Sergei Lyakhovich

ww

Guru
Thanks, partner, and no need to apologize. Like I said I don't take internet fighting seriously. You don't know me. I'm just a silly name on your computer screen. I don't pick on anyone. I'm just a counter-puncher.

The British announcers were biased but fair, I thought. Much better than the incompetent crap they now have on US tv. They had Valuev winning, plus the fact that the fight was in his home town - they were shocked when Haye got the decision.

" he was throwing only a few punches a round"

They seem to have disappeared the punchstat numbers, probably because it
wouldn't coincide with the crooked decision.

" as if he was the second coming of Muhammad Ali"

Don't get me started on that media-deified bum Cassius Clay alias M. Ali! He'd be lucky to last four rounds with either Klitschko, and those rounds would be spent running away a la Haye. He couldn't even beat mediocre fighters weighing in the 180's without the help of the crooked judges, like Alonzo Johnson for instance!

ww

ww

Guru
Were they going on like that? Guess I've forgotten. They did have Valuev ahead though.

White Male

Sergej%20Liakhovich%20vs%20Evans%20Quinn.large.jpg

Pre%20fight%20between%20Liakhovich%20and%20Quinn.large.jpg

Pre%20fight%20between%20Liakhovich%20and%20Quinn10-05-21153691.large.jpg

Sergei's negro opponent assaulted him at the weigh-in.  
smiley21.gif

Blue Devils

Mentor
Some good ol' TNB
smiley2.gif

That will only make the ass whipping he gets tomorrow, that much more enjoyable. Welcome to the forum White Male.

White Male

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I've been lurking here for a while and thought it was about time I signed up.

Nice to hear that Sergei stopped that nasty black. Hopefully a video will turn up.

By the way, that's the blackest 'Quinn' I've ever seen.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Beautiful right to the perfect spot on Quinn's chin by Lyakhovich.

Quinn was up at the count of ten, half a second too late, and staggered back onto the ropes anyway.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
When he comes into a fight in shape Lyakhovich is a force at heavyweight. Other times he just seems like he doesn't even want to fight anymore. Hopefully he can regain his old form and maybe win a title from David Haye.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
When he comes into a fight in shape Lyakhovich is a force at heavyweight.  Other times he just seems like he doesn't even want to fight anymore.  Hopefully he can regain his old form and maybe win a title from David Haye.

He'll likely receive a WBA ranking because of today's result, and being a Don King fighter, he may well receive a title shot.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
His fight against Valuev was an embarrassment though with Valuev winning every round and Sergiy unable to land anything significant.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Man, glad that affelet had Sergei's fists pumped into his mug numerous times. Glad he got the KTFO! Hopefully it pops up on YouTube soon.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hey Blue Devil thanks for the video of Sergei's highlight reel KO! The quality of the video is exceptional. Yeah, Sergei's appeared to be in the best phyiscal shape in years.

I also noticed that he has one of the premier trainers now, Tommy Brooks and his Hispanic assistant (don't know his name right now). Having Brooks in his corner no doubt has gotten him in proper condition. Consider me, back on Sergei's bandwagon!
smiley32.gif

ww

Guru
Thanks for the link. Good quality video. And there's Don King right on center stage, as usual, just in case you forget that the gangsters run boxing.
Edited by: ww

ww

Guru
Bold as brass with his ugly mug in center stage at all the big fights. At least the boxing mobsters in years gone by were discreet enough to stay in the shadows.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
They even made two movies degrading white fighters, The Great White Hope and The Great White Hype. Both movies were extremely anti-white.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Guys King's influence has greatly declined. He hasn't had a top draw for about 10 years and increasingly is staging poorer shows. How many times has he taken one of his stable of heavyweights to Germany and had them ko'd or shut out over 12. I too find it reprehensible that a murderer is allowed to travel and earn millions and very few reporters ever bring up the murder or his under wold ties to one of the five families in NYC(they bankrolled Ali vs Wepner and a few other early King promotions).

Solomon Kane

Mentor
I hope this victory helps to spark Sergei to greater heights. Hethrew a lot of heavy and accurate punches. Needs to work on slipping a few punches--one of his eyes was hit pretty bad. He was in good shape though.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
white is right said:
Guys King's influence has greatly declined. He hasn't had a top draw for about 10 years and increasingly is staging poorer shows.

Seems like he's been around forever. I just checked his age (soon to be 79). That's damn old for a black American male; thankfully his promoting days can't last much longer.

Don Wassall said:
white is right said:
Guys King's influence has greatly declined. He hasn't had a top draw for about 10 years and increasingly is staging poorer shows.
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Seems like he's been around forever.  I just checked his age (soon to be 79).  That's damn old for a black American male; thankfully his promoting days can't last much longer.</div>
Yea! he go's all the way back to about 1970! I remember he got the president of zaire to put up all the money for the Muhamad ali vs George foreman fight! So big "Gorge" could duck jerry Quarry! It was rumored that Quarry had made a fool of big "Gorge" in sparring with his counter punching! And That was somthing that made the media and king's blood run cold!

j41181

Master
lost said:
Don Wassall said:
white is right said:
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Seems like he's been around forever.  I just checked his age (soon to be 79).  That's damn old for a black American male; thankfully his promoting days can't last much longer.</div>
Yea! he go's all the way back to about 1970! I remember he got the president of zaire to put up all the money for the Muhamad ali vs George foreman fight! So big "Gorge" could duck jerry Quarry! It was rumored that Quarry had made a fool of big "Gorge" in sparring with his counter punching! And That was somthing that made the media and king's blood run cold!
Still doesn't make up for Quarry's embarrassments against Ali. Don King is no doubt the biggest shame to the sport, he should've been jailed in the first place for murder. Edited by: j41181