2010 Pro Bowl Rosters

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Donovan McFlabb is replacing Brees on the Pro Bowl roster!

I can't get angry about this - because Drew Brees is in the REAL game!!
smiley20.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
i think both Gerrard and Young are in the Pro Bowl as replacements as well. now we only need Jason Campbell to complete the black QB farce... even Orton was more deserving than Gerrard for crying out loud.

foreverfree said:
sport historian said:
I have written several times about how sportswriters would complain about the lack of black QB's back in the mid-1960's. They were also calling for more black linebackers. The writers charged the NFL with keeping blacks from playing linebacker (especially middle linebacker) because they "lacked intelligence."

Were they writing *in* the mid-1960's about the lack of "colored" (as my mom would call Negroes back in those days) QBs and LBs?

John

The writers also complained about the lack of black offensive linemen and free safeties. They wanted black quarterbacks, linebackers, offensive linemen, and safeties. Not all writers made a big deal of this, but some were obsessed by the NFL's supposed racism that kept blacks out of certain positions that required intelligence.

backrow

Hall of Famer
from rotoworld:

49ers DE Justin Smith has been named to the NFC Pro Bowl roster as a replacement for Vikings DT Kevin Williams (knee).

Williams missed practice time last week with the knee injury. Perhaps the NFL's finest 3-4 defensive end in 2009, Smith was more than qualified for the Pro Bowl selection.
Source: Matt Barrows on Twitter
Related: Kevin Williams

Westside

Hall of Famer
If I was a Pro bowler I would never play in the game. Too much risk for injury and jeopadory to future money making years. Even going at 50% tackling and blocking could cause some freak injury. No I would save it for Sundays and say screw the DWF losers who have nothing better to do than watch affelets bask in faux glory with their stadium brighting smiles. That goes for the DWF losers who pay premium dollar for exihibition games.