Vitali Klitschko vs. Dereck Chisora

frederic38

Hall of Famer
congratulation to vitali!

The Hock

Master
No highlights in the fight, only one lowlight, Chimpsora spitting in Vlad's face. The Brit announcers really downplayed the the unprecedented (as far as I know) incident. Maybe they were afraid of being fired, or charged with "hate speech" if they said too much negative about the african. Looks like the press over there tread very carefully when dealing with that demographic, just as they do over here.

Last edited:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Vitali seemed to have little power behind his punches and underused his jab. If Chisora had another couple of inches of reach it could have been disastrous. Maybe just an off day but a win is a win.

I noticed the same. Vitali is clearly much slower than when he was in his prime. His prime was when he fought Lennox Lewis. Chisora was able to back him up and you almost never see anyone back Vitali up. Vitali was always the better fighter of the two brothers until now.

I really hate to say this, but a fight with David Haye could be disastrous for Vitali. He doesn't have the speed that Wladimir has and Haye has a shot of beating him. There is a lot of talk that Haye will be Vitali's last opponent.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just saw the wrap up show on Epix. The most respected boxing writer to me, Dan Raphael of ESPN, stated that Vitali is one of the greatest heavyweight fighters ever, case closed. That was great to hear.

Also, during the post interview with Vitali, Vitali implied that something happened to his left hand, hence, the lack of its effectiveness. Surely if it was tip top, the beating he laid on the BKGA would have been alot more severe. He basically fought with one hand, against the best negro fighter in the world and still easily beat him. Congrats Vitali:high5:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Just saw the wrap up show on Epix. The most respected boxing writer to me, Dan Raphael of ESPN, stated that Vitali is one of the greatest heavyweight fighters ever, case closed. That was great to hear.

Also, during the post interview with Vitali, Vitali implied that something happened to his left hand, hence, the lack of its effectiveness. Surely if it was tip top, the beating he laid on the BKGA would have been alot more severe. He basically fought with one hand, against the best negro fighter in the world and still easily beat him. Congrats Vitali:high5:

The hand could certainly explain why Vitali wasn't at his best today. Still, he's slowed down a lot, even from when he fought Sam Peter just a few years ago.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I noticed the same. Vitali is clearly much slower than when he was in his prime. His prime was when he fought Lennox Lewis. Chisora was able to back him up and you almost never see anyone back Vitali up. Vitali was always the better fighter of the two brothers until now.

I really hate to say this, but a fight with David Haye could be disastrous for Vitali. He doesn't have the speed that Wladimir has and Haye has a shot of beating him. There is a lot of talk that Haye will be Vitali's last opponent.
Its funny how Haye mentioned in the post fight that Vitali has lost speed but then went on about really wanting to set up a fight with him....why not fight Wlad? I mean if his toe was really hurt.......

Last edited:

TwentyTwo

Master
Thanks for the link Dempseyfire!

After the slap in the face then the spitting water in the face was really hoping Vatali would get a 1st Round KO...or a 8th round KO as Chisora predicted for himself...

Hard to believe Vitali is already 40....he was winded in the middle rounds; credit to Chisora for bringing the fight.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
It was certainly a harder fight for Vitali than any of us could have imagined. I actually gave Chisora two rounds. Chisora was able to get inside a few times on Vitali and that worries me. Fighters haven't been able to do that to him before.

The Hock

Master
I don't think he's capable of thinking that far ahead, but Chimpsora may have inadvertently set up a great double-header for the summer: Vitali-Haye and Vlad-Del Butt.

You heard it here first.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
It was certainly a harder fight for Vitali than any of us could have imagined. I actually gave Chisora two rounds. Chisora was able to get inside a few times on Vitali and that worries me. Fighters haven't been able to do that to him before.

I think Vitali's defense and timeing were there and as good as ever, but his offense was bad, especially the absense of the usual piledriver jab. That's why Chimpsora (good name) was able to move forward all night long. He said he may have hurt his hand and I believe him. he's no lying chimpanzee with a hoit baby toe - and now they've inflicted that a-hole upon us as an announcer!

The Chimp should be heavily fined for both the slap AND the spitting, hopefully so heavily that he won't make a cent. He also needs to be warned that any repeat of such behavior will result in his banning. But then I'm assuming the boxing authorities will behave as tho boxing was a legitimate sport and not a "sports exhibition" like wrasslin. Silly me.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Haye and Chisora got into a fight at the post-fight presser. Haye struck Chisora with a bottle. Adam Booth got his face bloodied.

Chisora has been arrested. However, according to Chris Mannix, Haye threw the first punch and hit Chisora with a bottle.

But now Mannix is saying Chisora threatened to kill Haye, and that's why he was arrested.

http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisMannixSI

Wladimir had a good laugh over the Haye-Chisora brawl. :biggrin:

News article here:

http://www.boxingscene.com/haye-chisora-nasty-brawl-presser-booth-hurt--49730

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Congrats to Vitali! :high5:

Guys, I am an absolute *diehard* boxing fan and I have been for all of my life. I'm 23, and Ive been following the sport religously since I was about 10. So, for 13 years I have been following this sport very closely.

First of all, I didn't watch the fight live, I was working so I caught a replay on youtube. For some reason I was unable to watch rounds 11 and 12. My link stopped after round 10.

Up to that point I had scored the fight 7 rounds won by Vitali, 1 round won by Dereck, 2 rounds even (rounds 2 and 6 I thought were close to call). I usually dont score even rounds but the quality of the video on youtube was crap and I was watching the fight socially. So, I'm gonna estimate that my scorecard is something like 116-112ish or 117-111ish in favour of Vitali.

Congratulations to Vitali. At the end of the day who gets THE WIN is the most important thing and Vitali has done it again and enhanced his legacy in the process. I actually think this win improves his record and resume.

Let me also say that Dereck Chisora is a VERY TOUGH GUY and probably the #3 or #4 heavyweight in the world. There is no shame in having a competitive fight with him. Chisora is a very good fighter, B+ level, and would give anyone from any era a tough night's work.

Vitali looked good to me. His right hand was landing with shocking frequency. I totally agree that his jab was missing though, Im assuming there was an injury or something. In any case, Vitali's right hand was smashing into Dereck's face a good 5 or 6 times a round at minimum.

Vitali really took Dereck to school. Totally and completely outboxed him. Vitali was dropping multiple shots on Dereck per round. Dereck was also having a lot of difficulty to hit Vitali because of Vitali's head movement. Vitali's punch landed % and defense were vastly superior to Dereck's.

Credit where its due, Dereck came to fight, gave a solid go at it. But at the end of the day, he was totally outboxed and outclassed by a superior technician.

Yes a KO win would have been more satisfying, but at age 40, thats asking a lot of Vitali. I have no doubt the Vitali of 2008 would have KO'd Chisora. But a win's a win, and I was actually impressed with Vitali.

Chisora is a quality opponent and this win adds to Vitali's legacy! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Overall, I was impressed with Vitali. His superior technique, punch accuracy, and defense won him the fight. Dereck had sooooo many problems to hit Vitali and Vitali's right hand couldn't miss.

I haven't seen the CompuBox stats, but my impression from watching is that Vitali landed 60-70% of his right hands, and Dereck probably landed less than 20% of all his punches.

Vitali threw and landed.
Dereck threw and missed.

That was the story of the fight, basically.

I was impressed with Vitali's skill level and determination as always. This guy is a true god damn alltime great. Its amazing at age 40 he's still beating the crap out of quality guys who are like 25 years old and in their primes.

Good, solid win for Vitali tonight.

Where does Vitali go from here? Retirement? Haye Fight. I'm not sure. I don't feel that Haye is a risky fight for him though. To be quite honest, I think Dereck is a very good fighter and honestly I'd say Chisora/Haye is a 50-50 type fight that could go either way. Vitali has amazing chin, defense, and skill level.

Vitali was 10x better technically in this fight. Chisora had no defense, was eating punches all night. Klitschko used a welltimed right hand, movement, footwork, and Chisora wasnt able to land cleanly. Vitali took Chisora to school.

Actually it looked like Master (V Klitschko) VS Student (Chisora)

Not sure where Vitali goes from here, but tonight was a solid win that will add considerably to his legacy. Don't forget that Chisora's career is not done, and 5 years from now, Chisora may be a big player at heavyweight.

Overall this is a good result for us and for Vitali!

Last edited:

Watching that video, its clear that Dereck Chisora has some mental issues. Those around him should get him the help he needs.

He showed Vitali a lot of respect postfight. But he was looking for trouble with David Haye and seemed to almost go into a panic attack (shouting he was going to kill and shoot David) when the brawl was occurring.

This guy needs some medication for his mental issues. For real. Yes, the average negro is unruly and law-breaking (there are both genetic and hormonal explanations for that), but this guy even goes beyond that standard.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately this kind of pro-wrestling behavior is just what the DWF's that follow the sport want to see. Nothing creates attention like controversy and these classless british black fighters with their incessant trash talking and thug behavior is more interesting to the fan base then the beat downs they get in the ring from the white euros. Expect this to boost the reputation of both losers.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I think the mulatto panicked when he saw the African charging at him. Maybe he thought he was going to be in a post fight stew pot given to the Chisora camp.....:tongue::thumbdown: More classless nonesense from Haye, how many post fight press conferences has he crashed and ruined. This is supposed to be Klitschko and to a lesser extent Chisora answering the world press about the fight and their future in the sport.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just saw that brawl. Kind of incredible how Haye smashed that beer bottle on Chimpsora skull. Chimpsora deserved it based on his sucker slap on Vitali the other night.

I also found it kinda cool of the many beers on the podium with Vitali and Chimpsora. LOL , America should be like that.

Some here are being a tad harse on Vitali's performance. There is no doubt in my mind if his left hand was 100%, Chimpsora would have gotton the Shannon Briggs all time beat down.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Watching that video, its clear that Dereck Chisora has some mental issues. Those around him should get him the help he needs.

He showed Vitali a lot of respect postfight. But he was looking for trouble with David Haye and seemed to almost go into a panic attack (shouting he was going to kill and shoot David) when the brawl was occurring.

This guy needs some medication for his mental issues. For real. Yes, the average negro is unruly and law-breaking (there are both genetic and hormonal explanations for that), but this guy even goes beyond that standard.

He also spit in Wladimir's face after the fight. He didn't show anyone any respect. The guy is a retarded negro.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Haye and Chisora got into a fight at the post-fight presser. Haye struck Chisora with a bottle. Adam Booth got his face bloodied.

Chisora has been arrested. However, according to Chris Mannix, Haye threw the first punch and hit Chisora with a bottle.

But now Mannix is saying Chisora threatened to kill Haye, and that's why he was arrested.

http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisMannixSI

Wladimir had a good laugh over the Haye-Chisora brawl. :biggrin:

News article here:

http://www.boxingscene.com/haye-chisora-nasty-brawl-presser-booth-hurt--49730

Dempsey, thanks for the links. The one stream I got working was a British stream. Listening to the two buffoon British annoncers you'd think Chisora was winning the fight if you only had the audio. They have Vitali up by only two rounds after 8. I don't know what that guy is that always does the British fights but he makes me sick.

I got out of work early so I managed to see the fight. When I got home it was the third round or so.