB that should connect with Nelson big tonight. Clay is getting back to his best right now and will terrorize the Detroit O-Line. Few bright spots in the early game, however...

I'm particularly looking forward to the Steelers Ravens game, should be a high scoring affair with both teams utilizing their talent stacked rosters.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Packers starting 8 on offense, can Flynn get the ball to Nelson? it's been a while and he's overdue for a big game! first completion was a crucial converted (albeit only 9 yard) catch on a 3rd down.

TBProdigy

Guru
I think JJ is the only guy you can truly make a case for taking over Clay if you had the choice

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Somebody has been in the eggnog already. :smiley:

Quiet Speed

Mentor
That was a beautifully done national anthem by 13 year old Jackie Evancho! Very talented young lady.

dwid

Hall of Famer
did anyone catch Hawk running step for step w Reggie Bush? unfortunately it was a great pass right on the money that would have been almost impossible for a db to defend.

theres been a ton of no call pi on Nelson which seems to have increased over the past few weeks, I originally thought his slow down in states was directly related to Rodgers being out but after rewatching the games, I think the closer he was getting to a monster season the more they allowed this kind of thing to happen. I think Rodgers being out doesn't help but he could still be putting up big stats each week, I think it would just take some more targets because the backups aren't as accurate as Rodgers.

also using him more as a possession receiver than the deep threat he is, but that could just be an indication on his versatility. His big season he had 47 first downs on 68 catches, he has 42 on 61 catches in 11 games (he had 15 tds on those 68 catches, he has about half that with 7 right now)

Ugh I can't stand how our guys have to serve racial apprenticeships, I think a big thing that winds up happening with this, is White guys are left out of the all time record books. He is 28 now and only really got to start 3 years ago at 26, the same age as Welker. Hopefully he can keep cranking out the yards. Welker is top 50 at number 47 right now, 9249 but was the focal part of the offense for several years, Nelson isn't targeted as much, and neither is Welker now with the Broncos. If Welker got to start earlier he would probably be closer to top 30.

Nelson has a bigger ladder to climb with 4223 right now. I think he could have easily gotten 1600 this year which would have given him a bigger boost. 1800 wouldn't be a stretch either. He is a guy that should be getting at least 1200 to 1400 a year, so maybe he can crack the 10k point in his career.

Last edited:

Finn_Track

theres been a ton of no call pi on Nelson which seems to have increased over the past few weeks, I originally thought his slow down in states was directly related to Rodgers being out but after rewatching the games, I think the closer he was getting to a monster season the more they allowed this kind of thing to happen. I think Rodgers being out doesn't help but he could still be putting up big stats each week, I think it would just take some more targets because the backups aren't as accurate as Rodgers.

Atleast Aikman just acknowledged all the PI on Nelson today.

TBProdigy

Guru
did anyone catch Hawk running step for step w Reggie Bush? unfortunately it was a great pass right on the money that would have been almost impossible for a db to defend.

also using him more as a possession receiver than the deep threat he is, but that could just be an indication on his versatility. His big season he had 47 first downs on 68 catches, he has 42 on 61 catches in 11 games (he had 15 tds on those 68 catches, he has about half that with 7 right now)

Ugh I can't stand how our guys have to serve racial apprenticeships, I think a big thing that winds up happening with this, is White guys are left out of the all time record books. He is 28 now and only really got to start 3 years ago at 26, the same age as Welker. Hopefully he can keep cranking out the yards. Welker is top 50 at number 47 right now, 9249 but was the focal part of the offense for several years, Nelson isn't targeted as much, and neither is Welker now with the Broncos. If Welker got to start earlier he would probably be closer to top 30.

Nelson has a bigger ladder to climb with 4223 right now. I think he could have easily gotten 1600 this year which would have given him a bigger boost. 1800 wouldn't be a stretch either. He is a guy that should be getting at least 1200 to 1400 a year, so maybe he can crack the 10k point in his career.

Speaking of racial apprenticeships, two players both labelled projects... Ziggy Ansah is playing the majority of the lions defensive snaps at this point of the season while Margus Hunt is lucky to get on the field at all, despite vastly superior attributes and college production.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Nelson's season has been derailed since Rodgers injury. god damn, he should get 100+ every single week! today he has 1 catch for 9 yards!

PamelaOC

Banned
No excuses. Packers O-line and Flynn are simply atrocious today.

That's one of the (many, many) things that places us on the moral high ground. We don't make excuses when "our" guys perform poorly.

I can still root for Stafford/Durham...

dwid

Hall of Famer
Nelson's season has been derailed since Rodgers injury. god damn, he should get 100+ every single week! today he has 1 catch for 9 yards!

Flynn has been terrible but Nelson has been held all game long, it was briefly mentioned by Aikman from what I heard, after he was held, then hit out of bounds, but the call offset because one of those random offensive holding calls that comes out of nowhere (stupid that 2 calls can offset one, but you can only choose one penalty which doesn't make sense).

They said "its just unimaginable to see these kinds of numbers for an NFL team. Umm...what about all the black quarterbacks that put up these kinds of numbers. It doesn't help that Eddie Lacy has been non existent, who was supposed to be one of the only recent Alabama backs that wasn't a bust, but he has been average at best, with 2 or 3 good games, he hasn't been consistent at all, less than half of his games he has averaged 4 or more ypc, this is going to be his 4th game with 3 ypc or less.

They keep mentioning Scott Tolzien who can throw better deeper, why havent the put him in? Put in Kuhn and more tight ends to chip the rushers coming to the qb, give him some time. This should have been done in the 2nd half at least.

backrow

Hall of Famer
That's one of the (many, many) things that places us on the moral high ground. We don't make excuses when "our" guys perform poorly.

I can still root for Stafford/Durham...

at least Durham is having a decent outing with 3/68. that sets him firmly as Lions number 2 receiver, stat wise.

dwid

Hall of Famer
at least Durham is having a decent outing with 3/68. that sets him firmly as Lions number 2 receiver, stat wise.

I should have started him in place of Nelson in fantasy, I never thought Nelson would be held to 9 yards, thought it would be in the 50's at the lowest.

Did anyone catch the injury to Durham? they said his shoulder, hopefully nothing serious.

davidholly

Mentor
Flynn has been terrible but Nelson has been held all game long, it was briefly mentioned by Aikman from what I heard, after he was held, then hit out of bounds, but the call offset because one of those random offensive holding calls that comes out of nowhere (stupid that 2 calls can offset one, but you can only choose one penalty which doesn't make sense).

They said "its just unimaginable to see these kinds of numbers for an NFL team. Umm...what about all the black quarterbacks that put up these kinds of numbers. It doesn't help that Eddie Lacy has been non existent, who was supposed to be one of the only recent Alabama backs that wasn't a bust, but he has been average at best, with 2 or 3 good games, he hasn't been consistent at all, less than half of his games he has averaged 4 or more ypc, this is going to be his 4th game with 3 ypc or less.

They keep mentioning Scott Tolzien who can throw better deeper, why havent the put him in? Put in Kuhn and more tight ends to chip the rushers coming to the qb, give him some time. This should have been done in the 2nd half at least.

Mike McCarthy is an idiot, that's why. Maybe it's just me but he always seems to lose when games are close at halftime. Maybe he's really bad at adjustments.

davidholly

Mentor
I remember last year in the playoffs against the 49ers, Kaepernick was rushing all over the Packers defense and McCarthy refused to make even one adjustment to counter that.

Stevo

I'm particularly looking forward to the Steelers Ravens game, should be a high scoring affair with both teams utilizing their talent stacked rosters.
Haha, you got that right.

But seriously, the only reason I am keeping an eye on that game is because I am betting on the under. If not for that, I would have no reason to watch this snoozefest with all the affletes.

I like how the Caste Media is framing this game as a "defensive battle" beforehand. They know this will be a horrendous low scoring game with multiple turnovers, and are trying to provide cover for that by suggesting the defenses are amazing.

Anyways, I have been a long time lurker, looking forward to contributing to the conversation here in the future. As a young guy who had several friends play high school football, and watched any and all sports since I was a kid while at the same time being racially aware, it didn't take me long to connect the dots on the caste system throughout the western world in all sports.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Packers offense was non existent today. Tolzien shouldn't have been yanked last week. He was a little eratic but he was moving around well and I thought deserved to get 2nd half to improve. The week before he threw 3costly picks but at least he was moving the chains 300yd game and putting up points on the board. my biggest problem is the lack of talent on defense. Guys like Johnny jolly,MD Jennings,Davon house are flat out bad. Welcome to tue board Steve!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
newhouse is a sumo that has to go. But I will say the whole online played like **** and should be worried about their jobs next year. It will be interesting to see how McCarthy and Thompson draft this year.

goyim

Guru
McCarthy is not a very good coach which leads me to believe that Rodgers is the one calling the shots on offense.

Packers have no defensive talent outside of Hawk and Matthews. Tramon Williams has played well this year. Outside of him, the secondary has been atrocious. Doesn't help that Dom Capers is incapable of making adjustments.

Matt McGloin continues to play well. Pryor's career should be through but negroes have 9 lives in this league.