QB - Stephen McGee

Defense
DE - Chris Harrington
LB - Mark Dodge
CB - Jordan Peterson
smiley32.gif

Special Teams
PR - Chad Schroeder

Also, look for TB Brandon Leone and FS Jordan Chambliss to see significant playing time.Edited by: SteveB

SteveB

Mentor
The news out of College Station looks good for the white Aggie players going into the season.

Jordan Peterson has solidified his position as a starting cornerback
smiley32.gif
. According to the coaches he was the most consistent DB during the fall camp.

At the RB spot, the Aggies will rotate three players depending on the game situation with Brandon Leone getting a share of the carries. The other two RBs are Courtney Lewis, who has a history of injury and academic problems, and Jorvorskie Lane, who at 274 lbs is more of a short yardage back. They are both black, but Coach Fran mentioned that Leone will be on the field quite a bit.

Chad Schroeder will be the starter at the "Z" WR position and will return punts along with Jordan Peterson as his backup at PR. Unfortunately, Jordan Chambliss has decided to quit football and focus on baseball.

Stephen McGee is the starter at QB and is expected to air it out alot this year.

All of the other starting white players listed above are still in their starting roles going into the season.Edited by: SteveB

whiteCB

Master
Wow go A&M, maybe they can finally beat Texas this year. Who was the last starting whiteCB in the Big 12/8? Can anyone remember?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jordan Peterson had a great INT tonight and Chad Schroeder had a punt return for 10 yards and lead all receivers with 3 catches for 62 yards and a TD! Way to go guys!

SteveB

Mentor
Steven McGee is a stud at QB. 11 rushes for 142 yds (12.9 yd avg) and 7 of 11 passing. Chad Schroeder had a 46 yd TD catch where he blew past the DB and showed his speed. I'll give credit to Army. Those guys just kept coming and almost beat us. Great game!!!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Schroeder has to be one of the fastest guys in college football. i just can't understand why they don't get him the ball more.
smiley5.gif
they showed a very impressive graphic on TV that he's averaged over 30 yards per catch on his touchdowns during his career! he's a true big-play scoring threat!
smiley32.gif
he just needs to get more touches. a lot of 'em, if the Aggies want better success.

i really focused in on freshman cornerback, Jordan Peterson. it's amazing how good this kid is from a natural ability standpoint. he must be one of the most physically gifted DBs out there to be playing so early in his career, because his technique is terrible! and he doesn't play hard every snap, because it looked like he got tired late in the game. you can really tell he's a freshman. that being said, just imagine how good he will be when he gets more technically sound to go with his amazing physical tools. the sky is the limit for this kid!
smiley32.gif

i had never heard any talk of Stephen McGee before this game, nor had i seen him play before. but, man was he impressive. he's very efficient throwing the ball, although i wish he would pass it more. and when he ran, it looked effortless. he was just blowing by guys! and he's just a sophomore!
smiley32.gif

whiteCB

Master
It's kind of hard to evaluate DBs watching a game on TV becuase the camera shot usually leaves out the defensive backfield since they're so far back. The camera crew is supposed to focus on where the ball is at and not on every player on the field. This makes it hard to get a good look at a safety or cornerback on every play.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i understand that, whitecb, and you are absolutely correct. i'm just discussing what i could see, though, because i'm sure most of us were unable to catch the game.

as an aside, i stumbled across a page that has several highlights of white Aggie players last year against Texas. pretty impressive runs by McGee and Leone. i've still not been able to find out "the party line" on why Leone doesn't get more carries. in fact, he didn't even make the trip for the Army game. although, two other RBs missed the trip, too.

here's the video link.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Chad Schroeder lead all receivers with 83 yards on just 2 catches. TB Brandon Leone had 2 runs for 9 yards.

SteveB

Mentor
Bad news out of Aggieland. Jordan Peterson lost his starting CB job to black CB Arkeith Brown. No explanation from the coaches. We'll see if he gets it back next week.
smiley18.gif

SteveB

Mentor
It looks like Jordan must have an injury, because he did not play at all in the La. Tech game, even in garbage time at the end. Even some walk-on white DBs got into the game in the 4th quarter. They're going to need him next week against TX Techs passing attack. I'll keep you guys updated.Edited by: SteveB

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Thanks SteveB, A&M is a fun team to watch this year. McGee is the best QB never has heard of and plays exactly like Vince Young yet the media does not even bother with him.

SteveB

Mentor
Aggies finish up the regular season with a big win over rival Texas for a respectable 9-3 record.

Sophmore Stephen McGee ended the season with very efficient passing for 2118 yds and 11 TDs and 2 INTs. He was also 3rd on the team in rushing with 635 yds and 4 TDs.

Senior Chad Schroeder led the team in receiving with 576 yds and 3 TDs. He also handled punt return duties. He will be missed next year.

Freshman CB Jordan Peterson led the team in passes defended, pass breakups, and tied for the team lead with 2 INTs. Teams picked on him all year long and he played well for the most part. Needs to improve his pass coverage skills to be a little more physical on the fade routes.

Mark Dodge had an outstanding year at LB with 2 INTs,including one that insured the win against Texas.

Chris Harrington was a beast, leading the team in sacks with 7.5 as well as 11.5 tackles for a loss. He should be an All Big 12 selection.

On the downside, Brandon Leone was relegated to special teams for most of the season and only had 4 rushes for 11 yards.

All of these guys will be returning next year except for Schroeder and Leone. Way to go Ags.

Freedom

Mentor
Peterson's play is especially impressive because he is only a Freshman. He needs to really stay healthy and just work on technique. How many NFL cornerbacks can squat 435lbs and bench 280 lbs?