Vitali Klitschko vs. Dereck Chisora

Blue Devils

Mentor
Found a two second video of the slap.

[video=youtube;BT3cjHxOgbc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT3cjHxOgbc[/video]

On the one hand, I understand Chisora's behaviour. For his part he is trying to do what he needs to do to win the fight. He obviously feels like he can gain some sort of mental advantage by slapping Vitali, and perhaps throw Vitali off his gameplan. He actually did this same routine with Helenius, and in fact with all his fights. He has even kissed opponents before fights in an attempt to gain a psychological edge.

Its part of his prefight strategy, and to an extent I understand his behaviour and as boxing fans we should know and expect this kind of behaviour. Its part of the sport.

On the other hand, what he did amounted to assault, and was an unprovoked strike on a target which is legally and ethically wrong. This is savage, jungle-like behaviour and on the one hand I can certainly frown on this behaviour.

At the end of the day, it comes down to what happens in the ring.

Personally I think Dereck is ***sadly*** god damn mistaken if he thinks he's gaining an edge by slapping Vitali. In fact, I think he is building himself a bigger beating.

Vitali is a warrior and brawler to the fullest extent. This pre fight antic will not deter him, rather it will strengthen his mindset and get him up even more for the fight.

Vitali will no doubt be looking for a KO now.

ALSO, these kind of prefight brawls and antics always get me so much more excited for a fight, lol.

Hey this is the fight business. I actually don't take so much issue with Chisora's behaviour. This is boxing. You should expect this before the fight and its kind of what makes the sport what it is.

However, as I noted, these kind of psychological tricks will help with some opponents. But with a real champion, like Vitali, these tricks will do you no help at all come fight time.

I will quote someone from a boxing forum on the slap:

"Chisora just bought himself the ultimate pizza face!"

lmao!!!

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Found a two second video of the slap.

[video=youtube;BT3cjHxOgbc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT3cjHxOgbc[/video]

Dereck-Chisora-007.jpg

This wildly unacceptable, spontaneously violent, outrageously immature, highly unprofessional, and utterly unprovoked attack against Vitali is ridiculous behavior, even for a Zimbabwe-spawned waste-o-flesh such as Chisora.

Vitali was already going to humiliate this little brown pustule...now, he may very well end Chisora’s life between the ropes on Saturday.

Vitali didn't fight back after this cowardly slap, and had this to say afterwards...

“I am going to hit back on Saturday, he will get his beating.”

werewolf

Hall of Famer
The African cannibal should have been arrested for assault. He's even wearing his "work" attire, a mask.

I certainly won't defend a Negro, but in my own opinion, fighters should be given leeway to conduct their pre fight strategy however they like.

Chisora is doing prefight what he thinks will give him the best chance to win the fight. There is nothing wrong with that and some white fighters do this as well.

Tyson Fury, also attacked Chisora before their fight.

So it goes all ways. Its part of the sport. On one hand I don't agree with hitting someone unprovoked, and on one hand I don't ever agree with this kind of conduct. But lets understand this is Boxing and fighters sometimes base their prefight strategy on this.

Dereck Chisora is a noted criminal and has a violent background. The guy is a criminal lowlife. That is obvious and clear. But a slap in the context of a prefight boxing match is OK, in my opinion.

I'm certainly not here to defend a Negro. But I think pre fight slaps are fine, and part of what make the sport what it is. It also adds interest to the fight and motivates both guys so much more.

The full story will be told tomorrow!

I just feel like Dereck Chisora has bought himself an all dressed pizza face for this slap! lol.

Vitali is going to kill this guy.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
" But I think pre fight slaps are fine"

Say what? How about a pre fight sucker punch? How about a pre fight folding chair over the head? Boxing is supposed to be an actual sport not a circus show like wrasslin.

" But I think pre fight slaps are fine"

Say what? How about a pre fight sucker punch? How about a pre fight folding chair over the head? Boxing is supposed to be an actual sport not a circus show like wrasslin.

Yes I agree, its nice to see when two fighters conduct themselves like gentlemen before a fight.

However boxing is a combat sport and very often the guys involved will have high tempers, be a bit violent etc. This is to be expected.

I think a prefight punch would be taking things too far. However a slap is fine and it happens quite frequently in boxing.

It certainly adds interest in the fight.

I would also think that Vitali is probably happy about all of this. He really has a fighter's mentality and he is probably happy about this inside.

The full story will be told tomorrow, but I don't necessarily take issue with a prefight slap.

Hey this is boxing. Ive been watching this sport for 10+ years, and these kinds of things happen and are to be expected. In another way its good because it validates champions as well. (Ie Vitali winning tomorrow will look even better because Chisora tried and failed to get into his head).

End of the day its part of the sport and Im just looking forward to Vitali beating this guy up tomorrow.

Understand this is boxing. Fighting sport. Its not golf.

If you want two guys to be friendly and hold hands before a fight, maybe watching golf would be a better choice.

This is boxing. Prefight slaps are part of the game and everyone knows that.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
" However a slap is fine and it happens quite frequently in boxing. "

Like when?

"I would also think that Vitali is probably happy about all of this."

Could be. It will sell more tickets.

But this is what is to be expected when you allow sub-human negroes to compete in sports with - and live and go to school and work near - humans.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
an attempt to gain a little attention...:icon_rolleyes:
aren't there rules against what he did?

It looked like a criminal assault to me. Just because you're scheduled to engage in a sporting event with someone does not give you the legal right to assault that person, and it doesn't matter if the sport is golf or boxing.

Fair enough we can agree to disagree. My point is simply that, race aside, I take no issue with prefight slaps or prefight `mind games`. Its part of the sport and it helps to separate the champions (Vitali) from the non-champions (Helenius... Chisora`s mind games actually helped him a bit in that fight).

Its part of the sport. I am not defending this negro, rather, I am defending the notion of prefight antics within the sport of boxing.

Obviously I will be fully supporting Vitali and I really feel like Chisora`s mental games are going to backfire on him in this one. He ***really*** picked the wrong guy to slap. He would have been better to slap someone else.

Vitali is iron chinned and iron minded. Wrong guy to slap. Wrong guy to try and play mental games with.

Tyson Fury also assaulted Chisora before their fight and I thought that was awesome lol. Its playful prefight things like that which help generate interest in the fight.

Obviously I dont agree with hitting an unprovoked person. But this is boxing and these things happen. If you want to see two guys shake hands and be friends, watch another sport.

Anyways, fair enough and we can politely disagree :)

Last edited:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Understand this is boxing. Fighting sport. Its not golf.

If you want two guys to be friendly and hold hands before a fight, maybe watching golf would be a better choice.

This is boxing. Prefight slaps are part of the game and everyone knows that.

Which white boxers engage in this type of prefight crap? None! In boxing you have Chisora, Eddie Chambers, Hopkins, Mayweather, and just about every negro in the sport engaging in disgusting behavior before, during,and even after fights.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
"I take no issue with prefight slaps.."

You also said "a slap is fine and it happens quite frequently in boxing ", so I'm still waiting for you to give me some examples.

"I take no issue with prefight slaps.."

You also said "a slap is fine and it happens quite frequently in boxing ", so I'm still waiting for you to give me some examples.

We can politely disagree. :)

My point was simply that these kinds of things happen in boxing and its part of the sport.

But some examples would be:

Tyson Fury assaulting Dereck Chisora at arena before their fight
Bernard Hopkins slapping Winky Wright in the face before their fight
Erik Morales punching Marco Antonio Barrera in the face before one of their fights
Arthur Abraham & Edison Miranda II also got pretty nasty before the fight. I dont think any blows were thrown but I remember a very intense staredown and Art Abe giving Miranda two middle fingers (which I thought was hilarious lol)

Im sure there`s been more and thats only in recent history.

Its part of the sport. Many times fighters get in to it verbally or physically before one of their fights. It helps add interest and motivates each guy.

Negroes are more criminally-prone, violent and impulsive certainly, but thats a different conversation and this is just boxing we`re talking about.

Lets all sit back and enjoy the fight.

Lets Go Vitali!!!

Last edited:

dwid

Hall of Famer
Fair enough we can agree to disagree. My point is simply that, race aside, I take no issu e with prefight slaps or prefight `mind games`. Its part of the sport and it helps to separate the champions (Vitali) from the non-champions (Helenius... Chisora`s mind games actually helped him a bit in that fight).

Its part of the sport. I am not defending this negro, rather, I am defending the notion of prefight antics within the sport of boxing.

Obviously I will be fully supporting Vitali and I really feel like Chisora`s mental games are going to backfire on him in this one. He ***really*** picked the wrong guy to slap. He would have been better to slap someone else.

Vitali is iron chinned and iron minded. Wrong guy to slap. Wrong guy to try and play mental games with.

Tyson Fury also assaulted Chisora before their fight and I thought that was awesome lol. Its playful prefight things like that which help generate interest in the fight.

Obviously I dont agree with hitting an unprovoked person. But this is boxing and these things happen. If you want to see two guys shake hands and be friends, watch another sport.

Anyways, fair enough and we can politely disagree :)
actually thats the whole point of touching gloves before the fight. No one is saying be friends, just respect your opponent, settle everything during the fight. If you want to see this type of behavior then I suggest you should try watching WWE, they have this kind of stuff all the time, except its scripted. What happened here wasn't something scripted like in the Hopkins Wright fight where they could barely keep a straight face, this was just disrespectful.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
We can politely disagree. :)

OK then we politely disagree. I'd like boxing to be a real honest sport and I'd like to see simian behavior outlawed.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
actually thats the whole point of touching gloves before the fight. No one is saying be friends, just respect your opponent, settle everything during the fight. If you want to see this type of behavior then I suggest you should try watching WWE, they have this kind of stuff all the time, except its scripted. What happened here wasn't something scripted like in the Hopkins Wright fight where they could barely keep a straight face, this was just disrespectful.

Can you imagine what would happen if a white fighter slapped a negro like that? Everything from Soetoro-Obama on up would be demanding hate crime charges if not the death penalty!