2011 New York Jets

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Jets have signed saftey Andrew Sendejo of Rice. Andrew was certainly only signed to steal some of the Cowboys playbook, from whom he was just cut. Anyway, I don't think this guy has been mentioned. He passes the eye test, though his surname is Spanish and he's from San Antonio so he could be part AmerIndian (Mexican).

sendejoCowboyblog2.jpg
IMG_0553%281%29.JPG

I'm sure he'll get cut after week 1 but at the moment 3 of the 5 Jets safties are White. Very rare.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Most DWFs assumed that Plaxico Burress, being of the race of magical athletes, would still be an effective receiver upon his return to the NFL after serving his prison term, but he's been a useless slug on the field. But he's hardly alone on the Jets -- Mark Sanchez has been lousy, Shonn Greene has flopped once again as a feature back, and the offensive line when Nick Mangold was out was terrible. The Jets, Bucs and Steelers are the three teams I'd most like to see miss the playoffs.

Jets coach Rex Ryan says the team will no longer "force" the ball to Plaxico Burress. "We tried to force it (to Burress) when we were up several scores before, but that's not what we're all about," Ryan said. "We're just going to hit the open guy." Burress has just 14 catches through his first six games, and has proven almost wholly incapable of gaining separation. He's a poor bye week fill-in.

wile

Master
Rex the bufoon always has Joe McKnight to fall back on and all his "upside."

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
The Jets' and Bears' might be rising now.

I figured that the Jets would defeat lethargic San Diego. It took a comeback, but they did it.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Burress has played poorly all season but all it takes is one game for an afflete to get his credibility back.

orange_arrow.png

Northjersey.com : Sports

[h=1]urress TDs lead Jets to a 27-21 win over Chargers
[/h] Sunday, October 23, 2011 Last updated: Sunday October 23, 2011, 4:27 PM
BY ANDY VASQUEZ
STAFF WRITER
The Record
Print | E-mail
EAST RUTHERFORD -- For a guy who stands 6-foot-5, Plaxico Burress has been hard to spot in the Jets offense this season. But on Sunday, he emerged at just the right time.
102311jets2_dngnk.jpg
AP
New York Jets' Plaxico Burress reacts after scoring a touchdown during the third quarter of an NFL football game between the San Diego Chargers and the New York Jets Sunday.

Burress caught three touchdowns to lead the Jets to a 27-21 comeback win over the San Diego Chargers at MetLife Stadium.
After a rough first half, the Jets’ defense stepped up, too. New York held San Diego scoreless in the second half and Darrelle Revis had a fourth-quarter interception that allowed Burress to catch the go-ahead touchdown pass.
With about 11 minutes left in the game, and the Chargers leading 21-17, Revis intercepted a deflected Philip Rivers pass and returned it 64 yards.
Moments later, Mark Sanchez found Burress for a three-yard touchdown pass to give the Jets a 24-21 lead.
Kyle Wilson intercepted another Rivers pass late in the fourth quarter to help the Jets seal the game.
Sanchez finished 18-of-33 with 173 yards and 3 touchdowns. Burress caught all three scoring passes, finishing with four catches for 25 yards. Running back Shonn Green also contributed with 20 carries for 112 yards.
The Jets got into early trouble when San Diego’s Donald Butler ripped the ball out of Dustin Keller’s hands and returned it 37 yards for a touchdown to make it 7-0 less than two minutes into the game.
But the Jets offense, which has been dogged by early-game struggles this season, bounced back quickly. Nick Folk made a 35-yard field goal midway through the first quarter. And late in the opening frame, Sanchez found Santonio Holmes for what appeared to be a spectacular, diving 23-yard touchdown catch. But the touchdown was nullified on a holding penalty by Nick Mangod. Two plays later, Sanchez threw an interception as he tried to find Burress in the corner of the end zone.
San Diego extended its lead to 14-3 early in the second quarter on a two-yard touchdown pass to Antonio Gates.
But the Jets got back into the game thanks to the reemergence of Burress.
Sanchez found Burress on a three-yard touchdown pass midway through the second to narrow the gap to 14-10. It was Burress’ first touchdown since week three.

San Diego took a 21-10 lead into halftime. But late in the third quarter, the Burress-Sanchez connection narrowed the gap again. The two hooked up for a four-yard touchdown catch, to pull the Jets within 21-17. When Burress caught the go-ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter, his third of the game, he had scored more touchdowns on Sunday than the two he had in the first six games of the season.
E-mail: vasqueza@northjersey.com

[h=1]B[/h]

backrow

Hall of Famer
Mike DeVito must be doing something right if even rotoworld calls him one of the top run stuffing DEs in the league! (He's out this week)

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

Truthteller

Mentor
Former Colts OC and Peyton Manning mentor Tom Moore is now with the New York Jets full-time as a "consultant". Must be a gigantic step down to work with Mexi Sanchez rather than Peyton. Although the story paints it as a slap at Jets OC Brian Schottenheimer, it's probably more a swipe at the incompetent Jim "AA" Caldwell regime in Indianapolis, IMHO.

Rumor floating around in NYC is if "Sanchize" doesn't get the Jets in the playoffs, they might seriously pursue Peyton, if the Colts draft Luck. His brother, Eli, plays in NY -- which his family pushed for after the Chargers picked him in 2004. Archie works part-time for CBS in NYC (I think)? Moore coming on board will just add more fuel to the fire. Don't forget, had Peyton left Tenn. early (as most thought), he would've been a Jet in 1997, who had the top pick.

Personally, I think Peyton winds up in Washington, if he leaves, because the NY media won't be able to run a "hispanic" quarterback out of town with out a serious backlash. In DC, Peyton might even be joined by a fullsized RB from Cleveland with the same first name, considering Shanahan coached him (and like him) in Denver and needs a powerback with Hightower injured?

backrow

Hall of Famer
Jets coach Rex Ryan revealed at his Monday press conference that FS Jim Leonhard's season-ending knee injury is a torn right patella tendon.

:cry:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Jets coach Rex Ryan revealed at his Monday press conference that FS Jim Leonhard's season-ending knee injury is a torn right patella tendon.

:cry:
Sad that we lose one of the very best safeties in the league for the last three weeks. Recovery from a torn patella is much easier than an ACL or MCL tear, so Leonhard should be back to normal quickly. It will be interesting to see the massive drop-off in production from this position without him. I'm sure that any secondary lapses will now be blamed on the lone cracker back there, Steve Gregory.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Eric Smith is the other White safety, Gregory plays with Weddle for the Chargers. Eric Smith gets tons of hate, but is actually really good imo. He is a hard hitter, but he gets fined for legal hits.
Sorry about the error, I'm in the middle of 10 different projects and got my "white safeties" mixed up, after all. they all look the same:tongue:

dwid

Hall of Famer
hah I was going to post the same thing about them all looking the same but I left it out

but yeah Smith is going to get a lot of criticism, I know he did for the Broncos win, when it wasn't his fault for the Tebow td. Leonhard has gotten criticism as well, so when they do worse without him I wonder what the response will be.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Supposedly fat boy Rex Ryan started crying like a little b-tch. He's apparently upset over the unity of the affletes and the season.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
The Jets' can be competitive within the confines of the AFC, but they do need to improve in order to compete with the teams' that derailed them at the end of the season.. Philly, in particular, and the New York Giants. Replacing the useless Wayne Hunter and getting a REAL tight end (Coby Fleener?) are both doable.

For much of the "Battle of NY" game, they did fight hard though.

--The Jets' shouldn't have drafted sumo Kenrick Ellis in the 3rd round.. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14057/kenrick-ellis He was perma-injured, and even when he isn't, he proves to be slow and weak.--

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ya gotta love the NFL -- Rex Pigboy Ryan decides to have a captain this season, who wears the "C" on his uniform ala the team captains in the NHL. So who does he select but super bonehead Santonio Holmes, who has been arrested multiple times during his NFL career, beginning with twice within two months after he was drafted in 2006, including for domestic assault on a woman. In a healthy society, Holmes would be beyond the pale as an employee of a pro sports league, much less the "captain" of a team.

Holmes graciously responds to the honor bestowed upon him by being a "locker room cancer" all season, verbally abusing the team's starting quarterback, and then quitting altogether on the team during the final regular season game, following which a distraught but still clueless Ryan weeps. And so it goes in America's shameful secular religion.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe 2012 will be the last season for Caste Buffoon Rex Ryan in New York. I wouldn't mind seeing Sanchez replaced by an unambiguously White QB either. Two items from Weenieworld:

Owner Woody Johnson said the Jets would "look at everything" if Peyton Manning becomes available later this offseason. Asked if Mark Sanchez is the 2012 starter, Johnson said there is "no such thing as 100 percent" in the NFL, but "we think he's our guy." NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora has been adamant that Manning won't go to the Jets because he wants no part of the "dumpster fire." LaCanfora calls Manning-to-Jets a "pipe dream" because of the toxic locker room and Rex Ryan's incessant blustering.

Jets owner Woody Johnson stated unequivocally Thursday that Santonio Holmes will be back with the team in 2012. "He may be one of the best players we've ever had," said Johnson, who may be a bit biased after forking over a $45.25M contract for Holmes in late July. LaDanian Tomlinson called the rift between Holmes and Mark Sanchez "as bad as I've ever been around," and isn't sure the relationship can be repaired. Johnson, though, is "concerned but confident" that the on-field connection can be fixed in 2012.