NFL 2015 Week 10

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Carson Palmer is playing lights out tonight .

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
The Packers looked awful and Jordy Nelson not being in the line-up is a big part of that. Nelson is a big play guy and in games you lose by a few points a few big plays are enough to change the outcome. Devonte Adams is horrible passes where clanking off his hands all game. It wasn't until Rodgers started to go to Abberdaris and Janis that the Pack moved effectively. Not enough in the end but maybe they learned a lesson?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Fantasy football mistake: pick up Peyton Manning off of waivers, start him for your bye week QB and get -7 points out of the Qb position. And throw in Edelman only playing a quarter and I am reminded why I hate FF.

The Hock

Master
Shoot. Watching the highlights I see Heath's stupid and very costly interference penalty. You know he has to be under the microscope now. Just when he seemed to be establishing himself.

What are the odds on at least Janis and maybe Abbrederis too being called "stopgap" players. In other words filling in just adequately till real athletes can be found. Hope they can respond. No excuses when you have an Aaron Rogers throwing the ball.

From here it looks like Peyton Manning is just about done. He just can't do it physically any more and might be headed for a Steve Carlton type career ending if he won't admit it to himself. He's held together by bailing wire and chewing gum at this point. Nothing to be ashamed of. He's fought the good fight but it's time to hang the cleats up.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Cards are blowing a game they had in hand. Idiotic play against an average team they were mauling by 19, now down by 4. Nuts!

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Ok, good. They came back and beat the Hawks and sent their fans home crying. Cards have the division in hand at 7-2, Hawks drop to 4-5 and the Rams have the division edge for 2nd place at 4-5 because they own the tiebreaker H2H over Seattle. Funny.

Last edited:

Heretic

Master
From here it looks like Peyton Manning is just about done. He just can't do it physically any more and might be headed for a Steve Carlton type career ending if he won't admit it to himself. He's held together by bailing wire and chewing gum at this point. Nothing to be ashamed of. He's fought the good fight but it's time to hang the cleats up.
I saw a picture of him taken from today while perusing BSPN. He had his right arm up in the air and there was hardly any muscle definition or bulk at all in either his upper or lower arm. I understand QB's aren't supposed to have a physique like a linebacker, but I was a quite surprised. It's like he hadn't lifted a weight in a year.

With today's superior weight training facilities coupled with the much-improved knowledge of nutrition and "sports science" as well as all of the available high-end supplements and the fact the he could hire his own chef to cook him seared tuna or and herb-baked chicken every night, I find it difficult that "he just can't do it physically any more". I think he could, but just isn't or is not motivated anymore.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a picture of him taken from today while perusing BSPN. He had his right arm up in the air and there was hardly any muscle definition or bulk at all in either his upper or lower arm. I understand QB's aren't supposed to have a physique like a linebacker, but I was a quite surprised. It's like he hadn't lifted a weight in a year.

With today's superior weight training facilities coupled with the much-improved knowledge of nutrition and "sports science" as well as all of the available high-end supplements and the fact the he could hire his own chef to cook him seared tuna or and herb-baked chicken every night, I find it difficult that "he just can't do it physically any more". I think he could, but just isn't or is not motivated anymore.

Manning trains very hard, including weight training, but he's also naturally lean. I think the main issue is that the multiple neck surgeries he needed have done a number on some of the nerves in his right arm, hence he's lost his feel and touch. He's said he has no feeling in the tips of the fingers of his right hand, which explains his fluttering, often inaccurate throws.

It's sad to see as Peyton has been my favorite football player since Steve Young. At least his decline has been rapid -- it started at the end of the '14 season and continued this year. He put up his usual great numbers until then.

Riggins44

Master
The Packers looked awful and Jordy Nelson not being in the line-up is a big part of that. Nelson is a big play guy and in games you lose by a few points a few big plays are enough to change the outcome. Devonte Adams is horrible passes where clanking off his hands all game. It wasn't until Rodgers started to go to Abberdaris and Janis that the Pack moved effectively. Not enough in the end but maybe they learned a lesson?

21 targets to Adams and he only caught 10 of them. 21 targets! Unreal. And not a single one to Janis. No wonder the Packers are so hapless right now.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
21 targets to Adams and he only caught 10 of them. 21 targets! Unreal. And not a single one to Janis. No wonder the Packers are so hapless right now.

Mccarthy and Rodgers need to get over that whole trust thing with Janis and just play the kid. Its obvious there offense isn't working without Jordy so they need to think out of the box to become
more effective. Targeting Adams 21 times is ridiculous - he is an average wr at best.

dont forget the slow plodding Lacey who hasn't done a thing this year for their offense.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
After Jake Ryan made a phenomenal 10 tackles in just 38 snaps last week, the Packers went right back to the awful Nate Palmer at linebacker yesterday. And even though their receivers can't get open and the offense is struggling big-time, they still refuse to give meaningful playing time to Janis and Abbrederis.

There's the league's obsession with racial apprenticeships for White players playing a "black" position, and then there's flat-out stupidity and cowardice by the Packers. Green Bay needs help at linebacker and receiver. That's why Ryan, Janis and Abbrederis were drafted, to potentially help at those positions, and yet they're still mainly benchwarmers. Either don't draft White players at all, like some teams do, but if you do, don't be so spineless as to not give them a chance when you have pressing needs they can fill.

Green Bay's management has been gutless ever since winning the Super Bowl with the league's Whitest roster. They seem to still be embarrassed about it and are determined not to repeat their "mistake" even as they fall short every year and are now in danger of becoming an also-ran.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Well put Don. Coaches need to get the false stigmas about white players out of their heads. Its
amazing how ignorant they can be even when they see how effective the players actually are.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
It’s interesting to note that despite an extremely limited snap count for both, little known TE, Justin Perillo (58 yards, TD) and reserve WR Jared Abbrederis (57 yards) were 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in receiving yardage yesterday behind the terrible Devante Adams.

GettyImages-497295364.0.jpg

CAPTION: Abbrederis Shines in Limited Role

Justin-Perillo-3.jpg

CAPTION: Newcomer, Justin Perillo

James Jones, who looked good in the first few weeks of the season, seems to have substantially regressed and has accrued a pathetic 89 receiving yards over the past 4 games combined. A logical choice is the start Abbrederis or Janis in his place against a quality Vikings defense...but of course that won't happen. It’s nice to see the Broncos and Packers have such embarrassing outing on their home fields this week. Over the past 3-4 years, both squads have undergone an unwavering “de-whiteningâ€￾ program and are now suffering as a result. The I'd love to see the Blackos continue to lose and miss the playoffs.

Aside from the Edelman injury (that thankfully doesn’t seem season-ending) and basement-dwelling black teams like the Bills, Bucs, and Dolphins winning, it was a pretty nice week. Never before have so many white TE’s dominated the NFL and even back-ups such as Celek and Zach Miller played well. The Seahawks and Raiders are now 4-5 and hopefully continue to lose. Welker returned to the NFL and had a few catches in that terrible offense. Cousins had a great game and the Redskins (who started 3 whites on defense) defeated the hyper-black Saints. Decker was great again. The Denver Blackos have lost 2 straight. The Giants lost a heart-breaker, which was amusing and helped the Eagles remain in contention. Hoping for a big game for the NFL’s second best TE, Eifert, as well as JJ Watt tonight.

"Team Negro" all-star, Greg Hardy, had two more incidents this week...yelling obscenities at Bucs fans and had to be separated from a Cowboys teammate...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...eparated-from-teammate-pregame-194955301.html

Heretic

Master
Green Bay's management has been gutless ever since winning the Super Bowl with the league's Whitest roster. They seem to still be embarrassed about it and are determined not to repeat their "mistake" even as they fall short every year and are now in danger of becoming an also-ran.
I was on the same mental wavelength this morning while at work, thinking the exact same thing.

Notice how there's a direct correlation of this team's fortunes from 2010 to today and the deliberate purging of White players from their roster. To the point now, where, without Jordy Nelson, they are at their worst during this intentional transition.

That's NOT a coincidence.

Heretic

Master
Not much mention of Manziel's solid performance on Sunday:

C/ATT: 33/45

YARDS: 372

AVG: 8.3

TD: 1

INT: 1

QB RTG: 95.8

He also had 17 yards rushing, giving him 389 total yards.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I just posted about Johnny's big day in the Manziel thread. He will be hard to give the Tebow Treatment to now after how good he was against the Steelers.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Rob Ryan fired by the Saints. So much for that affletic laden defense he led.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Pretty entertaining game to watch - the Houston defense has Watt, Crick, Simon and Cushing starting. Hawk is out there for the Bengals. Dalton is among the best QBs in the league this year, Hoyer has replaced the disappointment Mallet and white TEs on both sides of the field. Hopefully Burkhead gets some playing time.

At one point I think the Bengals had 8 Whites in on offense, and the Texans had 4 on defense!!! That doesn't happen, like ever!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Houston's running game is terrible - a combination of a 4/5ths sumo line and really mediocre RBs. They should just run Prosch.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Yates in there now for Texans.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Even though I like the Bengals and Dalton, I'm still rooting for the Texans. Watt and these guys on defense work so hard and rarely get the wins. If they had even an average offense. They need everything on offense. I can't pick anything about this side of the ball that impressed me. The Texans have been wasting away a great defense for far too long now. Hope they somehow pull out the win.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
AJ Hawk with a sack!