Sergei Lyakhovich

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I really like Lyakhovich. He put up a great fight against Lamon Brewster. Lately however he seems to not care much about his boxing career. He comes into fights out of shape and doesn't have a winning attitude. Signing with Don King is the nail in the coffin for his career.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Lyakhovich returns next week on the Valuev-Haye undercard. He'll face Jeremy Bates 22-16-1(18) in an eight rounder.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Jeremy Bates is a C level fighter.  I actually talked to him on youtube and he was a prick. 

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I just can't wait for Valuev vs Haye.  Haye said things about Valuev that you should never say to any human being.  He called him ugly, said that he looks like a character from Lord of the Rings, and that he is a big hairy monster.  I hope this will motivate Valuev to knock the prick out.

lost said:
A lot of good heavyweight's on the undercard. lyakhovich, helenius, platov, will be great night!!
sorry
smiley9.gif
i was reading two topics and got messed up
smiley5.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Hehe thats ok lost.  Maybe you should change your name as you really aren't Lost here anymore.  You fit right in.  

Blue Devils

Mentor
The "White Wolf" returned with a first round stoppage of Jeremy Bates. With the win Sergei improves to 24-3(15).

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Looks like he now has two upcoming fights:

Lyakhovich vs. Quinn

Evans Quinn was one of the great black hopes a couple of years ago until he lost to a journeyman. He is a strong puncher.

Lyakhovich appears to be in the best physical shape I've ever seen him.
smiley20.gif
Edited by: Parody

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Lyakhovich does look pretty cut up. Several years ago when he fought Brewster and and Briggs he was a little out of shape.

Blue Devils

Mentor
I'm glad Don King is keeping him active this year. First Quinn then Holmes. I think Sergei has one last good run in him.

ww

Guru
I'm still pissed at that Briggs fight.  Looked to me like he deliberately lost it.

ww

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
He had that fight won until the last few seconds. Maybe King fixed the fight as he sometimes does. Anyway Briggs is a nobody now so it doesn't really matter.

ww

Guru
He was ahead on all cards. His corner was literally screaming in his face before the twelfth round to stay the hell away from Briggs because the only way he could lose was by KO. So what did he do? He stood right in front of Briggs with his chin sticking out all round until he got KO'd! Even the announcer noted that he was doing the opposite of what his corner had told him to do.

Here's the last round, on Chinese Youtube, maybe posted by good old Yan Ling:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTg3NzkxNzI=.html

Both Briggs and Lyakhovich are making comebacks now. I can't take L very seriously after that one, though.

ww

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Like I said WW, I think the fight was fixed. I also think Don King had someone put something in Wladimir Klitschko's water. The guy is pure scum and any fights he promotes you can't trust. How can anyone take a guy who beat two murder charges seriously? You know he's full of s-it.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

ww

Guru
Aside from the fact that I'm not sure what Lyakhovich was thinking and up to in that fight (there are easier ways to take a dive, no?), I agree with you 100%. Boxing has always been kind of shady, to put it mildly, but instead of getting better it's gotten much worse. The boxing mobsters are bold as brass now, and just in case anyone doesn't quite get the picture, there's ex-con career criminal Don King with his ugly mug right on center stage and leering at the camera in many of the big money fights.

Wasn't Lyakhovich strangely subdued before his fight with Briggs? I remember how strangely subdued Maskaev was before some of his suspicious losses. I suspect the so-called Russian (actually Jewish) Mafiya made him lose one or two, and maybe Lyakhovich too - and speaking of strangely subdued - then there was Valuev and his corner after the Haye thing, but that's another story!

ww

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
ww said:
Aside from the fact that I'm not sure what Lyakhovich was thinking and up to in that fight (there are easier ways to take a dive, no?), I agree with you 100%. Boxing has always been kind of shady, to put it mildly, but instead of getting better it's gotten much worse. The boxing mobsters are bold as brass now, and just in case anyone doesn't quite get the picture, there's ex-con career criminal Don King with his ugly mug right on center stage and leering at the camera in many of the big money fights.

Wasn't Lyakhovich strangely subdued before his fight with Briggs? I remember how strangely subdued Maskaev was before some of his suspicious losses. I suspect the so-called Russian (actually Jewish) Mafiya made him lose one or two, and maybe Lyakhovich too - and speaking of strangely subdued - then there was Valuev and his corner after the Haye thing, but that's another story!

ww

Valuev was robbed. The fight was fixed on the judges scorecards, this much I can guarentee you. Why? So that we can have a black champion at heavyweight. I saw Valuev winning that fight by a few rounds and not to mention the fight was in Germany so it should have gone his way. I think it's pretty ridiculous that you give a title to David Haye when he threw only a few punches a round.

ww

Guru
I just posted this on the BoxRec forum:

Haye did not beat Valuev. He is an illegitimate champ.

OK, I gritted my teeth and watched the horrible fight again carefully and I scored it and I was leaning over backwards to give the benefit of every doubt to Haye. I was far more generous towards Haye than the biased (but fair) pro-British announcers (who had Valuev winning and were shocked at the decision, especially in Valuev's home town) were.

Round 1. Even. Each landed about 1 punch (The British announcers scored it for Valuev)

2. Haye. Backing away but he landed the only decent punch of the round.

3. Haye. He landed a couple of punches.

4. Clear round for V.

5. V again. He's the aggressor and lands more good punches.

6. V again. Same.

7. Draw. Neither effective (British announcers had it for V)

8. Haye. He was more effective.

9. Haye again. Same.

10. V easily. More aggressive and effective.

11. V. Both inefective but V landed a couple.

12. Clearly Haye.

Decision 5-5 draw. One judge was honest, two judges, the American and the Italian, were dishonest. Where are their score cards? Why aren't they called upon to defend their scoring? Their 116-112 scoring is bogus and indefensible. Where are the punch stats? Why no protest from Valuev and his team? Why did Haye and his team appear to know in advance that they won? Haye was climbing on the ropes and waving his arms in victory BEFORE the decision was rendered. I've never seen anything like that before, especially in a close fight like this. Why did Valuev and his team stand there like dummies and meekly accept the blatant robbery of the title?
Edited by: ww

Westside

Hall of Famer
WW great break down of a fight I have never watched. Dan Rafael of ESPN who gets it right most of the time said the fight was dreadful, hence never watched it.

That climbing on the rope thing is a TNB that affelets love to do win, lose or draw.

ww

Guru
whiteathlete33 said:
WW, I had Valuev winning by two rounds.

So did I, WA, and I think so did even the pro-Haye Brirtish tv announcers, but like I said I was trying to give Haye the benefit of every possible doubt, and the best I could come up with doing that was a draw, which means that Valuev should have retained his belt. One important factor that I didn't address is giving credit for aggressiveness, and that's especially important in a fight between a big guy and a little guy, because if you don't rate that factor the little guy, who's most likely faster than the big guy, can just spend the whole night running away and taking an occasional potshot, which is exactly what Haye did.

ww

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
ww said:
whiteathlete33 said:
WW, I had Valuev winning by two rounds.

So did I, WA, and I think so did even the pro-Haye Brirtish tv announcers, but like I said I was trying to give Haye the benefit of every possible doubt, and the best I could come up with doing that was a draw, which means that Valuev should have retained his belt. One important factor that I didn't address is giving credit for aggressiveness, and that's especially important in a fight between a big guy and a little guy, because if you don't rate that factor the little guy, who's most likely faster than the big guy, can just spend the whole night running away and taking an occasional potshot, which is exactly what Haye did.

ww

WW, first off I apologize for my comments about you last time. The reason I made those comments is because of things that happened in the past on this site. I hope you continue to contribute as you are now and not pick at certain members. Yes I agree those British announcers are terrible. When I watched the Valeuv fight they were speaking about Haye as if he was the second coming of Muhammad Ali. This despite the fact that he was throwing only a few punches a round!! Even Adam Booth admitted Haye threw very few punches in the fight but said that he still won the fight.