2006 Air Force Falcons

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
From Vietnam, here are my projected white starters for anti-white head coach Fisher DeBerry's Falcons. I also included 1 hispanic on defense. Strange that a guy who made such racist anti-white comments last year has an even whiter team this year.

Offense
QB-Shaun Carney
HB-Chad Hall
SB-Beau Suder
TE-Travis Dekker
LT-Robert Kraay
LG-Nicholas Charles
C-Stuart Perlow
RT-Blaine Guenther

Defense
CB-Chris Sutton
Falcon-John Rabold
CB-Garrett Rybak
FS-Bobby Giannini
LB-Joey Keller
FS-Julian Madrid
LB-Drew Fowler
RT-Grant Thomas
RE-Josh Clayton
LT-Kevin Quinn or Gilberto Perez
LE-Garrett Gilbertson
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

KG2422

Mentor
White players make up the overwhelming majority of those willing and able to attend the Air Force Academy. I played against a guy in high school who started for them as a db in college. He was just an above average player in high school, no star or anything, yet he played well for Air Force. Paul Mayo was his name if I remember correctly. I really admire these young men who are able to navigate the challenges of a service academy and division 1 football.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Back in the late 90's Air force was a perennial top 20 team(usually on the fringes). They did this with a really small team. It's hard to take anabolics/growth hormone, attend classes and maintain your GPA. You tend to find super achiever types in the service academies....

Gary

Mentor
I like Air Force football but I don't like Fisher DeBerry,I wish they would get rid of him.Air Force has a very White football team, but there jet pilots are even Whiter almost 99%.I'd like to see the team 100% White with a new Head Coach!!

Bronk

Mentor
Go Air Force!

Now that Rice has gotten rid of Kenny Hatfield, the Falcons are just about the last option team in the nation.

C Darwin

Mentor
I love the offensive scheme of The Air Force Academy! The triple option is fun to watch and it takes brains to execute. The Falcons make it work. Their offensive drives are time consuming and productive. Watching the Xs and Os being executed to the T by Americas finest is what I enjoy most about college football right now.

003.jpg

white tornado

Mentor
Air force was down 14 in the forth to Tennesse the came back to score two touchdowns. After their final TD they chose to go for two and the win, but were stopped and lost the game 31-30.

robcat

Guru
too bad they lost. Wonder what Air Force head coach Deberry thinks now about all of Tennessee's highly recruited super fast black players.
smiley36.gif

Triad

Mentor
robcat said:
too bad they lost.  Wonder what Air Force head coach Deberry thinks now about all of Tennessee's highly recruited super fast black players. 
smiley36.gif
That they're not disciplined enough to stop the triple option.Edited by: Triad

Kaptain

Master
robcat said:
too bad they lost.  Wonder what Air Force head coach Deberry thinks now about all of Tennessee's highly recruited super fast black players. 
smiley36.gif

I'm sure he thinks: "Wow! I'm the greatest coach in the world!, now if I can just get some affletes on my team I can go undefeated the rest of my life! I'm so good."

Tennessee didn't have to punt in the entire game. Eric Ainge had another strong game, 24-29 333 yards. He was 13-15 in the first half with both incompletions drops. Ainge had a costly intercept late, his only poor play of the night. Highly-touted receiver, Robert Meacham, has finally started doing well, after two poor seasons.

On defense, Tennessee couldn't stop Air Force's option offense. The Falcons spread out the Vols and took advantage of UT's attack mentality on defense. Vol defenders ran themselves out of plays, leaving lanes for Falcon backs to gain easy yardage. Tennessee was in the right defense on Air Force's two-point attempt with under two minutes left, stopping a wide play.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Air Force beat Wyoming 31-24 today, behind a 131 (2TDs)yard rushing and 40 (1TD) yard passing game by QB Shuan Carney. Chad Hall had 20 runs for 122 yards and a TD. Way to go guys! Chad has 203 yards in 2 games. If he keeps this up, he'll be over 1000 yards for the season! Here he is getting good yardage against Tennessee.

ad47a33a-1acd-4c22-96d6-c8a7e0ea5d12.jpg

surfsider

Guru
Having grown up a Sooner fan during the wishbone years I take particular pleasure in seeing an option offense run well. As black as OU's backfield might have been there was always room for talented whites---Steve Owens, Joe Wylie, Leon Crosswhite, Steve Davis and of course Jack Mildren. Ironic indeed that the D-1 schools that have success with option offense are teams that have predominantly white(inferior) RBs. When Oklahoma went away from the 'bone it was partly in response to Nebraskas becoming more "athletic" on defense yet the service academies, whom everyone assumes are generally out-classed athletically against most opponents, can run on almost anyone.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Surfsider, you make a good point there. Air Force is opening some eyes this year, and will open even more if they can keep winning.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The Falcons have a big game at home Saturday against New Mexico. Air Force had 2 of the 3 MWC players of the week last week in their QB and Kicker. Lets hope these guys and Chad Hall have a big game.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Air Force beat New Mexico today pretty easily, and even though a black RB got most of the carries today, Chad Hall shined, averaging 7.9 yards a run. He had 7 runs for 55 yards and a TD, plus led the team in receiving with a 14 yard catch, and he also had a pass attempt. Shaun Karney passed only 3 for 5 times for 19 yards, running 18 times for 36 yards and a TD.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Chad Hall is having another good game, even though his team is losing in the 4th. He has 9 carries for 58 yards and a TD, plus 2 catches for 43 yards!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
LB Drew Fowler was named MWC defensive player of the week. He had 18 tackles against Navy last week! Here he is (#33) against Utah last year. Way to go Drew!
smiley32.gif

By the way, all MWC players of the week are white again! BYU QB John Beck, and Utah K Louie Sakoda were the other 2.

n189ydz1.jpg

678489.jpeg
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Major update to Air Force's starters. A couple of guys are replacing injured starters or have worked their way to the top. 19 whites now, including an all white defense so far this year!
smiley32.gif
They play Colorado State tonight at 8 Eastern, but I don't think its on TV.

Gary

Mentor
An all-white defense?!? Good for Air Force.There combat flyers are very white also. I hope they win enough games to get a bowl game.

Triad

Mentor
An all white defense must be driving DeBerry crazy.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Carney and Hall are both over 100 yards on the ground with over 5 minutes to go. Hall also had an 11 yard catch while Carney has thrown 2 TDs. CSU receiver Dustin Osborn has 3 catches for 85 yards and a score.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Boy, Air Force is putting a hurting on Army, 43-0 with 39 seconds to go in the first half. Hall has 76 yards on 12 carries and a TD. Carney has 10 runs for 31 yards and a TD. Beau Suder recovered a Kendrick fumble in the endzone for another score. The white DB's for Air Force has 3 pics already, John Rabold has 2 and Garrett Rybak has 1. Now Spencer Armstrong has a 36 yard TD catch! Wow!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Air Force had 12 different people running the ball in this game. Hall ended up leading all runners in the game with 93 on 16 tries. Chad Smith had 3 carries for 35 and Scott Peeples had 7 for 29. Nathan Smith got Air Force's 4th pick of the night. Adam Zanotti returned a fumble 98 yards for a TD as well.