2 billion people watched this dreck!

white is right

Hall of Famer
If half the people in the world are women then about 2/3rds of them tuned into this "event". Or maybe a few million queer eye for straight guys tuned in too...
smiley36.gif
smiley5.gif
http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/862021-the-royal-wedding-2011-the-biggest-tv-audience-in-history

Menelik

Mentor
I'm an early bird type person. I have to admit that I "glanced" at it this morning.

Paleocon

Guru

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This lie falls in the lol category. I was reading this the other day about the level of interest in Britain:
Oddly, the British public isn't as interested in the wedding as one might think. Most Britons say they don't really care about the event. Only about a third of them plan to watch the show on TV. And, compared to previous royal nuptials, relatively few of them plan to take part in the traditional street parties. In the center of London, hotels have plenty of spare rooms even though they have been offering discount deals for the weekend.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,759304,00.html

If most Brits don't even care, it's safe to assume that considerably less than 2 billion people watched. A tenth of that figure sounds more reasonable.

For many years the U.S. media proclaimed that the Super Bowl was watched by "over a billion people worldwide." Then someone calmly pointed out that outside the U.S. there was very minimal interest in the contest, mostly from ex-pats and fromtroops serving in the 750+ military bases the Glorious Empire has all over the world. That ludicrous claim subsequently disappeared. Americans, and people everywhere, are bombarded from "authoritative" sources with all kinds of false claims and statistics, many of which don't stand up when given the most cursory examination.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I didn't watch it and am glad I didn't. Even if I hadn't needed a lot of sleep Thursday night, I wouldn't have woke up early to watch a woman who is almost without question not a virgin put on a white dress and try to look respectable. If they had done things the right way, I might have cared a little. Still I wouldn't care a whole lot for a number of reasons.

Observer

Mentor
Colonel_Reb said:
I wouldn't have woke up early to watch a woman who is almost without question not a virgin put on a white dress and try to look respectable. If they had done things the right way, I might have cared a little. Still I wouldn't care a whole lot for a number of reasons.
My sentiments also.
I can understand how there was a buzz for Lady Diana Spencer's wedding, but not for this current pair of trash. But I admit that I didn't really know too much about either of them until I received an email about them yesterday that referenced their lifestyle.
But I do think it is a good sign that many people still do have some attachment to what remains of a well-ordered and hierarchically-arranged society.
Put it this way, I think it's better that people have an interest in this instead of, let's say, some pop rock star having a big wedding with her lesbian partner.

j41181

Master
I agree with Observer,

I saw bits of the wedding, and it's quite a good sign of celebrating a CHRISTIAN tradition (traditional marriage), and the beauty of Christianity was on display. The beautiful Christian hymns, a REAL Christian marriage for all the world to see, and not the farce that Hollyweird often displays.

At the same time, it's quite a waste on the average Brit's taxpayer money for a bunch of STIFFS. Most people nowadays are educated enough to see how UNCOOL it is to be a royal stiff, it's just the media making a big fairy tail BS on this one. This certainly beats any gay/lesbian marriage BS.

Still, for their sake, I hope this marriage lasts longer (and less scandalous) than that of Charles and Diana.

It's also quite possible (given England's changing demographics) in about 30-40 years that some black or Asian gold digger could one day marry into the Royal stiffs. Unless, they have that unwritten rule to keep it purely "indigenous." Edited by: j41181

Highlander

Mentor
Colonel_Reb said:
I didn't watch it and am glad I didn't. Even if I hadn't needed a lot of sleep Thursday night,
I wouldn't have woke up early to watch a woman who is almost without
question not a virgin put on a white dress and try to look respectable.
If they had done things the right way, I might have cared a little.
Still I wouldn't care a whole lot for a number of reasons.
Exactly.
Ironically, when I was a boy, I couldn't sleep one night and so turned
on the black and white T.V. in my bedroom and it happened to be the day
of the Charles and Diana ceremony, so I did see some of that one.

Anyway, Kate, sadly, is probably as moral of a woman as William could
possibly find in contemporary Britain that was also attractive. Her
handlers had to teach her how to curtsy for god's sake, because she had no clue. Also, she had the phrase "to obey" struck out of the marriage vow so as to adhere to the ongoing feminist theme of being a "strong and independent" woman. Bible? "Word of God"? Ahhh, who cares about that? Obviously not her and certainly not the feminists. What the hell, let's have an elaborate traditional "Christian" ceremony anyway...just for the spectacle of it. Mendacity all around.

As far as the two billion go, I actually think it's quite plausible.
Women and girls are absolutely obsessed with this sh*t. Ever since the
1990's when all of the "Princess" crap started appearing on
clothes in stores and parents buying their daughters this junk, it
reinforced in them at an early age that that's what they were,
instilling in them a sense of entitlement...the fruits of which can be
seen everywhere today, as adults, by their actions and attitudes. It's no
wonder Kate had no clue how to curtsy.

Satellite TVs are everywhere
now, unfortunately, as well as the Internet, so there are more ways to
watch this now and more eyes to watch it, not counting the increased
number of "news" media outlets pushing this fluff. In countries like
Japan, the women are obsessed with Western romance and chivalry and in countries like Thailand, England is their adopted country...they are obsessed with everything England...many Union Jacks, especially during the World Cup...and no one does "pomp and circumstance" as well as the British.

Edited by: Highlander

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Why would anyone on this site care about a wedding of a royal family? Especially, the one who were the oppressors of our forefathers? The idea of royalty is an archaic idea to a freethinking, liberty loving individual like myself. These nobility deserve the noose more than they deserve fanfare or admiration. Between the move to global governance and the remnants of oligarchies and monarchies, I sometimes have little faith in the future for free humanity.

Observer

Mentor
Freethinker said:
Why would anyone on this site care about a wedding of a royal family? Especially, the one who were the oppressors of our forefathers? The idea of royalty is an archaic idea to a freethinking, liberty loving individual like myself. These nobility deserve the noose more than they deserve fanfare or admiration. Between the move to global governance and the remnants of oligarchies and monarchies, I sometimes have little faith in the future for free humanity.
Freethinker, it is a delusion to think that any group of any kind can operate without certain smaller subgroups that have expertise to lead in the particular endeavor, whatever that endeavor may be. Sometimes these smaller subgroups can operate in the open honorably, either because their deeds are pure or else because the populace does not consider such an elitist group -- a nobility -- to be an intrinsic evil.

Sometimes, I think that we in the USA have exactly the government that we deserve, with powers wielded from from the shadows, and out-of-reach of the people. And even if the intentions of this hidden oligarchy were good, they would still need to operate in this fashion, to prevent chaos from a people whose mindset will gladly allow the erection of a slave state, as long as the official fiction of freedom is upheld at a theoretical or oratorical level. We will not accept a visible aristocracy, so we end up with a hidden oligarchy.

That being said, I am not a fan of the Anglo monarchies.

I do think that one of the most effective tricks historically was to persuade people that the abolition of an organically-developed serfdom would automatically create freedom -- rather than the more likely condition of a degeneration into slavery with less real legal recourse than was the situation under serfdom.

Every stable and developed society will have either an (a) aristocracy out in the open with legal responsibilities developed organically over the centuries -- or else (b) an oligarchy that is not really bound by custom because its activities are hidden and therefore beyond the reach of public law. The USA mindset makes (b) almost inevitable, unless one really wishes to follow Jefferson's thought about a revolution every generation or so. (And there is plenty of that sort of activity also in America, some of which is listed under the "Crime" thread.)

Global governance had little chance when there still existed nationalist monarchies with traditions and customs that went back hundreds (or thousands) of years. It may not be difficult to corrupt hereditary political structures, but it is really easy to dupe novices who are elected every couple of years or so. In either case, there will necessarily be those people who are "permanent", whether as faceless and semi-public bureaucrats, publicly-adulated aristocrats, or heavy-handed shadow figures who cannot operate in the public eye. If there are exceptions to this rule in a stable society, I would be interested in learning about it.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I saw some of the highlights. What is not to like? Celebrating White history/demonation, traditions , well mannered Whites celebrating their history , our history. Also I don't mind looking at the Attractive bride and her sister. Their family arose to great wealth by starting a business. A black cow on the View complained she didn't see any black ppl in the celebration. What ! So that they could ruin it! Just once can they think of any thing not racist. Jeez

I liked the flyover at the end. That was the only part of the wedding I watched. It is always good to see Spitfires and Hurricanes in the air again.

foobar75

Master
There's enough problems and cynicism in the world these days, so I'm going to go with a positive spin on this. I watched the wedding highlights today on various networks, and I admit that William & Kate make a very handsome couple. I hope they have a long and happy marriage (like the Queen and Prince Phillip), and a big family with many children. I don't know a great deal about them, but from what's been reported, there's virtually no dirt on either one of them. They seem like genuinely decent people, well mannered & behaved, educated, and I think they can be good role models. And in case anyone hasn't noticed, they are also very White.
smiley1.gif

I doubt 2 billion people (no idea if that number is a lie or not) would've tuned in to watch a black, hispanic, or Asian couple get married, so that should tell us something. England is in far worse shape than the US at the hands of their CM overlords, so having an attractive White couple serve as the new face of the monarchy (and the country) is a good thing. Leaving aside the obvious historical implications between the US and England, it's good to see that the royal family has been very careful to maintain a sense of racial awareness to keep the blood and lineage pure for hundreds of years. This is true of other European monarchies as well. They seem to be completely exempted from the forces of multi-culturalism and let's hope that's exactly how it stays going forward.

chris371

Mentor
foobar75 said:
I doubt 2 billion people (no idea if that number is a lie or not) would've tuned in to watch a black, hispanic, or Asian couple get married, so that should tell us something.

Very interesting point. Though I suspect the fact that it was a british wedding as opposed to a Swedish wedding played a role too. The british crown just has a bigger reputation and more prestige than any other royalty, millionaires and celebreties worldwide.

The Hock

Master
foobar75 said:
They seem to be completely exempted from the forces of multi-culturalism and let's hope that's exactly how it stays going forward.

That's what bothers me about all this "royal" hooplah. While the common people and working class in England are run out of their neighborhoods and see them turned into no-go zones where even law enforcement fears to tread, the upper crust gets to gad about in their glass carriages and smile for the camera, as if everything is just fine and getting better in jolly old England.

Well it isn't. A woman I worked with was born and grew up in London till the age of twelve when she moved to the U.S. She says she went back for a visit some time ago, and found her old neigborhood had become a Muslim hellhole for white peopl. She says it's nothing like the London she knew, and she's not that old. I doubt a pub singer would have been arrested for singing "Kung Fu Fighting" when she lived in London.

This whole "royal" wedding thing is a bunch of Neros fiddling while Rome burns. I don't blame the "royals." They're serve mainly as tourist attractions that go and do as protocol and tradition dictate. At least they're white, yes. But give it a few more years, and hopefully they'll get a taste of what their handlers have been imposing on the little people.

Queen Abullah, anyone?

Highlander

Mentor
England went through massive demographic and social changes in the 90's. There are many factors for this. The late comedian Bill Hicks, who died in 1994 of pancreatic cancer, was not very popular in the States but was hugely popular and influential in England. Anyway, he would occasionally bash "White people". I remember listening to one of his recorded performances from Pittsburgh, to probably just a few dozen people, where he said "kill all White people" and he would regularly mock southerners. In one of his sold-out 20,000 seat performances in London, he would joke about the "crime" in England at that time (this was the early 90's) and compare it to crime in the States, mocking the British press because they would have a news story about a "dust bin being knocked down in Shaftesbury" by some "hooligans" and then go on to say what the Bloods and Crips in the States would do to these "hooligans" if they every came across them. Of course, everyone in the audience had a hoot and guffawed along, since they were several thousand miles away from the street gang mayhem/culture of the States. There seems to be a bit of masochism inherent amongst the British.

Although I liked and agreed with some of Hicks' stuff, he was an idealist that believed everyone could live together and get along (there's no difference between a puppy and a rattlesnake (as ramzpaul recently said)) and eventually leave the planet on a huge spaceship (one too many hits of acid.) Anyway, when he died unexpectedly, England was in mourning...they even had (and still have, I believe) a "Bill Hicks Day" there, proclamated by Parliament.

I think they bought into his naive philosophy after his death because that's when they really started opening up the doors to pretty much anyone that wanted to come in and give them special treatment...i.e.) first on the list for public housing vouchers (even above poor WWII vets), job opportunities via affirmative action, welfare, etc...even to the extent of forcing villages and hamlets in the countryside to integrate...all the while publicly demeaning and using "shaming language" on those that would protest, thus the birth of the BNP. Obviously, with Blair becoming Prime Minister and the Labour Party becoming the dominant party at the time, they followed the same wide-open door philosophy, knowing they would gain the votes of all of these immigrants.

Now I'm sure they can only wish that their crime problems were the extent of a "dust bin being knocked down in Shaftesbury" by some "hooligans". Boy, the good ole days, and that was only about 15 years ago. The tradtional Brits are now fleeing Britain en mass for what they perceive to be greener pastures in Australia, Spain, New Zealand, and even the States. But the same sickness has spread to all of these countries, more or less.

About six years ago, I heard the same thing from one of the Redgraves (either Lynn or Vanessa, can't remember) about returning to England after being gone for several years and seemingly shocked by how it "was not the England that I grew up in", "not the England that I remember", "not merry old England anymore", something like that. I also remember hearing the late Beattle, George Harrison, saying essentially the same thing after living in the States for a while and then going back there, obviously disappointed.

Yes, the outstanding "pomp and circumstance" of this wedding ceremony illustrates how things could be, all the time, and in reality...but in about 20 years or so, it will simply become fantasy, only existing as a fairytale, unless a dramatic awakening happens that reverses the damage that's been done.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I look at the British monarchy in a manner similar to Christianity as it relates to the future of white people. Both were once a source of great pride and strength for our people, both are now a horrible example of the anti-white nightware we live in.

The queen and her family supposedly the bulwark that, with divine guidence, shall guard and protect her people, is now one of the tools engaged in their disposition.

I am only slighly less disturbed by the image, in 50 years of a sharia led British High Seas fleet, then I am by the idea of the occupying mexican government that will then control the US nuclear arsenal.

I regret that my children will have to live through it but am at least glad that I will almost certainly not.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
'Where are the black people?' asks Sherri Shepherd as The View hosts discuss Royal Wedding

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 9:00 PM on 30th April 2011

Never mind who wore what, the View's Sherri Shepherd had another more controversial question about the Royal Wedding today.

'Where are the black people?' the outspoken actress, 44, asked as the panellists critiqued Prince William and Kate Middleton's ceremony.

The star said she had earlier searched through the footage of guests at Westminster Abbey.
Burning question: Sherri Shepherd was searching for black people at the Royal wedding on The View today

Burning question: Sherri Shepherd was searching for black people at the Royal wedding on The View today

'Audrey Jones our producer was looking for the black people in the wedding and we found our Rosa Parks moment, because we were like 'where are the black people'?' she said.

'It was like where's Waldo, where are the black people?' she added.

'We found one little black child in the choir but where's the black people at this wedding?' she repeated.

'Wait a minute the Calvary guy, from New York,' said Goldie Hawn, 65, who was a guest host for the day.
Hot topic: The panel discussed the Royal Ceremony today

'Well the guests, there they are,' said Sherri, pointing to an area in the Abbey reserved for foreign royals, Governor generals and high-level diplomats.

'They are segregated but they are at the front so we have our Rosa Parks moment,' she added referring to the African-American civil rights activist Rosa Parks who refused to obey a bus driver's order to give up her seat for a white passenger on December 1, 1955.

'I don't know why they put all the black people over here but they are at the front of the wedding so I ain't complaining, they got in the front,' added Sherri.

The women also mocked the Queen and the dresses of princesses Eugenie and Beatrice.
'Rosa Parks moment': Sherri pointed to a screen showing a small group of black people at the front of the congregation

'Rosa Parks moment': Sherri pointed to a screen showing a small group of black people at the front of the congregation

Joy Behar, 68, said the Queen of England looked like: 'A bumble bee with a drinking problem,' live on air.

'Holy Moly, who wears yellow?' continued the comedian, who was wearing a crinkled brown suit.

'I've never seen a Queen wearing yellow, she looks like a taxi cab keep that meter running Queenie,' she added.

When talking of the outlandish Philip Treacy hats of Eugenie and Beatrice host Sherri Shepherd said: 'Oh my god, that is Lady Gaga. Straight.'
Joy Behar said the Queen looked like 'a bumble bee with a drinking problem

Joy Behar said the Queen looked like 'a bumble bee with a drinking problem'

'They look like they are auditioning for Let's Make a Deal, you know that show?' said Joy, referring to an old NBC game show where audience members used to dress in hilarious costumes, often like clowns.

'They look like horns,' said Sherri.

'Like a deer in the headlights,' added Goldie Hawn

The cackling celebrities from The View were not the only Americans to take a pop at the Royal Wedding.

Actress and comedian Kathy Griffin, 50, also took the opportunity to have a dig at the Royals during a TV Guide Network special that broadcast after the wedding.

'Look at Posh's second head,' Ms Griffin said, referring to Victoria Beckham's Phillip Treacy hat.
Joke: Actress Kathy Griffin said the Queen looked like she had taken a nap during the wedding service

Joke: Actress Kathy Griffin said the Queen looked like she had taken a nap during the wedding service

Spotting Guy Ritchie among the congregation gave the comedian a chance to make a joke about his ex-wife Madonna.

'That's gotta hurt Madonna. Madonna's at home in her apartment with Sarah Fergeson and they are eating donut holes and crying,' she told her panelists, including author Jackie Collins.

She added that the Queen had decided to 'take a nap' during the service, describing it as 'fantastic'.

'I am out, I am Queen, I can decide I am bored. Spice it up I never heard this song,' she imagined the Queen as saying.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382074/Royal-wedding-2011-The-Views-Sherri-Shepherd-asks-Where-black-people.html

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

white is right

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
'Where are the black people?' asks Sherri Shepherd as The View hosts discuss Royal Wedding

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 9:00 PM on 30th April 2011

Never mind who wore what, the View's Sherri Shepherd had another more controversial question about the Royal Wedding today.

'Where are the black people?' the outspoken actress, 44, asked as the panellists critiqued Prince William and Kate Middleton's ceremony.

The star said she had earlier searched through the footage of guests at Westminster Abbey.

'Audrey Jones our producer was looking for the black people in the wedding and we found our Rosa Parks moment, because we were like 'where are the black people'?' she said.

'It was like where's Waldo, where are the black people?' she added.

'We found one little black child in the choir but where's the black people at this wedding?' she repeated.

'Wait a minute the Calvary guy, from New York,' said Goldie Hawn, 65, who was a guest host for the day.

'Well the guests, there they are,' said Sherri, pointing to an area in the Abbey reserved for foreign royals, Governor generals and high-level diplomats.

'They are segregated but they are at the front so we have our Rosa Parks moment,' she added referring to the African-American civil rights activist Rosa Parks who refused to obey a bus driver's order to give up her seat for a white passenger on December 1, 1955.

'I don't know why they put all the black people over here but they are at the front of the wedding so I ain't complaining, they got in the front,' added Sherri.

The women also mocked the Queen and the dresses of princesses Eugenie and Beatrice.

Joy Behar, 68, said the Queen of England looked like: 'A bumble bee with a drinking problem,' live on air.

'Holy Moly, who wears yellow?' continued the comedian, who was wearing a crinkled brown suit.

'I've never seen a Queen wearing yellow, she looks like a taxi cab keep that meter running Queenie,' she added.

When talking of the outlandish Philip Treacy hats of Eugenie and Beatrice host Sherri Shepherd said: 'Oh my god, that is Lady Gaga. Straight.'
Joy Behar said the Queen looked like 'a bumble bee with a drinking problem

Joy Behar said the Queen looked like 'a bumble bee with a drinking problem'

'They look like they are auditioning for Let's Make a Deal, you know that show?' said Joy, referring to an old NBC game show where audience members used to dress in hilarious costumes, often like clowns.

'They look like horns,' said Sherri.

'Like a deer in the headlights,' added Goldie Hawn

The cackling celebrities from The View were not the only Americans to take a pop at the Royal Wedding.

Actress and comedian Kathy Griffin, 50, also took the opportunity to have a dig at the Royals during a TV Guide Network special that broadcast after the wedding.

'Look at Posh's second head,' Ms Griffin said, referring to Victoria Beckham's Phillip Treacy hat.

Spotting Guy Ritchie among the congregation gave the comedian a chance to make a joke about his ex-wife Madonna.

'That's gotta hurt Madonna. Madonna's at home in her apartment with Sarah Fergeson and they are eating donut holes and crying,' she told her panelists, including author Jackie Collins.

She added that the Queen had decided to 'take a nap' during the service, describing it as 'fantastic'.

'I am out, I am Queen, I can decide I am bored. Spice it up I never heard this song,' she imagined the Queen as saying.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382074/Royal-wedding-2011-The-Views-Sherri-Shepherd-asks-Where-black-people.html
For the most part it was English people what Blacks aside from boxers and some footballers and track athletes are among the social elite anyway? The former Labour PM wasn't invited and that's a bigger snub than not inviting Frank Bruno or the on again off again Brit Lennox Lewis....
smiley11.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Long Live the Queen the Queen is dead. After ruling for 70 years the ceremonial head of state died suddenly today at 96. Prince Charles will be sworn in a ceremony that dates back to the formation of England. He will reign as King Charles the 3rd. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61585886

Last edited:

icsept

Master
Long Live the Queen the Queen is dead. After ruling for 70 years the ceremonial head of state died suddenly today at 96. Prince Charles will be sworn in a ceremony that dates back to the formation of England. He will reign as King Charles the 3rd. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61585886
The NFL and Sportscenter are devoting air time and moments of silence because somebody’s grandma died in England?!?

Monarchists (in this country, anyway) are thankfully small enough in number to be a harmless source of amusement. Imagine wanting Hunter Biden to be the crown prince.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Monarchists (in this country, anyway) are thankfully small enough in number to be a harmless source of amusement. Imagine wanting Hunter Biden to be the crown prince.
Aren't those people called traitors?

Or worse Imagine being ruled by drunken womanizing Kennedy's with terrible overbites., or even worse Skeletor giving woke decrees...

So uh... what's up with all these political figures dying or coming close to dying recently? I realize that coincidences sometimes happen but there have just been too many of these in a row.

Just in the last 4 months:

May 24: attempted assassination of George Bush Jr.
July 7: assassination of Shinzo Abe
August 3: Jackie Walorski (Indiana Congresswoman) dies in a car crash
August 11: attempted assassination of John Bolton
August 30: Mikhail Gorbachev dies of kidney failure
September 1: attempted assassination of Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner (Argentina vice president)
September 8: Queen Elizabeth II dies of a yet unknown illness

I can't be the only one who's noticed this, right?