NFL News, Rumors and Musings

PHillisFan

Master
Do you think Snyder is pushing for a black quarterback? I always got the feeling he resented the fact that Cousins made him look stupid by proving to be the better QB over his hand picked guy, RG3. Perhaps this is why Snyder is in no hurry to resign Cousins.

It would not surprise me if Snyder did everything possible to draft Desaun Watson.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It would not surprise me if Snyder did everything possible to draft Desaun Watson.

Yea I would not put it past Snyder. Cousins is the best QB the Redskins have had since Brad Johnson (probably even better) yet he is getting no respect from the organization. For a team that has been starved for a QB for so long, to actually have that QB on the roster yet not sign him to a long term deal is asinine.

Speaking of the Redskins and asinine - black privilege posterboy Vernon Davis was resigned to a 3 years 15 million dollar deal. How he justifies that much money is beyond me. He was a terrible player and has been on the decline for the past few seasons.

PHillisFan

Master
Giants just signed Brandon Marshall, which means If Eli doesn't get him the ball enough he will show his diva side. He thought one diva(Odell) was bad.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Speaking of the Redskins and asinine - black privilege posterboy Vernon Davis was resigned to a 3 years 15 million dollar deal. How he justifies that much money is beyond me. He was a terrible player and has been on the decline for the past few seasons.

Vernon Davis was likely re-signed due to the many concussions experienced by their starting TE, Jordan Reed (who does have some talent). After Reed was injured last year and Davis took over, he failed to catch up to an easy deep ball and I heard an announcer on Fox state that "everyone always talks about Davis running a 4.3 40-yard dash at the combine, but he's clearly lost a step and isn't that guy anymore."

Davis, the 6th overall pick in 2006 who never had a 1,000-yard season in the NFL, is now 33 and about 5 years past his prime. Now he'll be making more than 1,000-yard TE's such as Gary Barnidge.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
With Marshall gone, Eric Decker is their #1 WR, although there are rumous that Decker could be cut later this week. Jalin Marshall, the 3rd/4th WR on the Jets, just got a 4-game suspension for PEDs, so cutting Decker now seems less likely. At least with the Giants there's no danger of Marshall taking playing time away from a white WR...because they'd never actually have one on the roster. Marshall was being seriously considered by the Patriots (as is Saints WR, Brandin Cooks, via trade), so I'm glad he ended up paired with Odvia Beckham Jr. instead of taking targets from Hogan, Edelman, and Amendola (assuming he isn't cut).

Apparently, former Ravens fullback, Kyle Juszczyk, is a favorite to sign with the Bills. I liked his usage in Baltimore as a pass-catcher, so hopefully the Black Bills don't waste his talents as a human battering ram.

I was kind of disappointed to see that Jack Doyle was re-signed by the Colts, but the money (three-year, $19 million contract with $9.5 million guaranteed) was good. The anointed black starter, Dwayne Allen, was undeservedly given a big contract last year, so perhaps he'll be cut and Doyle will be their starter going forward?

It's great that Julius Peppers is unlikely to re-sign with Green Bay, meaning more PT for Dean Lowry.

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Unreal. 49ers are in the process of signing Pierre Garcon as their number1 WR. The unreal part is he'll make close to 16million next year! Lynch is a caste whore I'd be surprised if he doesn't draft a black quarterback now!

PHillisFan

Master
Unreal. 49ers are in the process of signing Pierre Garcon as their number1 WR. The unreal part is he'll make close to 16million next year! Lynch is a caste whore I'd be surprised if he doesn't draft a black quarterback now!

That move is probably in the hopes they land Cousins in a trade. Since Cousins is already familiar with Garcon. On other hand, i've heard they have interest in Hoyer. I don't know what to believe anymore because one minute you hear Shanahan wants a young guy and the next they are interested in a veteran qb.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Yea Lynch has been a disappointment so far. My guess is that the 49ers will sign a journeyman type like Hoyer and draft someone to develop unless a Cousins deal develops. I suppose the silver lining to this is that while there is buzz around Glennon, Hoyer, Romo and Cutler to a lesser extent we have yet to hear any excitement about the available black quarterbacks - Toucan, Ebony Jenkem, Geno Smiff. The Browns do seem to have a fascination with idler arm though.

Tannehill17

Mentor
It looks like the Bills are going to retain Thyroid. He's returning in 2017 as having restructured his contract :(:(

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Idler arm staying with bills. No wonder they want Jusczyk - every black quarterback needs a reliable white short passing game threat. I have no real anger in him staying in buffalo as Whaley is about as openly racist as can be. It also won't surprise me if they draft another black quarterback.

It sounds like Glennon is destined for the Bears, Hoyer the 49ers which leaves the Jets as the best destination for Romo and allows Hackenberg and Petty to learn behind him. If Romo ends up in the AFC east the Bills qb situation will become even more laughable Brady, Tannehill, Romo and Idler arm. I would even argue Matt Moore and Garrapolo are better than Idler arm. So if that all pans out we probably can assume the Bills will end up with another losing season and hopefully the end of the racist whaley regime.

PHillisFan

Master
Mcdermott proved to be another dumb cuck head coach. He learned nothing from watching sCam. Buffalo is being run by a bunch of imbeciles. Curse them. I hope they win zero games.

The Hock

Master
Yeah I saw two of the yakkers on a sports channel praising Garcon for making a sacrifice of coming into a bad situation to help "change the culture" and "the locker room" for the 49r's. I think 16 million and easy competition at WR might also have been a factor. More power to him if he can swing a deal like that but don't try to make him some sort of hero.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Pats just traded for the colts bust TE Dwayne Allen. Also saw that FB Pat Dimarco is going to the Bills - stupid!

And fat pudge Tolbert was also signed by the Bills.

PHillisFan

Master
Pats just traded for the colts bust TE Dwayne Allen. Also saw that FB Pat Dimarco is going to the Bills - stupid!

And fat pudge Tolbert was also signed by the Bills.

Colts - The silver lining with the Colts trading Allen is they went all in on Doyle as the #1 for Luck.

Buffalo - At least they got rid of Felton and brought in DiMarco. Tolbert is short yardage because McCoy is terrible at the goal line.
Bills will be another run first team again. Somehow they determined Cutler nor Romo would not be an upgrade over Tynog. Unbelievable.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

PHillisFan

Master
Weenieworld threw their 2 cents in:

Buffalo didn't have good alternatives, unless it wanted to accept a clear downgrade like Nick Foles and use the money saved from Taylor to improve the team elsewhere. Smartly, GM Doug Whaley realized keeping Taylor was the best option. New OC Rick Dennison campaigned for Taylor after the two worked together in Baltimore. Taylor isn't a top-end passer, but he is a top-20 NFL quarterback whose dual-threat and deep-passing ability give Buffalo's run game a significant boost. The Bills have finished 12th and 10th in the NFL in points scored in Taylor's two seasons as a starter.

Foles is such a downgrade, yet Taylor would never be able to have the type of season Foles had in 2013. Taylor being a top 20 qb is even more laughable. Taylor is also 15-14 as a starter.

white is right

Hall of Famer
He probably is a top 20 quarterback but what does that mean? If he is near the back of the top 20(which he is), that's really a spot starter type guy who should be replaced the minute you can get anything better.

Ps I agree Foles' career year is miles better than anything Taylor has ever done.

northwinds

Mentor
Wow.......didn't see the Ravens/Woodhead signing going down. He was talking to the Broncos yesterday. At least he is still wanted at 32 and coming off an ACL. He has a White QB throwing to him.......and Weddle is there......could be worse.

PHillisFan

Master
Wow.......didn't see the Ravens/Woodhead signing going down. He was talking to the Broncos yesterday. At least he is still wanted at 32 and coming off an ACL. He has a White QB throwing to him.......and Weddle is there......could be worse.

Ravens are invested in Dixon as lead back. Best Woodhead can hope for is a split in carries.