NFL News, Rumors and Musings

Westside

Hall of Famer
Damn! Woody, one of my all-time favorite players. Hopefully, he has a solid 2 years to close out his great career. Too bad he did not get the SB with NE in 2012. I remember he was instrumental in keeping them in the game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I like the signing. Joe Flacco loves to throw to Dennis Pitta, and Juszczyk was the most involved fullback in the league when he was a Raven. Dixon is another T.J. Yeldon, mediocre at best, so Woodhead should expect to catch a lot of passes and maybe even get a fair amount of carries.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Pats just traded for the colts bust TE Dwayne Allen. Also saw that FB Pat Dimarco is going to the Bills - stupid!

And fat pudge Tolbert was also signed by the Bills.

The Patriots will likely use Allen mostly as a blocker, which will make Gronk and their receivers that much more effective.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
At this point in Woodhead's career I think it's a pretty good fit. He should get 10-15 touches a game.

I also read that Jusczyk wanted to go to a team that would feature him more in the offense - maybe San Fran will let him run the ball some too.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I like the signing. Joe Flacco loves to throw to Dennis Pitta, and Juszczyk was the most involved fullback in the league when he was a Raven. Dixon is another T.J. Yeldon, mediocre at best, so Woodhead should expect to catch a lot of passes and maybe even get a fair amount of carries.
The Ravens also tendered restricted free agent Michael Campanaro, who is another dangerous weapon for Flacco if he can ever stay healthy. He's also a good punt returner but of course weenieworld is "surprised" he was signed.

With Woody, Weddle, Pitta, Campanaro, Flacco and hopefully more Urban, the Ravens are better than most on any given Sunday.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Mcdermott proved to be another dumb cuck head coach. He learned nothing from watching sCam. Buffalo is being run by a bunch of imbeciles. Curse them. I hope they win zero games.
PHillisFan, cheer up. Dougtavis has also signed this tubby orc.

front.php

Vlad Ducasse. As talented as he is handsome.

At this rate, the Bills will somehow be even more unwatchable and black than last year. Another playoff-less season is damn near guaranteed.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Kyle Juszczyk's deal with the 49ers is reportedly 4 years, $21 million, with $10.5 million guaranteed. He's now the highest paid fullback in the NFL. Given the contract and the haste with which he was signed, San Fransisco clearly has big plans for him. Considering their black RB's (Hyde and Draughn) aren't exactly stellar, this could be a "Peyton Hillis to the Browns" moment...

FA_Juszczyk_news.jpg

The Pats signing of Allen isn't all that bad. Jack Doyle is now the #1 TE on the Colts and is poised for a breakout campaign in a prolific passing offense. Allen has missed 23 games in 5 years due to injury and isn't a prolific pass-catcher by any means. White TE's, Rob Gronkowski and Matt Lengel, will also be on the roster. With Allen's arrival, the ultra-obnoxious Martellus Bennett will be surely not be re-signed.

As for Woodhead, it's interesting to note that he was signed so quickly into free agency. The Ravens must have been targeting him since the season ended. As Don mentioned, FB Kyle Juszczyk has been targeted on passes 132 times over the past 3 seasons, so Woodhead (the game's most prolific best receiving RB along with Theo Riddick) should get plenty of work. I'd love to see him get 70-80 catches.

RTTAS

Guru
Definitely liking the Juszczyk signing, fantastic pass catchers and blocker - optimistically hoping for a 600-yard season from him, maybe 450 from 50 receptions and 150 from 40 carries?

Hoyer is a good QB signing, hopefully can start for a few years while mentoring Trubisky/Webb/Darnold/Rosen as they develop, although I'd prefer to have Kirk Cousins brought in as both a short-term and long-term QB (and MVP candidate).

The three afflete signings...not so great. WR Goodwin from the bills isn't very good at all - he's caught under 50 passes in 4 seasons. WR Garcon from the skins could help lure Cousins to SF but he's not that great either, better than the other scrub WRs at least. LB Smith from the raiders is terrible in coverage but I guess I'm used to it from all the horrible affletes the niners have had on defence recently. I'd take Hartline, Cooper, and Worrilow over these guys in a heartbeat.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Andrew Whitworth signed by the Rams. I like this signing because after seeing some of the rams hard knocks season you could tell it was a bunch of idiotic affletes running the show. Whitworth by all accounts has been a stand up guy and steady locker room presence - this should help Goff both off and on the field quite a bit.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
DeSean Jackson signed with the Bucs, which is fine because he was linked with NE.

The Pats seem very interested in Saints WR, Bradin Cooks, and could be trading Malcolm Butler to obtain him. The Eagles, Lions, and Titans are also interested in Cooks, so hopefully they get him instead of NE. Cooks has talent and is legitimately fast, so he'll only take targets from Hogan, Edelman, Gronk, and Amendola.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Connor Barwin cut by the Eagles.

AJ Klein to the Saints

Looks like the Redskins are truly a mess behind the scenes:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Redskins franchise player Kirk Cousins "appealed personally" to owner Dan Snyder for a trade.

Per Mort, Cousins was "basically told not to get his hopes up." The well has been poisoned in Washington, with team president Bruce Allen alienating his franchise quarterback for essentially no reason. The nature of the modern NFL is that you have to pay quarterbacks more than you might sometimes be comfortable with. Whomever ends up replacing Cousins in Washington, this year or next, will almost certainly be a downgrade. The Redskins still can't stay out of their own way. It's a sad state of affairs for what should be a crown-jewel franchise.

Another weenieworld blurb about the Redskins:

In a wide-ranging column detailing the Redskins' impending split with GM Scot McCloughan, the Washington Post explains the separation was caused by arguments over control and whether to sign Kirk Cousins long term, and the Redskins' lack of support for McCloughan.

We would recommend reading the piece below if you're any kind of an NFL fan. McCloughan felt disrespected the Redskins did not defend him when Chris Cooley spread a rumor McCloughan had relapsed into alcoholism. McCloughan also told people in 2016 he would have signed Cousins long term "if he had full control," which "angered" president Bruce Allen. McCloughan and the coaching staff clashed over McCloughan's preference of more-talented Rashad Ross over coaches-pet Ryan Grant. The Post reports McCloughan never stopped drinking, but "peers all agreed they didn't believe McCloughan's drinking ever hindered his job." Per the Post, the Redskins and McCloughan are now "working toward a buyout." Allen and coach Jay Gruden have won the power struggle.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It's become comical to see teams sign these retread mediocre black players year after year under the delusion they are improving their team.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
-It looks like the Lions landed themselves a very good RT in Ricky Wagner. He'll be making 9mil a year there!

-Glennon a 3yr 45million dollar contract. Jay Cutler era officially over in Chicago with the Glennon signing and Jay's release!

L

Lew

It's become comical to see teams sign these retread mediocre black players year after year under the delusion they are improving their team.

The way I look at it is that these teams know these players aren't any good and won't help them out but the system provides them each with 160 million dollars of welfare money to distribute to all of these undeserving n words and they have to spend it somehow

Shadowlight

Master
-Jack Doyle rewarded with a 3yr 19million dollar extension from the Colts!

-Panthers also resigned S Colin Jones for another2yrs!!

-TJ Lang is testing free agency. Looking to draw 8-10mil a year. As a result he might not be a Packer next year. Had an outstanding 2016, didn't give up a sack! Ted Thompson needs to step up and pay this man, now's not the time to jew your best OL for the past 5-7yrs!
S Colin Jones go figure? He was playing a lot towards the end of the season two years ago when they made it to the Super Bowl. It looked like he was becoming a starter because he was playing so well. Last year where was he? Can't blame speed because he has great speed. I'm missing something here but at least they are committed to him I guess. Now the Cowboys have workout warrior S Byron Jones who looks like a non athletic clod out there somehow. Back up Jeff Heath on the other hand seems to play well any time he is given a chance and he isn't one of those slow as molasses safeties either so what is going to give over there in Cowboy country?
As for Woodhead I am surprised he landed in Baltimore so if Campanaro( big question mark) can start emerging and get over being injury prone that makes for a nice little duo.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Osweiler was traded to the Browns - sounds like the Texans wanted to get rid of him. I hope he is able to get a fresh start in Cleveland but now it sounds like they are going to release him. No way Osweiler would have been jettisoned Fromm houston after one year if black. As for Cleveland if they dump osweiler but keep the gremlin it just goes to show what a laughing stock they are.

PHillisFan

Master
Oz being traded must mean Texans are expecting to win in the Romo sweepstakes.

Fasano is a great blocker and will help Miami run game.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Oz being traded must mean Texans are expecting to win in the Romo sweepstakes.

Fasano is a great blocker and will help Miami run game.

Hopefully they also see something in Savage. It wouldn't surprise me to see their black gm draft a black quarterback though

Tannehill17

Mentor
Fasano back to Miami.

I'm hoping this means they aren't planning to draft Njoku or OJ Howard or any of the other glorified wide receivers playing tight end that are coming out in this draft. Hopefully this also means the end of Dion Sims tenure here. Another one of Jeff Ireland's picks that turned out to be nothing.

Update: Sims signed with the Bears

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Tampa resigns Conte at a bargain price. 2yrs 5million. Chance to make another 2million in incentives.

PHillisFan

Master
Reports are Seattle trying hard to sign TJ Lang. Hope he passes. Sick of hearing of Seattle and their dungbeetle.