2011 Cleveland Browns

Truthteller

Mentor
From doing research as well as memory the whole reason for him jumping from Green Bay to Seattle was because he had zero say on who was on the roster or not in Green Bay. He was given that authority to join Seattle and we seen the results.

You are correct, Ron Wolf was a very powerful GM in Green Bay and he did seem to have a fair amount of whites on his teams. In the early-to-mid 90's SI did an article on the vanishing white WR's and Wolf was quoted as saying he was worried too many quality white athletes were leaving football for soccer and other sports, so he was aware of this.

As Thrashen pointed out, GB did have a fair amount of whites on their mid 90's teams (18 to 21), but most of them played QB, OL and TE and the team had a small number of white starters when they beat the Patriots in Jan 97 -- Favre, Chumura and some OL's, that's it. Beebe, Jervey and quality veteran safety Mike Prior were all relegated to being "key reserves", even if they had some great games. Schroeder was always jerked around until Homogren left.

Animal, check this sites soccer section for the white/black in English soccer (EPL), I think the league starts about 70% white...

Thrashen, you mentioned Walrus' background coaching white friendly teams...Andy Reid of the Eagles comes from similar places and he's been a total Caste whore for years.

foobar75

Master
Great research Thrashen, while giving us a full expose on Walrus and his overall history as a strong caste-whore. As TheAnimal pointed out, Walrus wanted more power with the Blackhawks (as they are now known under clown Pete Carroll), and he was given the keys to the franchise. He oversaw 3 relatively poor drafts from 2000-2002, as well as mediocre seasons as a coach, and it became clear that he was simply not up to task to handle any executive positions within the club. He was finally canned as the GM in 2002 because of his poor track record. (the only good players he drafted in these mostly coal-black drafts were Shaun Alexander in 2000 and Steven Hutchinson in 2001).

His love-affair with drafting and then sticking with thugs was not limited to Koren Robinson, of course. In 2002, he drafted quite posssibly one of the biggest pieces of garbage in NFL history, TE Jerramy Stevens, who had a long rap sheet both in high school and college. His criminal behavior continued in the NFL (no surprise) and Walrus kept supporting him unconditionally. All of this despite the fact that Stevens didn't exactly produce much on the field, and if Walrus had been the GM, there's a good chance he would've never let that d-bag leave Seattle. Last I checked, Stevens had signed with Raheem's Dream Team in Tampa, but then was busted for something and is no longer in the NFL.

If the CLE ownership is smart, they'll cut ties with this tub of lard right away. I believe he's highly overrated as a coach, as his stint in Seattle proves it. His success in Green Bay was largely due to Ron Wolf and Bret Favre in my opinion, and his coaching record proves that.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Caste Walrus appears to covet "RGIII" as much as he dislikes Peyton Hillis:

"League sources" tell NFL.com's Steve Wyche the Browns are hoping to land Baylor QB Robert Griffin III in April's draft. Wyche delivered the info in the middle of a mock draft, but it's still notable as the first semi-confirmation of something that has been speculated for weeks. The Browns would likely have to acquire St. Louis' No. 2 overall pick to ensure landing the 2011 Heisman Trophy winner, but with both the No. 4 and No. 22 selections, they are in excellent position to trade up. The Browns have made it clear Colt McCoy will face competition in 2012, and if it's in the form of Griffin, it's a competition he'd almost certainly lose.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I don't care if fat Walrus gets griffin as long as Hillis does not end up getting resigned. Hopefully Hillis realizes there are greener pastures out there and teams with front offices that don't want to sabotage him as blatantly and obvious as the fat walrus/inept shurmur regime.

Griffin is not going to be a savior/he will be avg at best.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Griffin will not be a good NFL QB, not even close. The decision-making, the accuracy, the arm strength on certain passes etc. are not there. But he will be given many years to keep proving it as the powers-that-be desperately struggle to find another black QB or two.

TheAnimal

Guru
I guess I can do an early projection on the Browns, show exactly where it is headed. Now saying the Browns draft Griffen as planned the racial makeup of the roster sits follows with black players in bold.

QB-
Robert Griffen III
Seneca Wallace
Thaddeus Lewis
Colt McCoy(Odd man out)

RB-
Montario Hardesty
Brandon Jackson
Chris Ogbonnaya
Armond Smith

FB-
Owen Marecic
Eddie Williams

WR-
Josh Cribbs
Greg Little
Mohamed Massaquoi
Carlton Mitchell
Jordan Norwood
Owen Spencer
Rod Windsor

TE-
Jordan Cameron
Dan Gronkowski
Evan Moore
Benjamin Watson
Alex Smith

OL-
Dominic Alford
Oniel Cousins
Stanley Daniels
Artis Hicks
Shawn Lauvao
Alex Mack
Jason Pinkston
Jarrod Shaw
Eric Steinbach*
Joe Thomas

DL-
Marcus Benard
Auston English
Jayme Mitchell
Scott Paxson
Ahtyba Rubin
Brian Sanford
Jabaal Sheard
Emmanuel Stephens
Phil Taylor
Kiante Tripp

LB-
Titus Brown
Scott Fujita
Chris Gocong
D'Qwell Jackson
Ben Jacobs**
Kaluka Maiava***
Craig Robertson
Brian Smith
Quinton Spears

DB-
Mike Adams
Sheldon Brown
James Dockery
Joe Haden
Eric Hagg
David Sims
Buster Skrine
Ray Ventrone
T.J. Ward
Usama Young

ST-
Reggie Hodges
Richmond McGee
Jeff Wolphert
Christian Yount

Free Agents-
Mike Adams
Oniel Cousins
Phil Dawson
John Greco
Artis Hicks
Peyton Hillis
D'Qwell Jackson
Brad Maynard
Dimitri Patterson
Alex Smith
Steve Vallos

RFA-
Titus Brown
Jordon Norwood
Brian Schaefering

*Eric Steinbach. While the Browns wigger GM is saying all the right things such as Steinbach will be back the truth is probably much different. For starters he has also been going on and on about how great Pinkston is and as can be seen above they're loading up the line with sumos this offseason. He may return to "compete" for a roster spot however it is unlikely he gets one.

Also on a similar note I excluded Tony Pashos from the roster list. Aside from declining skills and an inability to stay healthy he is done for in Cleveland. They have already discussed "fixing" the right tackle position.

**Ben Jacobs. Much like the Steinbach situation we can see a stockpiling of Affletes going on. There is a small, small chance that he gets any playing time provided he sticks as a token White.

***Kaluka Maiawhatever. According to the wigger Tom Heckert he sees Kaluka as a starter in the NFL and the future. That's usually codeword for replace Whitey. Considering they have paid Gocong premier LB money to do nothing and are raving in love with D'Cantstayhealthy Jackson, planning to resign him, that means Fujita is likely the odd man out to be replaced by the Poly midget.

Moving along....

Peyton Hillis is done and they've already begun stockpiling RB's to excuse letting him walk, they've seemingly given up on Owen Marecic after one short season(much like McCoy) and have brought in an Afflete to "compete" for the spot. I would guess by training camp they bring in a few more.

Colt is done in Cleveland, he's gotten the dreaded "he can compete with Seneca" which cut through the BS means he can compete for a backup QB position he won't land. They've already opened talks with the Rams to trade up for the latest all hype black quarterback Robert Griffen.

On the free agency portion they've already brought in a replacement for Dawson, won't be resigning Hillis, and Maynard, Greco and Vallos are likely gone as they have loaded up the OL spots with supa sumos. They can't stop raving about Jackson, Patterson, Smith and Norwood so they definitely will return. They've loaded up the Defensive line which means Schaefering is probably gone along with Scott Paxson and/or Auston English.

Supposedly they have also soured on Evan Moore so consider him gone.

Now assuming they have a typical Eagles/Blackhawks draft you can count on 7-9 Affletes drafted. Being generous it looks like the Whites that survive the cut will be as follows.

Joe Thomas
Alex Mack
Jordan Cameron
Scott Paxson
Ben Jacobs
Jeff Wolphert
Christian Yount

7 out of 52. Out of those seven your starters will be Thomas and Mack. Unfortunately the Cleveland Browns, a team that looked to be going the way of the Patriots, Colts and Texans looks to now be entering Pittsburgh territory with the hate Whitey philosophy and going fully the way of the Eagles.

This is all speculation at this point but it appears that is the direction they are heading and rapidly so.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Browns hired Brad "The Mangina" Childress to be their offensive coordinator, yet another lousy hire by the Caste Walrus that all but guarantees the team will continue to be a bottom feeder.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Here is an interesting bit from Walterfootball.com. He calls Joe Thomas the best left tackle in football. I'm sure all of us here agree.

JThomas_face.jpg
Offensive Tackle of the Year - Joe Thomas, Browns.
brownsb_logo.gif

Joe Thomas had an "off" year, yet still wins this award as the best left tackle in football. Thomas surrendered just three sacks and 15 quarterback pressures in 16 games. It's just a shame that he doesn't have a legitimate quarterback to block for. That will change if Cleveland obtains Robert Griffin.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
With the Browns drafting at number 4, and the tsunami of hype that will be coming over the next couple of months for "RGIII", there is no way he falls that far. But hey, if they are going to keep Hillis (which I kind of doubt) it would be a good situation there as they might be able to snag Andrew Luck, who will see his stock drop after two months of Griffin-worship and endless Luck bashing.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
With the Browns drafting at number 4, and the tsunami of hype that will be coming over the next couple of months for "RGIII", there is no way he falls that far. But hey, if they are going to keep Hillis (which I kind of doubt) it would be a good situation there as they might be able to snag Andrew Luck, who will see his stock drop after two months of Griffin-worship and endless Luck bashing.

McCoy has already been deemed a bust by most of the DWF's and media. This despite having possibly the worst receiving corps in the entire league. It also didn't help him that Hillis was injured for a good chunk of last season. Manning is as good as gone from from Indy ,and that's where Luck will end up. The Colts know Luck is as pro ready as Manning was and they certainly will end up drafting him with the first pick. Griffin probably ends up in Cleveland with the number 4 pick because it's highly unlikely that the Rams or Vikings draft a quarterback.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I agree that Bill Polian will draft Andrew Luck.... But wait, Polian is no longer the GM in Indy, and with Saint Dungy having the ear of owner Irsay, hear the whispering: "RGIII! RGIII! RGIII!" After all, who really thought that Carolina would draft sCam Newton number one last year at this time?

TheAnimal

Guru
I agree that Bill Polian will draft Andrew Luck.... But wait, Polian is no longer the GM in Indy, and with Saint Dungy having the ear of owner Irsay, hear the whispering: "RGIII! RGIII! RGIII!" After all, who really thought that Carolina would draft sCam Newton number one last year at this time?

You bring up some great points in your last two posts in this thread. The above really gets to the meat of the matter and i've never seen it so blatant and in your face as it is becoming with the RG3 hype.

Just yesterday I seen a report where Mike Mayock of NFL network came out calling RG3 THE once in a decade prospect, breathing the same air as Otto Graham, Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning... Unlike Andrew Luck who the media now compares to Sam Bradford. A good QB but nothing special. He isn't the first one i've heard "go against the grain" to float the idea that Luck is average and SoopaQB Griffin is the black savior.

It's something that is just starting to increase, much like how Jake Locker last season was the consensus #1 overall until sCam came out and was hyped into the #1 overall slot and the pressure was put on Carolina. The same is happening here. The media is pressuring Indy into taking Griffin. Good point about Tony "i've never met a brutha I wouldn't pimp" Dungy. I guarantee as the draft gets closer he will be in Irsays ear nonstop just as he tried to get into Jerry Jones ear nonstop to replace Parcells with Leslie Frazier.

I notice they also are promoting and have a contingency plan in place in case Irsay doesn't make the mistake they want him to and actually drafts the superior QB Andrew Luck. That's where Cleveland comes in. They're making damn sure Griffin will go #2 overall at worst. If the Colts don't draft him watch Cleveland make a massive trade with the Rams for him.

Some may say it would be easier to just convince the Rams that Bradford sucks. Not really. Look who is running the Rams now, the guy with first hand experience regarding pure hype black quarterbacks and pure hype Big 12 black quarterbacks. It would be too hard of a sell to sell Fisher on choosing Vince Young's dreadlock sporting brutha over Bradford.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I play Brown's GM!

Fixing the Browns...I play GM:

Sign beastly Peyton Hilllis! Rumours are he was originally offered 16.5 million over 3 years. Being that he's coming off a down year, (not all due to himself though) and has had some injury issues in the past- at this point offer him 11.5 million over 2 years! I bet he signs it and it's low risk being only a two year deal.

Sign Matt Flynn. No doubt he'll be pricey, but I've seen enough of a sample size to see that he should be high reward coming away from being under the tutelage of Aaron Rodgers.

Pick #4: Having already addressed the QB position, it leaves the door open to draft Justin Blackmon

Trade pick 22 a 2nd rounder and 4th round pick to move up and take G David DeCastro (he's that good) to help the run game in the division with the stingiest run defense overall in the NFL.

With the 3rd round pick I'd either go best available ROT or defense, in the 5th round I might take Danny Coale if he's still there. Sixth round I have no idea yet.

This would never happen with the caste Walrus, but I'd sign Cory McCaffrey in the 7th round (I might bet the farm he'd still be available too on Bodog lol) with the intention that he could compete with Chris Ogbonnaya to be the Hillis' backup (Brandon Jackson- who's never been too impressive would soon become 4th string). Hardesty (a Walrus pick) looks like a bust.

Result: With the win now mindset, this team immediately becomes a playoff contender!

Last edited:

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I had forgotten that Cory tore his achilles tendon, as I incorrectly thought it was an ankle injury. In this case he's probably better off rehabing and trying to get a look with the CFL. :cry:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It'll be very interesting to see what the Browns do with their pick. If they stick with McCoy they may take either Trent Richardson or Justin Blackmon. McCoy's biggest problem has been a lack of good wide receivers. They have one in Evan Moore but I doubt he'll ever be used properly as either a receiving TE or a big WR. It's possible they may take Ryan Tannehill, as he's been "rocketing" up the mock drafts since the Combine.

After listening to team president Mike Holmgren and GM Tom Heckert on Thursday's conference call, the Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot "gets the feeling" the Browns are prepared to turn back to Colt McCoy as the quarterback in 2012. "We think Colt has a big ceiling," said Heckert. "It's my job to get him better players." Despite their previous waffling on the subject, both officials now believe it's too early to write off McCoy. Holmgren will try to "discourage" Heckert from trading down at No. 4 overall. McCoy will have to be supported by a strong running game, lending credence to the belief that Alabama's Trent Richardson could be the Browns' top pick rather than Ryan Tannehill.

dwid

Hall of Famer
It'll be very interesting to see what the Browns do with their pick. If they stick with McCoy they may take either Trent Richardson or Justin Blackmon. McCoy's biggest problem has been a lack of good wide receivers. They have one in Evan Moore but I doubt he'll ever be used properly as either a receiving TE or a big WR. It's possible they may take Ryan Tannehill, as he's been "rocketing" up the mock drafts since the Combine.

After listening to team president Mike Holmgren and GM Tom Heckert on Thursday's conference call, the Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot "gets the feeling" the Browns are prepared to turn back to Colt McCoy as the quarterback in 2012. "We think Colt has a big ceiling," said Heckert. "It's my job to get him better players." Despite their previous waffling on the subject, both officials now believe it's too early to write off McCoy. Holmgren will try to "discourage" Heckert from trading down at No. 4 overall. McCoy will have to be supported by a strong running game, lending credence to the belief that Alabama's Trent Richardson could be the Browns' top pick rather than Ryan Tannehill.

I will laugh if they pick Richardson. The guy isn't that explosive for a first round back, so the fact that he is considered top 10 is even more insane. He had massive holes to run through at Alabama, the same with Mark Ingram. Richardson's skillset is a little better than Ingram, and Ingram wasn't anything special his first year in the NFL, Pierre Thomas looked much better in the same offense. Not to mention Richardson missed the combine due to a "minor" knee surgery. Yes it was minor, they were removing scar tissue, but the fact that he has scar tissue in the first place shows that he has a decent amount of wear and tear. It has been speculated that he waited to schedule the surgery so he wouldn't have to run at the combine. However, the rehab isn't going as planned and he didn't run at his pro day either, so something isn't going right with his knee. His change of direction isn't the best, not what you would want in a top 10 pick, he has to gear down quite a bit, sometimes coming to a compete stop, he has been hit at the line or behind plenty of times and bounced off, but tackling in the AFC North will be much better than the overrated SEC. Hillis was able to do this but Richardson is much shorter and weighs less, but he isn't short enough to where he uses it to his advantage to hide behind his blockers. Combine all of these problems and put him in Cleveland's offense and it won't be pretty.

I personally think they should take Doug Martin from Boise St who has all the qualities of Richardson but a 3rd round grade. If Martin had played at Alabama I don't think he would look much different. Instead he played for Boise, and there is a misconception that it easier to run when you run multiple receiver sets like Boise. Maybe with the zone read but thats not what Boise ran. You have to be much quicker because of unblocked defenders and they won't get sucked cloe to the line so you only have one or two guys to beat once you get to the 2nd level. Receivers dont block as well as lineman and tight ends/fullbacks. Martin will probably wind up being the most consistent back of this class.

Blackmon, refused to run at the combine because he would have probably timed in the 4.6 range. Oklahoma St is notorius for having an extremely fast track and even dwfs agree that you should at at least a .01 to the time there, which I believe was a 4.44 or something. His speed on film surely doesn't look to be in that range. His route running isn't the best and will have to run a more complicated route tree coming from the spread they ran at Ok St, where most of his yards were after the catch where he used his physicalness to push defenders away. He has the potential to be a star receiver but will probably need time to adjust. I see him being like Crabtree, who has trouble with more physical corners rerouting him at the line of scrimmage and still hasn't put up 1k yet. I think Blackmon's skillsest is a little better but will take a few years to live up to.

If they pick Richardson and then pick Kendall Wright (the 2nd ranked receiver) it will be even funnier. Wright was supposed to be this smaller deep threat but ran a 4.6. Fans said no way he runs a 4.6 in pads. Its hard to tell with baylor's offense. Teams were so worried about the zone read with RGIII and the rb who had like 1500 yards rushing, they would often get sucked in really close to the line of scrimmage, often giving Wright 5 yards of seperation before dbs could react zone read play action. He is very quick and able to get yac but it might take a few years before he fully develops and is probably a Davone Bess type at best and will have to change his game and work really hard on it.

I dont think any of these guys will help out McCoy right away but hopefully something works so he isn't written off after just one more year. There isn't much they can do except utilize Moore more in the passing game. There simply isn't a large group of wide receivers/backs that are ready to come in and be game changers their rookie year, and that is what they need. Malcolm Floyd might be the best bet at receiver but he has a questionable work ethic and like I said, Doug Martin would be the best pick at rb. The smartest thing to do would be to trade down, maybe spend an early pick on a lineman and grab Floyd and then get Martin in the 2nd just in case he won't be there in the 3rd, but since its the Browns I don't care and would love to see them fail, I would just feel sorry for McCoy who will be written off after one more bad year.

Last edited:

backrow

Hall of Famer
probably more pertaining to 2012 season, but didn't want to start a new thread without some solid data

Jordan Cameron - TE - Browns

Browns coach Pat Shurmur indicated that 2011 fourth-round TE Jordan Cameron is a candidate for a big leap in his second season.

Cameron, a college basketball player, managed just six catches in eight rookie appearances. "The guy that looks way different is Jordan Cameron," Shurmur said. "Oh, gosh -- the size -- and he’s had a great offseason. He’s a guy that hadn’t played much football, so I think he’ll make a big improvement this year."