11/02, Golovkin VS Stevens & Abdusalamov VS Perez

Don't know about you guys, but I'm excited and looking forward to tomorrow's HBO Boxing doubleheader from Madison Square Garden in New York City. The broadcast is commencing at 10 PM EST, and will kick-off with heavyweights, Magomed Abdusalamov VS Mike Perez, then followed by the Main Event, for the WBA & IBO Middleweight titles, Champion Gennady Golovkin VS Contender Curtis Stevens.

I'm a huge fan of Magomed Abdusalamov, 18-0 (18 KO) and I've seen many of his fights. Abdusalamov is a power-puncher with a relentless pressure-type fighting style. He puts pressure on his opponent from the opening bell, backing them onto the ropes with power shots, and the pressure seems to intensify as the fight goes on. All of his opponents so far have been unable to withstand his pressure and seem to collapse by the 4th round, hence Magomed`s 100% KO ratio. I`ve also seen several of Mike Perez`s, 19-0 (12 KO) fights and in particular, I remember him from the Prizefighter UK series a year or two ago, where he won by knocking out Tye Fields in the final. Mike Perez, like Mago, has a strong amateur background coming from Cuba. Perez also has good power and good boxing skills. According to 5dimes.com, as of roughly 9AM EST this morning (36 or so hours outside of fight-time) Mike Perez was a -140 favourite, and Magomed Abdusalamov was a marginal underdog at +120.

Abdusalamov VS Perez has shaped up as a competitive, 50-50 type fight of undefeated heavyweight contenders. Fights like these are important in establishing new blood in the heavyweight division, and I firmly believe whoever wins the fight will have earned a top-10 ranking at heavyweight (if not even top-8 or top-5). In some ways, the fight seems similar to when Alexander Povetkin fought Eddie Chambers back in 2008 or so (at that time, both were up and coming undefeated heavyweights). Deontay Wilder should take note of this fight. This fight is firmly more significant than any of the fights in Wilder`s 30-fight career, and both guys are doing it in almost half as many fights. Pathetic on Wilder`s part. To take the point further, I would lay money down that both Abdusalamov or Perez would easily beat Wilder (probably by KO). Prediction: Abdusalamov TKO 9 Perez.

2wgab02.jpg

Turning to the Main Event, we have in action one of my favourite fighters in boxing Gennady Golovkin, 27-0 (24 KO) continuing his Middleweight title-run in what will be his 9th title defense of the WBA title he won back in 2010. Golovkin has recorded consecutive KO's in his last 14 fights, and these include notable names such as Kassim Ouma (TKO 10), Lajuan Simon (KO 1), Greg Proksa (TKO 5), Gabriel Rosado (TKO 7), Nobuhiro Ishida (KO 3), and Matthew Macklin (KO 3). Golovkin hits with remarklable power, and what makes him amazing is that his boxing ability seems to be expert, no doubt stemming from his lengthy amateur career. Gennady literally looks unbeatable in his fights, and it's hard to imagine anyone beating him in a fight, that's how good he looks.

I've seen several of Curtis Stevens, 25-3 (18 KO)' fights and though he has looked impressive in some of his recent KO wins on NBC, it's important to understand he is facing overmatched opposition. It's also notable that Stevens has in the past been stopped by, or lost decisions to not-so-great opposition (Marcos Primera and Jesse Brinkley). Quite frankly, I view Stevens as on a level similar to Gabe Rosado. He's very tough, very game, can hit, but that aside, Golovkin has every advantage and should win this one easily. Stevens has also been very thuggish, buffoonish, and downright disrespectful to Gennady in the pre-fight buildup. Stevens posted pictures on his twitter showing a funeral with a casket that said ''RIP GGG'', and also claimed at a recent press conference that he is going to ''**** Gennady up'' (to which Gennady replied ''Are you serious man''... lol). You can view the press conference here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA4aqoYGiTI

Really looking forward to watching both of these fights and I think there's a good chance that both Abdusalamov and Golovkin are victorious, which would be great for us here at this site! I'm confident Golovkin will win, and the Abdusalamov fight is a toss-up, but I think Abdu should pull it out. Will be especially nice to see Golovkin KOing this Negro thug Stevens after this Negro has talked so much trash ahead of the fight. He's just making things worse for himself because he is going to get beat up bad! Golovkin is going to destroy this guy. Prediction: Golovkin TKO 9 Stevens.

2je4615.jpg

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
[video=youtube;GbBXZwqt74I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbBXZwqt74I[/video]

Last edited:

The Hock

Master
For some reason I thought these fights were part of Borenard Hopkins card last week and didn't figure it out till the show started. I'm very picky these days what fights I'll invest my time in to watch and these two definitely make the cut.

Can't wait.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Don't know about you guys, but I'm excited and looking forward to tomorrow's HBO Boxing doubleheader from Madison Square Garden in New York City. The broadcast is commencing at 10 PM EST, and will kick-off with heavyweights, Magomed Abdusalamov VS Mike Perez, then followed by the Main Event, for the WBA & IBO Middleweight titles, Champion Gennady Golovkin VS Contender Curtis Stevens.

I'm a huge fan of Magomed Abdusalamov, 18-0 (18 KO) and I've seen many of his fights. Abdusalamov is a power-puncher with a relentless pressure-type fighting style. He puts pressure on his opponent from the opening bell, backing them onto the ropes with power shots, and the pressure seems to intensify as the fight goes on. All of his opponents so far have been unable to withstand his pressure and seem to collapse by the 4th round, hence Magomed`s 100% KO ratio. I`ve also seen several of Mike Perez`s, 19-0 (12 KO) fights and in particular, I remember him from the Prizefighter UK series a year or two ago, where he won by knocking out Tye Fields in the final. Mike Perez, like Mago, has a strong amateur background coming from Cuba. Perez also has good power and good boxing skills. According to 5dimes.com, as of roughly 9AM EST this morning (36 or so hours outside of fight-time) Mike Perez was a -140 favourite, and Magomed Abdusalamov was a marginal underdog at +120.

Abdusalamov VS Perez has shaped up as a competitive, 50-50 type fight of undefeated heavyweight contenders. Fights like these are important in establishing new blood in the heavyweight division, and I firmly believe whoever wins the fight will have earned a top-10 ranking at heavyweight (if not even top-8 or top-5). In some ways, the fight seems similar to when Alexander Povetkin fought Eddie Chambers back in 2008 or so (at that time, both were up and coming undefeated heavyweights). Deontay Wilder should take note of this fight. This fight is firmly more significant than any of the fights in Wilder`s 30-fight career, and both guys are doing it in almost half as many fights. Pathetic on Wilder`s part. To take the point further, I would lay money down that both Abdusalamov or Perez would easily beat Wilder (probably by KO). Prediction: Abdusalamov TKO 9 Perez.

2wgab02.jpg

Turning to the Main Event, we have in action one of my favourite fighters in boxing Gennady Golovkin, 27-0 (24 KO) continuing his Middleweight title-run in what will be his 9th title defense of the WBA title he won back in 2010. Golovkin has recorded consecutive KO's in his last 14 fights, and these include notable names such as Kassim Ouma (TKO 10), Lajuan Simon (KO 1), Greg Proksa (TKO 5), Gabriel Rosado (TKO 7), Nobuhiro Ishida (KO 3), and Matthew Macklin (KO 3). Golovkin hits with remarklable power, and what makes him amazing is that his boxing ability seems to be expert, no doubt stemming from his lengthy amateur career. Gennady literally looks unbeatable in his fights, and it's hard to imagine anyone beating him in a fight, that's how good he looks.

I've seen several of Curtis Stevens, 25-3 (18 KO)' fights and though he has looked impressive in some of his recent KO wins on NBC, it's important to understand he is facing overmatched opposition. It's also notable that Stevens has in the past been stopped by, or lost decisions to not-so-great opposition (Marcos Primera and Jesse Brinkley). Quite frankly, I view Stevens as on a level similar to Gabe Rosado. He's very tough, very game, can hit, but that aside, Golovkin has every advantage and should win this one easily. Stevens has also been very thuggish, buffoonish, and downright disrespectful to Gennady in the pre-fight buildup. Stevens posted pictures on his twitter showing a funeral with a casket that said ''RIP GGG'', and also claimed at a recent press conference that he is going to ''**** Gennady up'' (to which Gennady replied ''Are you serious man''... lol). You can view the press conference here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA4aqoYGiTI

Really looking forward to watching both of these fights and I think there's a good chance that both Abdusalamov and Golovkin are victorious, which would be great for us here at this site! I'm confident Golovkin will win, and the Abdusalamov fight is a toss-up, but I think Abdu should pull it out. Will be especially nice to see Golovkin KOing this Negro thug Stevens after this Negro has talked so much trash ahead of the fight. He's just making things worse for himself because he is going to get beat up bad! Golovkin is going to destroy this guy. Prediction: Golovkin TKO 9 Stevens.

2je4615.jpg

Do you think the BEAST FROM THE EAST Magomed knocks Perez out? Possible. Also, Broner has been very disrespectful to the guy he is facing.

Do you think the BEAST FROM THE EAST Magomed knocks Perez out? Possible. Also, Broner has been very disrespectful to the guy he is facing.

For me, it's almost a sure thing that Golovkin will KO Stevens.

Some people might say Stevens has a puncher's chance, and to an extent I suppose that is true. Anything can happen in boxing. That being said, Golovkin has reportedly never been knocked down as a pro or amateur, in over 350 combined total fights, taking place over more than a decade. So it seems unlikely to me that Stevens, even if he lands, will be able to KO or seriously hurt Gennady. Judging by his record, you'd be inclined to think that Gennady has a solid chin. I'd give Stevens a less than 10% chance of winning the fight (and even that I feel, is generous). Golovkin should easily outclass and KO Stevens.

As for Magomed VS Perez, in my original post I predicted a 9th round TKO win for Mago, and I'll stick to that prediction, but I admit its something of a shot in the dark. Mago has never been past round 4, so we don't know how his stamina will hold up. Ive seen both guys fight, and to be honest, I'm more impressed with Mago's relentless pressure style. We haven't seen Perez hit with a big shot so we don't know how he will take it. Rest assured Perez's chin will be checked VS Mago. I'm also impressed that in every fight I see of Mago, he gets stronger with each passing round (suggests to me his stamina will prove to be there). It would seem to be in Perez's interest to box and fight in spots, stay off the ropes.

It's a tough fight to call but if I had to pick a winner I'll take Mago by (T)KO in 9. I suspect he will break down and stop Perez late. The mainstream view on this fight is that it is a 50-50 fight, Perez is a slight betting favourite, but that has see-sawed back and forth and at times Mago has been a favourite.

white is right

Hall of Famer
He's fighting one of the original "Chin Checkers". Stevens while talking the talk hasn't walked the walk(for the most part). He has a glaring loss to Jessie Brinkley who easily out boxed him at 168. He only has a punchers chance at best the odds are about 10 to 1 to a shade higher on GGG beating Stevens.

The Hock

Master
Hell I'd take 20 to 1 on Golovkin. Stevens should go down early and often. He can't outbox, he can't outpunch, and he for sure can't out-think Genaddy. He should have a funny look on his face by no later than the middle of the second round and be gone ere the fourth is over.

Ambrose

Master
Alright, the fights tonight should be fun. I think these fights are easy to predict so here are mine.

Abdusalamov is a true hard hitting heavyweight. He's in shape and determined. Perez may be in shape, and equally determined, but he's puffed up full of muscle. Perez is not a true heavyweight. Small frame inflated with a muscle suit. Won't do him any good. Abdulsalamov will clock him with cracking blows for a few rounds, and exchange for awhile, until Perez relents and either falls, quits, or the referee stops the fight. Abdusalamov by TKO mid rounds.

GGG will use all of his skill, experience, intelligence, superior athletic and physical abilities to beat up on Stevens like a punching bag. This fight won't even be close. "Chin Checker" maybe against others but against GGG he is lucky to enjoy a paycheck. GGG by atomic demolition.

Thanks to Carcharias for the links.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
I concur with your prognosis, Professor Ambrose.

Professor Werewolf

Westside

Hall of Famer
Seriously how many "specials" are they going to have about degenerate Mike Tyson. Its seems every network has one. Enough!

Back on topic. Triple G fight should be starting in 15 mins. The previous heavyweight fight was good action and skill. The black Negro won, and relied on his amateur background/pedigree to get him through after being rocked in the 9th. The muscle memory from all those years paid dividends.

Hope GGG destroys this big "moufed" affalete.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Wow! great performance. Great jab, power in both hands. Displayed great chin after being chin checked by a powerful fighter. Best body puncher since a prime Roberto Duran. The way Triple G fought and kicked ass is the reason Boxing is my number one sport. Simply great professional boxing performance. Loved it!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Stevens talking the usual Negro trash talk and was made to eat his words. He looked like a little boy against a true man (which, of course, was the case).

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hell I'd take 20 to 1 on Golovkin. Stevens should go down early and often. He can't outbox, he can't outpunch, and he for sure can't out-think Genaddy. He should have a funny look on his face by no later than the middle of the second round and be gone ere the fourth is over.
Hey Hock you called it! I saw the funny clown face on Stevens when he was decked in the 2nd round.

a5308860

Banned
Great performance by GGG. Lots of racists downplaying the performance on boxing forums.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Wow! great performance. Great jab, power in both hands. Displayed great chin after being chin checked by a powerful fighter. Best body puncher since a prime Roberto Duran. The way Triple G fought and kicked ass is the reason Boxing is my number one sport. Simply great professional boxing performance. Loved it!
Also, liked his head movement. He was able to duck a lot of powerful quick shots by Stevens. I loved how he rolled with several of them. Triple G in about 2 or 3 more fights will be a Top 5 PFP. I loved how he called out affelet kid cocoa quillian. After last weekends performance by Quillian, I will hear crickets coming out of his mouth for the foreseeable future.

Have to admit I'm sad to see Abdusalamov lose his fight, as I'm quite a big supporter of him and I was hoping he'd pull this one off. 97-92, as two judges scored it for Perez is an absolutely absurd scorecard. I honestly wonder what fight they were watching, because Perez was clocked in many of the rounds. There's no way Perez won 8 rounds in the fight as that scoring would suggest. This was a competitive fight and reasonable cards include anything from 96-93 Perez to 94-95 Abdusalamov. As much as I hate to say it, I guess Perez did deserve the win, I probably would have scored the fight 95-94 Perez.

I predicted a 9th round TKO win for Abdusalamov, and that almost happened, but ultimately the Cuban was able to outwork Abdu for the decision win. It seemed to me like what cost Abdusalamov the fight was that he was outworked in the middle rounds. Abdusalamov seems to fight in spots and over a 10 or 12 round fight, if it goes the distance, you're not in a good position to win rounds. However, it was a very exciting fight and both guys - Perez and Abdusalamov - deserve credit for putting on a great show.

Excuse my "French", but Gennady was just Fcuking awesome in there tonight. What a special fighter. I haven't seen someone like this guy in a long time. He's special in the same way that Joe Calzaghe was! I don't see anyone beating Gennady. Curtis Stevens is a very underrated fighter, and honestly, I'm somewhat surprised at how easily Gennady handled him and basically busted him up. This fight was a demolition job, simply put. Stevens took a lot of punishment, and this is the type of beating that takes something out of a fighter. I don't think Stevens will be the same after this, if he continues to box. This fight was a demolition job.

I predicted a 9th round TKO win for Gennady, and the fight was stopped at the end of round 8, so I was only off by 1 round in my prediction and the fight went almost exactly as I thought it would. This fight was something of a repeat of Gennady's win over Rosado. Overall, I think Gennady's performance is one of the best performances Ive seen in a long time. Stevens talked so much trash before the fight, saying he was going to "**** Gennady up". Well, as it turned out, the only one who got busted up was him. This fight was an extremely one-sided beating.

One of the most thoroughly one-sided thrashings I've seen in literally years of watching boxing.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Have to admit I'm sad to see Abdusalamov lose his fight, as I'm quite a big supporter of him and I was hoping he'd pull this one off. 97-92, as two judges scored it for Perez is an absolutely absurd scorecard. I honestly wonder what fight they were watching, because Perez was clocked in many of the rounds. There's no way Perez won 8 rounds in the fight as that scoring would suggest. This was a competitive fight and reasonable cards include anything from 96-93 Perez to 94-95 Abdusalamov. As much as I hate to say it, I guess Perez did deserve the win, I probably would have scored the fight 95-94 Perez.

I predicted a 9th round TKO win for Abdusalamov, and that almost happened, but ultimately the Cuban was able to outwork Abdu for the decision win. It seemed to me like what cost Abdusalamov the fight was that he was outworked in the middle rounds. Abdusalamov seems to fight in spots and over a 10 or 12 round fight, if it goes the distance, you're not in a good position to win rounds. However, it was a very exciting fight and both guys - Perez and Abdusalamov - deserve credit for putting on a great show.

Excuse my "French", but Gennady was just Fcuking awesome in there tonight. What a special fighter. I haven't seen someone like this guy in a long time. He's special in the same way that Joe Calzaghe was! I don't see anyone beating Gennady. Curtis Stevens is a very underrated fighter, and honestly, I'm a bit surprised at how easily Gennady handled him and basically busted him up. This fight was a demolition job, simply put. Stevens took a lot of punishment, and this is the type of beating that takes something out of a fighter. I don't think Stevens will be the same after this, if he continues to box. This fight was a demolition job.

I predicted a 9th round TKO win for Gennady, and the fight was stopped at the end of round 8, so I was only off by 1 round in my prediction and the fight went almost exactly as I thought it would. Overall, I think Gennady's performance is one of the best performances Ive seen in a long time. Stevens talked so much trash before the fight, saying he was going to "**** Gennady up". Well, as it turned out, the only one who got busted up was him. This fight was an extremely one-sided beating.

One of the most extreme one-sided beatings I've seen in years of watching boxing.
Stevens had a merciful corner. It looked like he could have gone on for a round or two before he would have been eating canvas. Golovkin's shots were so hard that even partially blocked shots were wearing Stevens out. When his corner pulled him out Stevens just stared at the ground the will to win was beaten out of him.

Westside

Hall of Famer
It was also great seeing Wlad and his fantastic looking fiancé Hayden supporting Triple G. A lot of celebrities and VIPs in the crowd. Was over at ESB, and there is a race war going on over there. A couple of black racists attempting to discredit GGG at every turn. It is good to know that those posters are putting those negros in there place, at least on the internet. Some of the posters at ESB were saying the racial tension at the fight was thick.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I scored it 95-94 for Perez, who is promoted by K-2 now, as are Golovkin and Afolabi.
I thought the fight was even after the 4th. But Mago seemed to hit the wall in the 5th and I only gave him one round after that the two point 9th round. So that would make it 96-94. I wonder if the fight would have been different if Mago hadn't gotten all the facial damage. He also seemed to hit the wall after he looked like he was on the verge of stopping Perez in the 4th with mean body shots that had Perez stiff legged and retreating.

a5308860

Banned
It was also great seeing Wlad and his fantastic looking fiancé Hayden supporting Triple G. A lot of celebrities and VIPs in the crowd. Was over at ESB, and there is a race war going on over there. A couple of black racists attempting to discredit GGG at every turn. It is good to know that those posters are putting those negros in there place, at least on the internet. Some of the posters at ESB were saying the racial tension at the fight was thick.

SREDMOND from ESB is the biggest racist black (wigger?) troll on the net. ESB used to be about Eastern Euro fighters only. What a shame what it has become and the types it now attracts.