2008 NFL draft by the numbers

wasted_talent

Here are some interesting numbers from this years draft.

Of the 24 black rb taken 10 rb ran 4.6 or slower. 41.6%

Of the 33 black wr taken 8 wr ran 4.6 or slower. 24.2%

Of the 41 black db taken 10 db ran 4.6 or slower. 24.4%

This prompts a number of questions. Does the nfl really love speed? If they do love speed then why do they limit themselves to such a shallow talent pool?

There were 15 white rb that ran 4.5 or better that went undrafted.

There were 22 white wr that ran 4.5 or better that went undrafted.

There were 34 white db that ran 4.5 or better that went undrafted.

The numbers I compiled for the white skill athletes are extremely conservative as it is nearly impossible to find forty times because most of them aren't published. As well, the nfl does not test many of the great white athletes that are available to them.

It seems to me that there should be no reason to have any slow skill position athletes in the league whatsoever.

Hopefully one day we will have a league that makes its judgements on skill alone.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Great post, Talent. Welcome to Caste Football.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Good points and great analysis. I almost wish the Europeans would start playing American football. Then our overlooked players would have someplace to go and shine.

The (mostly white) Euro teams would also maybe get the chance to play the (mostly black) U.S. teams, so we could see who is better.

We know what happens in boxing, MMA, international soccer and international basketball when whites are given the chance to face blacks. I suspect the same results would occur in American football.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Yes, a really nice post, thanks for joining!

Great point about how there should be ZERO slow skill players in the NFL (which there are hundreds - 98% of them black). The NFL sees it as....there should be ZERO white skill players who are slow, or fast.

I feel there should also be ZERO bad tacklers playing defense in the NFL (again, there have been hundreds over the years). You'd think they'd make that a requirement...

guest301

Hall of Famer
wasted_talent said:
Here are some interesting numbers from this years draft.

Of the 24 black rb taken 10 rb ran 4.6 or slower. 41.6%

Of the 33 black wr taken 8 wr ran 4.6 or slower. 24.2%

Of the 41 black db taken 10 db ran 4.6 or slower. 24.4%

This prompts a number of questions. Does the nfl really love speed? If they do love speed then why do they limit themselves to such a shallow talent pool?

There were 15 white rb that ran 4.5 or better that went undrafted.

There were 22 white wr that ran 4.5 or better that went undrafted.

There were 34 white db that ran 4.5 or better that went undrafted.

The numbers I compiled for the white skill athletes are extremely conservative as it is nearly impossible to find forty times because most of them aren't published. As well, the nfl does not test many of the great white athletes that are available to them.

It seems to me that there should be no reason to have any slow skill position athletes in the league whatsoever.

Hopefully one day we will have a league that makes its judgements on skill alone.

That's a very nice first post. Welcome to Caste Football. Those facts you posted above are easy to remember and will help when I discuss the Caste system with my white friends or black friends for that matter.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
wasted_talent, great to have you on the board! We need more stat hounds!