2006 Ohio State Buckeyes

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Sporting News obviously considers Pitcock to be white. Here's what they wrote about him in this week's print issue: "Ohio State DT Quinn Pitcock entered the season as a potential first round pick, but we couldn't have been more disappointed when we evaluated him. Pitcock (6-3, 290) lacks the explosiveness to make impact plays consistently and struggles to hold ground on inside runs. He looks like a Day 2 pick."

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
OSU is number one again, of course, but Michigan is still number 2 in the AP. What the deal with that? USC is number 3 in the AP and 2 in the coaches. Florida is fourth in both, but Arkansas is 5 in both polls now, and Notre Dame dropped to number 6 in both. Notre Dame is still 5 in the BCS though. Boise State is now 12 in both polls and 11 in the BCS. I really thought Michigan would drop at least to 3 in both polls, but I guess I was wrong.
smiley5.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Props to OSU for winning. It was a defenseless game, typical of most big games nowadays. Offenses score at will, especially late. Last one with the ball wins. It's getting to be like basketaball. Wonder why?

Troy Smith played well. Surely he sewed up the Heismann. How can they not give it to a black QB that can actually pass? If you thought the hype for Vince Young was big wait until the pre-draft hoopla over Smith. Guarenteed first pick.

Warnipple

Jaxvid:

Good; let Smith go first to a disaster like Oakland. Since the likely subsequent teams in the draft (Arizona, Tennessee, and Detroit) already have QBs, that makes it more likely that Quinn will go to a moderately bad to mediocre team where he won't get killed.

I would have no problem with Troy Smith winning the Heisman. He's played exceptional all year, leading the Buckeyes to wins over then #2 Texas and of course #2 Michigan.

I believe that Brady Quinn will end being the #1 overall pick. Brett Brohm and
Drew Stanton should go high as well.

Most NFL QB's these days are at least 6'3". Unless they are "running QB's".
Troy Smith is just 6'1" and does not have outstanding athletic tallent. I can't
see Troy being all that great in the NFL for this reason.

I could care less if he is a top pick or a seventh rounder. If he goes high and
is a bust then that helps us. If he's passed up and doesn't ever start then
that gives a better tallent a chance to shine.

With all that being said he is obviously a great QB for that OSU offense.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I know I've been here at CF for a while
smiley36.gif
but y'all may have to bear with my unorthodox antics a little more than usual tonight. I have a new theory as to why the media loves Ted Ginn Jr. so much other than that he is black. Here it is. It's because he wears a standard, modern day, kicker's facemask! Yes, thats right, its the only logical explanation. I noticed this Saturday for the first time but delayed in posting about it until now. See for yourself.

0db9978d-689b-41bf-8153-93e869526e99.jpg

I told you! Don't you like him more already?
smiley36.gif

whiteCB

Master
Don Wassall said:
The Sporting News obviously considers Pitcock to be white. Here's what they wrote about him in this week's print issue: "Ohio State DT Quinn Pitcock entered the season as a potential first round pick, but we couldn't have been more disappointed when we evaluated him. Pitcock (6-3, 290) lacks the explosiveness to make impact plays consistently and struggles to hold ground on inside runs. He looks like a Day 2 pick."

I guess his "high motor" just isn't on full go all the time. Which is a requieum if your white and want to play DT in the NFL.

whiteCB

Master
Well its game day!!! We all know we want Ohio St to win but will it actually happen. I believe so with a score of Buckeyes 31 Florida 21. Here are my individual predictions:

Anthony Gonzalez: 6 catches 94 yards and a TD
Quinn Pitcock: 5 tackles 2 sacks(the senior will go out on a bang)
James Laurinitus: team leading 11 tackles and 2 for losses
Also did anyone see that sweet story on James and his pro wreatling dad on SportsCenter. Good Stuff!
John Kerr: 4 tackles
Rory Nicol: 3 catches for 23 yards
Brian Hartline: 2 catches for a huge 45 yards(the Gator DBs are gonna think this white can't play and Hartline's just gonna burn them!)

GO BUCKS!!! OH - IO!!

Ohio State's defense was over 80% black, while both the QB and RB are black. Obviously Ohio State was more white than Florida, but it's not like Oklahoma beat Boise St, or Oregon beat BYU.

Hm... maybe I should go check the scores on those games!
smiley4.gif

I'm sure you'll be banned soon, bye bye troll.Edited by: Sark6354201

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Sark6354201 said:
Ohio State's defense was over 80% black, while both the QB and RB are black. Obviously Ohio State was more white than Florida, but it's not like Oklahoma beat Boise St, or Oregon beat BYU.

There really wasn't much to choose from. OSU had Gonzalez at receiver and a couple good white players on defense, but Florida had Tebow.

sunshine

Mentor
The post game mdeia slant has been all about the speed of Florida--read black speed. I feel like I am being buried alive in it because the media keeps repeating it--to the point of violence if you ask me. When oh when will whites finally get sick of this piling on?
Depressing as hell.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The speed thing is real annoying, if these "experts" watched the game they would realize Flordia not once used speed to stretch the field in the passing game. Dink and dunk passes were the M.O. of the Gators last night exposing the Buckeyes deep zone coverage, OSU just came out flat and were outcoached and thats where it stops. It is nice to see the Troy Smith love fest end though.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The SLC sports radio guys are attributing it to Urban Meyer and nothing else. They are also saying that Boise State has proven a lot by their win. I really like hearing the local radio guys out here, as opposed to say, Memphis, New Orleans, and Arkansas.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I mean its so obvious it was the coaching and preparation. Im just glad to be one of the informed and educated and not one of the millions of moronic sheep. I bet those experts don't have an explanation for the PSU and Wisconsin wins though.

Freedom

Mentor
I didn't see most of the game but Troy Smith apparantly doesn't look like a pro QB. Don't forget that Ohio St. beat Miami a few years ago for the title and Miami is considered a "speed school", even though it is ACC.Edited by: Freedom

G

Guests said:
I checked out some images of Pitt******* and in some pics it looks as if he is a mulatto. Most of his pics he has a shaved head but I saw a pic of him with his hair grown out and it really didn't look like a white guys hair. Im just a stickler for this sort of thing...
smiley2.gif
I can only root for a player if I know he is 100% of European ancestry.

Wow.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Guests is a poster who's done something to get himself banned, just so you know, spotle. Welcome to Caste Football!

whiteCB

Master
So I went to the Ohio St spring game on Saturday and it seems Buckeye nation has recovered somewhat over the National title loss as evidenced by the 75,000 fans who showed up. That mark set the all time attendance high for an Ohio st spring game. It was a struggle for both offense so there really weren't any stats for WR Brian Hartline or TE Rory Nicol; although back up TE Jake Ballard had 1 catch for 13 yards. So here are all the stats for the defensive stars(I'm only putting players capable of landing a spot on the two deep chart because there were a lot of white guys playing):

LB James Laurinitis 6 TKL 1 TFL,
LB Ross Homan 3 TKL
SS Tyler Moeller 2 TKL
DT Dexter Larimore 2 TKL
LB Austin Spitler 6 TKL (if this guy wasn't behind Laurinitis he'd be starting at 95% of all other schools)
DT Todd Denlingler 3 TKL .5 Sacks
FS Grant Schwartz 1 TKL 1 INT for 41 yards